Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 11:00 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
If TM had a history of fighting then that should be allowed.
His history is hidden because he was a juvenile. Really, all that's out there is his facebook and tweets kind of stuff.

Plus he's not the one on trial.

I agree with you, though.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:03 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Is that testimony I missed? I had a meeting this afternoon. Did they call the ME that did the autopsy to the stand?
No. But you really do need to view the JAG guy. It's up on YouTube. It's hilarious.

When the defense started questioning him and asked him if he could identify George Zimmerman in the courtroom, he waved at George and said, "How ya doin', George?"

I'll find it.

Here's the short version:

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN TRIAL WITNESS ALEXIS CARTER 7.3.13 PT.5 - YouTube

Old 07-03-2013, 11:06 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
No. But you really do need to view the JAG guy. It's up on YouTube. It's hilarious.

When the defense started questioning him and asked him if he could identify George Zimmerman in the courtroom, he waved at George and said, "How ya doin', George?"

I'll find it.

Here's the short version:

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN TRIAL WITNESS ALEXIS CARTER 7.3.13 PT.5 - YouTube
I saw his testimony. Thought it was interesting because it completely was turned around to the defense's benefit. While he was there to testify to SYG, the defense used it as an opportunity to basically give a class to the jurors on self-defense. Plus, his likability will certainly benefit him in the eyes of the jury. Extremely comfortable on the stand (as he should be as a prosecutor).

Old 07-03-2013, 11:07 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I don't have cable TV so I decided to watch TV in the community recreation hall where I live at around 5:30. I watched CNN, MSNBC and, yes, Fox News, for about an hour. The maintenance worker was taking a break and sat down near me. "He wouldn't be on trial if the kid was White," he said. "The kid shouldn't have been there and he got caught. If he wasn't breaking into houses, the NW guy wouldn't have shot him in the first place. I answered, "That's completely false. He was walking home from a convenient store." His response.. "That's what the Blacks want you to think."
A Neighborhood Watch Captain has one hell of a lot more authority than any city police officer, as has been demonstrated so far.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:08 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
His history is hidden because he was a juvenile. Really, all that's out there is his facebook and tweets kind of stuff.

Plus he's not the one on trial.

I agree with you, though.
I always wonder about that contention. If the defense is claiming self-defense and the prosecution is allowed to bring into question Zimmerman's past actions, then why not the past actions of the person the defense is claiming to have attacked Zimmerman? What I mean is why would one person's behaviors be an indicator of possible motive that night but not the other?

Old 07-03-2013, 11:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Multiple suspensions doesn't look good on a college application. Plus, he can't get student loans with a drug possession. And just because you go to college doesn't mean you give up the kind of lifestyle he was apparently following.
I don't recall my kids being asked about a history of suspensions when they applied to college.Trayvon was not charged with drug posession.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:13 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Do you really think that Trayvon was intending to kill Zimmerman, simply for following him?

Like to fight? Where's the proof of that? Trayvon had absolutely no history of violent crime, or any history of beating people up, or anything like that. He had no school suspensions for fighting. He's was a college-bound student preparing for the SATs and checking out colleges. The view you have of him is Zimmerman's view, not reality.
If we do get into TM's history, it could be proved he could be prone to violence. It certainly doesn't help his image. I hope they get to use it. Only because I am tired of the distorted image of a sweet little boy.

On his Twitter account - "Plzz shoot da "mf dat lied 2 u!"

Second Trayvon Martin Twitter feed identified | The Daily Caller

Old 07-03-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't recall my kids being asked about a history of suspensions when they applied to college.Trayvon was not charged with drug posession.
I recall Senator Rand Paul saying that if the past three presidents had been "caught", their careers would have been over for the rest of their lives. TM just didn't get caught. Unless, that is being covered up as well.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I always wonder about that contention. If the defense is claiming self-defense and the prosecution is allowed to bring into question Zimmerman's past actions, then why not the past actions of the person the defense is claiming to have attacked Zimmerman? What I mean is why would one person's behaviors be an indicator of possible motive that night but not the other?
O'Mara has stated that he has arrows in his quiver that he will use if necessary, but he hopes he doesn't have to. He is only going to go as far as the Prosecution takes it.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:20 PM

17,371 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
O'Mara has stated that he has arrows in his quiver that he will use if necessary, but he hopes he doesn't have to. He is only going to go as far as the Prosecution takes it.
The defense also has texts from TM's phone that speak of his mother kicking him out of the house, the police catching him skipping school, drug use, purchasing a gun, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies