Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 04:59 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I think your own biases are showing. The jury I was just on was composed of Blacks and whites. The defendant was black and the victim was black. The blacks on the jury were the ones arguing the most for a guilty verdict.
Did you pay attention to what both sides were doing during jury selection?

Old 07-03-2013, 05:02 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba juneau View Post
You don't have to hurt someone as a matter of degree to have that someone defend themselves and perhaps kill you. Some of you seem to think that when something like this happens there must be a long period of introspection before it is fair and just to react. Hmmm, by my count, he has hit my nose five times and bashed my head seven. I speculate therefore that if he punches me in the nose three more times and bashes my head two more times it will be within the realm of fair play that I pull my pistol and either begin a civil conversation regards the count or simply shoot to kill and leave It to a jury.

Ow...ow...ow...you know, I'm just gonna go with the jury...bang!
You seem to be missing the point.

The prosecution is trying to establish that zimmerman is a prolific liar.
Stating that his head was repeatedly bashed against the concrete is a lie, according to the wound evidence.
Stating that he was punched 25-30 times in the head is inconsistent, again, with the physical evidence.

It is zimmerman's continual lying that the prosecution is attempting to highlight.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:10 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
You seem to be missing the point.

The prosecution is trying to establish that zimmerman is a prolific liar.
Stating that his head was repeatedly bashed against the concrete is a lie, according to the wound evidence.
Stating that he was punched 25-30 times in the head is inconsistent, again, with the physical evidence.

It is zimmerman's continual lying that the prosecution is attempting to highlight.
I don't think it's working. The defense has managed to turn almost every prosecution witness around to benefit Zimmerman's claim.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:18 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You don't agree with me and thus claim it 'worst post I've ever read'. That's an emotional response. It's okay. It was a post which would necessarily evoke an emotional response.

However, I ask this. Why did so many people have such strong emotions about this case before even seeing the evidence? Was it, dare I say, emotion?
Understanding that zimmerman is a prolific liar is not based on emotion.

It is a FACT that he's a liar.

Once you know someone is lying constantly, how can you believe anything that person says?
IMO, some people are being overly emotional when they deny the existence of zimmerman's lies.
They just don't want to see them or put them into context regarding his trial.

zimmerman's veracity is really on trial. It is his word, and his word ONLY that the jury will be debating.

As you, yourself, say, what other evidence is there?

Old 07-03-2013, 05:26 AM

Quote:

Once you know someone is lying constantly, how can you believe anything that person says?
IMO, some people are being overly emotional when they deny the existence of zimmerman's lies.

zimmerman's veracity is really on trial. It is his word, and his word ONLY that the jury will be debating.

John Good - he is the only one who actually laid eyes upon the pair and could identify one or the other. In addition, the pictures taken of Zimmerman right after the shooting. It was clear he was hit. How much? Who knows but it was clear he was hit. Is there some litmus test of when there's 'enough' damage to claim self-defense?

All of that being said, I am saying there's not enough for murder 2, even if you count Zimmerman's obvious exaggerations (something I might add did not seem to bother experienced police investigators). The state overreached on the charges. That will end up costing them this case.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:27 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:

I thought the state should just offer gz's statements, the minor injury photos, the Hannity interview, Rachel, and Sybrina for emotional effect, point out gz's inconsistencies and lies, and rest its case.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I thought the state should just offer gz's statements, the minor injury photos, the Hannity interview, Rachel, and Sybrina for emotional effect, point out gz's inconsistencies and lies, and rest its case.
Would have been a stronger case because the additional witnesses have only seemed to help Zimmerman's case.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:30 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
Quote:

The state's witness yesterday, the lead detective Serino, admitted under oath that there weren't any major inconsistencies in GZ's statements!!

HUGE

Old 07-03-2013, 05:32 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
John Good - he is the only one who actually laid eyes upon the pair and could identify one or the other. In addition, the pictures taken of Zimmerman right after the shooting. It was clear he was hit. How much? Who knows but it was clear he was hit. Is there some litmus test of when there's 'enough' damage to claim self-defense?

All of that being said, I am saying there's not enough for murder 2, even if you count Zimmerman's obvious exaggerations (something I might add did not seem to bother experienced police investigators). The state overreached on the charges. That will end up costing them this case.
If the jury rejects the self defense defense, I'm assuming manslaughter will be a lesser included option to murder 2.

imo. the state has offered solid enough evidence in the dispatch call for a juror to believe gz had ill-will toward whoever it was he saw that night. The other 2 elements of murder 2, no.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:40 AM

Quote:
If the jury rejects the self defense defense, I'm assuming manslaughter will be a lesser included option to murder 2.

imo. the state has offered solid enough evidence in the dispatch call for a juror to believe gz had ill-will toward whoever it was he saw that night. The other 2 elements of murder 2, no.
I concur but the biggest hurdle for the prosecution is proving the shooting was not self-defense. With the corroborating witness statement from John Good and Zimmerman's bloody face photos (even if ultimately proved to be minor injuries), it's very much an uphill battle for the prosecution. Honestly, if that neighbor didn't take those immediate pictures and they only had the ones from the police station, the state's contention of the injuries being minor would have more impact. Visuals like that just have a huge impact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies