Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 11:05 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,239,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
You first said that GZ cant start a fight and then just because he is losing claim justifiable self defense.
I agree. However.
I simply stated that the state has not put forth evidence that GZ started the physical fight.
Pursuing (Following) to keep an eye on TM until police arrived is not starting a fight.
That isn't completely ture according to the Army witness. You can start a fight, be in the wrong, and still be justified in using lethal force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
But they are not claiming SYG applies, so how does that help the prosecution?
It goes to credibility. GZ told Hannity that he never heard of SYG.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:06 AM

370 posts, read 246,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Not desperate it's true. What I believe is subjective. That's why the word "reasonably" is there. Anyone can claim that they believe they were in danger. They could be a paranoid schizophrenic. It has to be within reason.
ok..if you had a weapon and skittles jumped you and was on top of you bashing your head on concrete and punching you, exactly how long would you wait to defend yourself?

5 punches?..15?...50?

Would you just wait for the police to arrive and save you?..what would you do? since you're a "reasonable" person and all.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:07 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,623,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
No, I'm saying that obviously GZ was standing up and the concrete sidewalk was picked up by TM and slammed against GZ's head. And that's why the blood is the way it is.

Seriously, the picture at the scene looks like it's actively bleeding. Some is flowing towards the nape of his neck and some is flowing forward BECAUSE HIS HEAD IS BENT FORWARD IN THE PHOTO.
I'm starting to wonder if any of these zimmites have even had so much as a paper cut.
The properties of blood and how it presents appears unknown to some.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:07 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,944,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I don't know if you are not watching the trial or if you are blocking out the parts that you don't want to hear. But Serino did testify about the NEN call.
I assume you are equally concerned about Trayvon's language and anger when he called Zimmerman a creepy a** cracker? Right?
Seriously? I did watch it and I'm not sure what term the prosecutor used (malice, anger, ill intent) but Serino said it could be construed as such. As for Trayvon Martin, saying "creepy ass cracker" I'm not sure what that proves to you. Usually when you think someone is creepy, you either have some level of fear and wouldn't want to be alone with them. I would call Zimmerman creepy too if he followed me around. So what is your focus, cracker? You want to make Trayvon out to be a racist? I mean what's your point? I don't care what word came after creepy...Zimmerman had a bad attitude, a loaded gun and followed a teenager who was doing nothing wrong. Whether he is convicted or not, that is not okay.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:08 AM

39,809 posts, read 26,403,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
I was on the phone. Are you sure it was the defense in your statement or the state?
My bad. The prosecution. Good pickup.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:09 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,747,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
That isn't completely ture according to the Army witness. You can start a fight, be in the wrong, and still be justified in using lethal force.

It goes to credibility. GZ told Hannity that he never heard of SYG.
I get that it goes to credibility. Did the guy say that he taught the law but didn't call it stand your ground?

I thought I saw that in his testimony. That poor guy looked confused at times. I didn't blame him.

8,560 posts, read 6,396,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
No she didn't.

I didn't really understand that demonstration she gave. It looked like she was showing what one needed to do to shoot the gun. I thought she said that the gun had to be cocked, and I thought that was what she was doing when she was using both hands. Can you pull that part of the gun back, which she demonstrated, then put the gun in a holster, and later pull the gun and shoot it? How does that work?

3,436 posts, read 2,944,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I'm starting to wonder if any of these zimmites have even had so much as a paper cut.
The properties of blood and how it presents appears unknown to some.
They'd probably shoot the piece of paper that cut them and claim self-defense.

7,783 posts, read 6,063,358 times
The only way SYG can play a role here is if GZ were the one in hiding and came from nowhere to get in TMs face in a threatening manner and TM sucker punched him as a result.

So far the evidence has only shown that GZ lost TM and he then appeared from nowhere moving toward him while asking, What's your problem"... If GZ had pulled his firearm at that point and shot TM, then SYG could be applied in his favor. Neither that nor the first scenario seems to be the case, though.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:10 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,487,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
The State has proven that Zimmerman FIRST pursued Martin.

There will also be a jury instruction given to the jury by the Court that they are to consider the "totality of the evidence".....in other words, not just is it illegal to follow someone, etc., etc.
You want the evidence to prove gz 'pursued' tm. He may have been looking for an address or seeing where tm went. If that means 'pursued' to you, the state didn't have to prove it. GZ said he did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.