Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 05:42 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,486,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
The state's witness yesterday, the lead detective Serino, admitted under oath that there weren't any major inconsistencies in GZ's statements!!

HUGE

I was joking.

Serino and Singleton both acknowledged that they'd have been More suspicious if gz had told the exact same story every time. The retelling of events usually does change somewhat, especially in sudden, traumatic events. The Same retelling can indicate a memorized, preplanned story.

I'm sure that if gz told his story the same way every time, the IAmTrayvons would find that to be evidence of guilt.

If you don't believe Serino and Singleton, take Rachel's advice and watch The First 48.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:05 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,023,757 times
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/03/us...Y&ei=5065&_r=0

Even the NYT's has seen how the prosecution has done more to bolster the Defense. Now they are left with inconsistencies in GZ's statements and claiming his injuries werent severe enough to defend with a gun, neither of which prove their case

Old 07-03-2013, 06:10 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,640,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
How come you didn't say that when O'Mara was doing the same thing with the PA?
You don't need to parrot questions already asked by someone else. I've answered:

George's PA examined George. In person. In her clinic. Hands on. Actually touched him. She didn't make herself look totally stupid by doing an examination via cell phone pictures taken by a bystander.

Good God! It's ludicrous beyond belief that a professional examiner of bodies would allow herself to be used in this way. Quincy is turning over in his grave, lol.

Just in case you still don't understand:

1. Valerie did an examine via photos.
2. Lindzee examined him in person and actually touched his wounds.

See the difference? No? OK, then.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:12 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,291,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I was joking.

Serino and Singleton both acknowledged that they'd have been More suspicious if gz had told the exact same story every time. The retelling of events usually does change somewhat, especially in sudden, traumatic events. The Same retelling can indicate a memorized, preplanned story.

I'm sure that if gz told his story the same way every time, the IAmTrayvons would find that to be evidence of guilt.

If you don't believe Serino and Singleton, take Rachel's advice and watch The First 48.
If you are going to accept the theory that it's normal to retell an event differently with each telling---and I'm inclined to believe that, we're humans not robots---THEN you have to accept that theory should apply to everyone, not just Zimmerman. Rachel for example who so many of George's fans totally dismiss.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:14 AM

11,011 posts, read 10,994,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If you are going to accept the theory that it's normal to retell an event differently with each telling---and I'm inclined to believe that, we're humans not robots---THEN you have to accept that theory should apply to everyone, not just Zimmerman. Rachel for example who so many of George's fans totally dismiss.
That's actually a valid point and one I'll have to give some thoughts. I think her hostility makes me inclined to find her not credible. Is that right of me? Likely not. However, I am human, after all.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:22 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,640,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Would have been a stronger case because the additional witnesses have only seemed to help Zimmerman's case.
What! And blow their 15 minutes? Have you ever seen an attorney do that?

Old 07-03-2013, 06:36 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,622,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

The retelling of events usually does change somewhat, especially in sudden, traumatic events. The Same retelling can indicate a memorized, preplanned story.
It's too bad that the IamZimmermans refuse to show the same courtesy to Rachel, jumping on every minute 'inconsistency' in her testimony.

In other words, it's OK for george to change his story.

It's not OK for Rachel to change her story.

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-03-2013 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: discuss topic not other posters

Old 07-03-2013, 06:38 AM

11,011 posts, read 10,994,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
It's too bad that the IamZimmermans refuse to show the same courtesy to Rachel, jumping on every minute 'inconsistency' in her testimony.

In other words, it's OK for george to change his story.

It's not OK for Rachel to change her story.

I wonder how Southbel would explain that logically?
You didn't read my comment on the exact same question? I said it was a good point and one which I would have to give some thought. I admitted that her overt hostility had an impact for me on her credibility. After that, I admitted it was not likely a good thing for me to do. Logical enough for you?

Old 07-03-2013, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
The experience you cited not only has nothing even remotely to do with this case, but is a completely, 100% different scenario. Totally. Not sure why you've mentioned it. Oranges taste different than apples. It doesn't matter if they come from a box of mixed fruit or separate boxes for each.
You obviously did not read the post to which I was responding.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You didn't read my comment on the exact same question? I said it was a good point and one which I would have to give some thought. I admitted that her overt hostility had an impact for me on her credibility. After that, I admitted it was not likely a good thing for me to do. Logical enough for you?
No, I didn't. I posted before reading the rest of the posts.
Glad others pointed this out, also.

No, not logical. Taking into consideration Rachel's 'hostility' is not logical. But you did it anyway. Must be a liberal in conservative clothing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.