Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 11:22 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The defense also has texts from TM's phone that speak of his mother kicking him out of the house, the police catching him skipping school, drug use, purchasing a gun, etc.
I hope they use it.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:31 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The defense also has texts from TM's phone that speak of his mother kicking him out of the house, the police catching him skipping school, drug use, purchasing a gun, etc.
Oh my...a text about purchasing a gun. Do you think the text can be used as a lethal weapon? How many rounds of ammunition can a text hold these days?

Skipping school? Who did he think he was...Huckleberry Finn?

Old 07-03-2013, 11:32 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Why the mad face? Seriously. He was kicked out of school repeatedly for drugs and fighting. He glorified guns and drugs. He was making racist comments with his friend. He was in several fights. It was only a matter of time before he hurt an innocent person.
And George Zimmerman was arrested three times. Twice for domestic violence against his girlfriend and the third for assaulting a police officer.

Zimmerman was a ticking time bomb with an actual violent crimes arrest record.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
In a previous post I called the stuff "so called" music. My point was to demonstrate that teens are prone to rebellion and some more than others. They do not deserve to be shot for it and at 17 you are not who you will be at 27.
I agree to a point. It could be construed as broadbrushing. There are a percentage of teens that are the same or worse at 27. We could begin with the stats at Juvenile and go from there.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:51 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I agree to a point. It could be construed as broadbrushing. There are a percentage of teens that are the same or worse at 27. We could begin with the stats at Juvenile and go from there.
You cannot possibly hold a 17 year old that is likely subjected to peer pressure to act or talk like what is perceived as being "cool" to the same standards that you would an adult. As frustrating and obnoxious as it can be, allowances have to be made for this stage of life when it comes to saying stupid stuff and sometimes acting lik a dolt. I know people that were really wild teens that are now present day sticks in the mud, so to speak. I also realized today that TM was a middle child and there are stats that show that very often that aspect affects behavior. That and divorced parents might have had him rebelliious in an effort to garner attention. I'm speculating of course, but demonizing a 17 year old when no one will ever know the man he might have become is pretty low.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:51 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Most kids today are listening to **** music, glorify stupid celebrities and at 17, their brains are not fully matured. We forigive their sometimes deviant and rebellious behavior. Trayvon Martin was not a murderer or a convicted felon. He was a kid from what appears to be a nice family. I smoked pot at 17 as did most of my fellow high schoolers. The fact that you are that self-righteously judgmental and mean spirited, as some of your other posts prove, I will say what another poster failed to say when they responded to you with a "wow". Only a piece of human excrement would celebrate the death of a teenager when they were not a witness to what happened and are forming opinions based on stereotypes. If the shoe fits....

BTW...Zimmerman has lied his butt off on a number of occasions and only a totally biased nitwit would claim to absolutely believe him.
Good thing I was basing my post on the evidence that came out during this investigation, even though not all of it was admissible. That isn't a stereotype, it's a fact. And I never said I absolutely believed Zimmerman, though I have not seen him lie about anything. The closest he came, that I know of, is when he said he had no money even though he had raised some from his website. But if I had 200K and knew I was going to owe 500K in attorney fees I would consider myself as having no money too.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:01 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
And George Zimmerman was arrested three times. Twice for domestic violence against his girlfriend and the third for assaulting a police officer.

Zimmerman was a ticking time bomb with an actual violent crimes arrest record.
Do you honestly think right-wingers care?

Zimmerman can pass for a full white man, for chrissakes.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:03 AM

Quote:
You cannot possibly hold a 17 year old that is likely subjected to peer pressure to act or talk like what is perceived as being "cool" to the same standards that you would an adult. As frustrating and obnoxious as it can be, allowances have to be made for this stage of life when it comes to saying stupid stuff and sometimes acting lik a dolt. I know people that were really wild teens that are now present day sticks in the mud, so to speak. I also realized today that TM was a middle child and there are stats that show that very often that aspect affects behavior. That and divorced parents might have had him rebelliious in an effort to garner attention. I'm speculating of course, but demonizing a 17 year old when no one will ever know the man he might have become is pretty low.
I believe that if you are old enough to register for combat, i.e., join the US Army, you would no longer be considered a child. IOW, time to man up.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Do you honestly think right-wingers care?

Zimmerman can pass for a full white man, for chrissakes.
GZ's attorney brought out in court that the domestic violence was mutual and the charges were dropped.

The point all along is to not paint TM as a child. It's a lie and a race baiting distortion. Everyone should be holding the media accountable. We should ALL be doing this together.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:06 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
GZ's attorney brought out in court that the domestic violence was mutual and the charges were dropped.
I'm pretty skeptical about any DV claim. Those types have claims have, unfortunately, been used as fabricated fodder in many a divorce battle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies