Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 07:41 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,004,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Not trying to blame anything. But you're a female, of course, so you'll assume whatever.
That's the best you got? LOL

Seems to me you blame everything and anything, especially women, for whatever doesn't go your way.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:59 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,682,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Right-wing reactionaries wish for regression, not actual embodiment of religious dogma. They want others to obey their dictates, the result of their own picking and choosing, not necessarily the entirety of what their foundational doctrine actually calls for, since they themselves don't wish to be constrained by precepts other than those they themselves subscribe to - that encroachment is only to be applied to others.
What you see in society these days is improvement? I hardly think whatever turn you on is a conservative idea thing.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:45 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,718,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The christian right, especially the evangelicals have done quite a number to intertwine their agenda into the republican politicians over the years to force their agenda on the masses.

While the christian/evangelical right and their supporters are strongly anti-marriage equality and anti-woman's rights to choose what they can do with their bodies, they are surprisingly silent on other christian values such as premarital sex is evil, contraceptives are strictly forbidden, and divorce is the worst of all.

This seems odd to me that the GOP politicians whom claim to be strong christians, aren't going after making contraceptives illegal, along with premarital sex, not to mention making divorce likely a felony offense, why is this?
Good point. I read recently somewhere that the rate of divorce among evangelicals is higher than the national average.

If I had to guess, I'd say that it's because the right wing religious groups are a bunch of perverts, KNOW they're a bunch of perverts, and are trying desperately to prove otherwise. To this end, they've tried to come up with some issues to make them feel as if they had some sort of morality (which they clearly don't because, as we can see, they scapegoat to do this, and that's one sick-ass way of show morality).

Old 07-01-2013, 09:04 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,218,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Has is dawned on you, not all Christians are right wingers not all right winders are Christians?

Let me add to this, why would you think any Christian would be opposed to birth control, other than the Roman Catholic church? I might add, this can be said about divorce as well. No, many of us do not, personally like divorce, but we know there are times when it is better for everyone. As for pre-marital sex, it seems to me Palin was chastised pretty badly for suggesting pre marital sex should not be practiced?

Now, let me add, not all conservatives regardless of religion are anti gay. Even some are not anti gay marriage. What about the gays that are also Christians or do you think there are none?

The same with abortion. I think most people today, yes, this means Christians as well as people of other faiths or no faith, understand there are times when abortion is the best answer. What they do not believe in and I would hope you feel the same: is abortion being used as a form of birth control or being performed when the baby can survive outside the womb. Let me add, just because someone feels personally something is wrong, does not mean they condemn those who think differently. Only the left seem to feel their way and views are the only right ones.

And yes, there are some evangelicals that are opposed to all abortions and gay marriage, but don't lump us all together. BTW, I belong to a pretty conservation, fundamentalist religion, but that doesn't mean I believe it everything the church teaches. God gave me the ability to think for myself. m ha
Agree with this. You are always great, Nita, to point out that not all conservatives are the bigots they are stereotyped to be on this form and among the younger generation. I would go as far as to say the Republicans that are foaming at the mouth over gay marriage are the minority in the party. That said, they are the most politically active and they vote. If the younger generation wants to see change in the Republican Party, they need to get involved in the primary process.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:52 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,466,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The christian right, especially the evangelicals have done quite a number to intertwine their agenda into the republican politicians over the years to force their agenda on the masses.

While the christian/evangelical right and their supporters are strongly anti-marriage equality and anti-woman's rights to choose what they can do with their bodies, they are surprisingly silent on other christian values such as premarital sex is evil, contraceptives are strictly forbidden, and divorce is the worst of all.

This seems odd to me that the GOP politicians whom claim to be strong christians, aren't going after making contraceptives illegal, along with premarital sex, not to mention making divorce likely a felony offense, why is this?
Because they are busy having premarital sex and divorcing.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:57 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Good point. I read recently somewhere that the rate of divorce among evangelicals is higher than the national average.

If I had to guess, I'd say that it's because the right wing religious groups are a bunch of perverts, KNOW they're a bunch of perverts, and are trying desperately to prove otherwise. To this end, they've tried to come up with some issues to make them feel as if they had some sort of morality (which they clearly don't because, as we can see, they scapegoat to do this, and that's one sick-ass way of show morality).
It may also be that most adults believe one can live a fufilled life without haveing to be married and pumping out babies.

It should be the next civil right... the right for those that love god not having to have children...or even be married.

There are so many adults that have the pressue from others...when you gonna marry...when you gonna have kids???

Old 07-02-2013, 07:30 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,718,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
It may also be that most adults believe one can live a fufilled life without haveing to be married and pumping out babies.

It should be the next civil right... the right for those that love god not having to have children...or even be married.

There are so many adults that have the pressue from others...when you gonna marry...when you gonna have kids???
Yes! As someone who has ZERO desire for kids (I view kids like the plague), I get so sick of people asking when I'm going to have kids! In fact, one reason I like my bf is that he doesn't seem to want kids either.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:45 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,688,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Because they are busy having premarital sex and divorcing.
bingo!

Old 07-02-2013, 10:58 AM

38,625 posts, read 26,311,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Right-wing reactionaries wish for regression, not actual embodiment of religious dogma. They want others to obey their dictates, the result of their own picking and choosing, not necessarily the entirety of what their foundational doctrine actually calls for, since they themselves don't wish to be constrained by precepts other than those they themselves subscribe to - that encroachment is only to be applied to others.

Don't be afraid.

It won't hurt you.

It's just common sense.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:00 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,819,645 times
Because the religious right has the highest divorce rate and a substiantially above average premarital birth rate.

Casting the first stone and all that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.