Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2013, 10:53 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I thought it odd for a non-cop being interviewed to refer the dead guy as 'the suspect.' Sort of an I'm on your side wording. Nothing that affects my opinions, but odd.
GZ doesn't clue in - he is being interviewed and read his Miranda rights because HE is the suspect.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:53 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I thought it odd for a non-cop being interviewed to refer the dead guy as 'the suspect.' Sort of an I'm on your side wording. Nothing that affects my opinions, but odd.
What else could he have called him? To call him a victim would be to admit that he was himself the bad guy. No one is going to do that, whether innocent or not. Just human nature.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:58 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
What else could he have called him? To call him a victim would be to admit that he was himself the bad guy. No one is going to do that, whether innocent or not. Just human nature.
the guy, he, him. Like I said, not a biggie, but i remember being a little surprised when I 1st saw it.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:00 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The bullet pierced Trayvon's lung, and his heart. The heart would stop beating, his lungs would flood with blood and he would basically suffocate on his own blood. Based on what I understand about physiology, death is pretty well instantaneous. You would not be able to speak after this, to my knowledge. At different times he also says Trayvon sat up and said that. You definitely would not be able to sit up after this type of mortal injury. My understanding is you might stay alive for a few seconds, but you would be immobilized and not be able to speak. But I will be interested to hear what the medical examiner says because this is an important point.
Caught a gruesome glimpse of Trayvon's body face up last week on the livestream. His eyes and mouth were still open. Looked to me like his last second was engulfed in a state of terror and shock. I have little doubt that it was his screams that were silenced by that shot.

17,411 posts, read 14,637,091 times
I'm a bit behind - I've taped HLN and am about 20 minutes behind "live" tv - but they cut out the recording testimony of Zimmerman giving his account to the female officer.

He was talking about being in his truck - cut to commercial - and then he's on the grass with Trayvon Martin.

Stupid network.

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times
Zimmie is a verpert.

Verperp, that is!

Old 07-01-2013, 11:01 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Caught a gruesome glimpse of Trayvon's body face up last week on the livestream. His eyes and mouth were still open. Looked to me like his last second was engulfed in a state of terror and shock. I have little doubt that it was his screams that were silenced by that shot.
lol..Because like the movies, you just drop dead that instant and the look on your face is preserved.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:03 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I think, at least what I'm getting a feeling of thus far, is that the prosecution is going to claim Zimmerman was a vigilante. He's trying to highlight vigilant terminology. I didn't buy it though. People try to be 'professional' and use the 'lingo' when faced with things like that. Just like in the doctor's office, people will suddenly start using medical terms they would never use otherwise.
We already know what the Prosecution thinks, they charged him with murder 2. I don't think they are trying to claim anything in this, they are merely going over the suspect's statements in an interview with police. Where they are going with this probably has little to do with buzzwords like Vigilante, and more to do with what the suspect stated, and what the evidence shows.

No question, this will lay the groundwork for what O'Mara recommends to Zimmerman.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:09 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
We already know what the Prosecution thinks, they charged him with murder 2. I don't think they are trying to claim anything in this, they are merely going over the suspect's statements in an interview with police. Where they are going with this probably has little to do with buzzwords like Vigilante, and more to do with what the suspect stated, and what the evidence shows.

No question, this will lay the groundwork for what O'Mara recommends to Zimmerman.
Agree.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:11 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
How about "subject", "guy", "person", etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies