Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 04:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
Easy. start with the youth and put classes in schools again about sex educatoin and abstinece. then promote it further by keeping parents on the hook for basic understanding of the issue to reinforce self-worth and not whorish ways. Parents are key in this. but the application of programs in schools, librarires, PSA's on TV push it further...Even Make Michelle Obama the spokeswoman for it since she has 2 girls and obviously didn't abort them. Even ask Oprah to get on board and promote it further.

See, people respect those that respect the process. When women see that their Icons are on board, they won't wanna be considered in "that crowd" of loose reckless females that wanna lay down with no accountability. it will build PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY traits that they will cherish.

in a nutshell. hope that helps.
Well, that should do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 06:13 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
If you make it 20 weeks across the board (with exceptions) and everyone will shut the hell up about it and keep their noses out of the "exceptions" I might be swayed. But tell me...would that happen? Not likely.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:40 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You neglected to mention Canada. No rules. None. No regulations. none.
And yet, our abortion rates are relatively low. Our late term abortions are virtually nonexistent, except for major, major defects, like anencephaly.
You forgot that Canada is not in Europe.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:47 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
If we're supposed to learn from the European nations when it comes to healthcare etc., of the countries in the EU, the limits break down this way:
Never - 1 country
if woman's life is at risk - 1 country
10 weeks - 1 country
12 weeks - 16 countries
13 weeks - 1 country
14 weeks - 1 country
16 weeks - 2 countries
18 weeks - 1 country
22 weeks - 1 country
24 weeks - 2 countries
28 weeks - 1 country

All of the countries have conditions that need to met first such as medical needs, consent, counseling etc. that are more strict than what's in the Texas bill.

BBC News - Europe's abortion rules
This is what you said. Why are supposed to take your cue from the European nations? How about Ireland, where they would rather let a woman die than perform an abortion?

Old 07-12-2013, 06:09 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
pknopp It's already a lucrative business and doctors don't use coat hangers.
I know that, however, if you make it illegal, you give criminals the change to really make it a lucrative business...don't you know anything about prohibition? It made people filthy rich, and then, they would use coat hangers....and all kinds of dirty filthy conditions to achive the inevidable, there are always going to be women who seek out abortions...no matter how you hate it, or what you do...because they are to stupid or lazy to use protection...so, regardless of how you or I feel about this, there will always be people around you can go to to get abortions. You probably don't remember this, but way back when abortions were illegal, women were so desperate to get rid of they're babies, many of them died on the tables while getting abortions, they bled to death....and that is why legalizing abortions came about....

This is a very heated subject, and I do know how both sides feel about this, however, regardless of your feelings and opinions on this subject, you cannot force your moral values on another person...what they do with their lives, etc, is between them and they're God....and none of our business...when you interfer, a lot of times the outcome can be even worse.

I don't approve of abortion, in the least, but I also don't approve of others telling human beings how to live, and force their moral ethics on anyone...it is all about personal responsibility...

Old 07-12-2013, 06:16 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
This is what you said. Why are supposed to take your cue from the European nations? How about Ireland, where they would rather let a woman die than perform an abortion?
This is what I said "If we're supposed to learn from the European nations when it comes to healthcare etc.," and that stems from the continuous calls for a healthcare system like theirs.

Ireland is included in the information I posted, and you're wrong; safety of the mother is the condition under which they allow abortions.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:21 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
This is what I said "If we're supposed to learn from the European nations when it comes to healthcare etc.," and that stems from the continuous calls for a healthcare system like theirs.

Ireland is included in the information I posted, and you're wrong; safety of the mother is the condition under which they allow abortions.
Yanno, people make this plea, however, how many women (actual percentage) of women who have a legitimate health reason to get an abortion, compared to women, who were just to lazy to use protection or take the morning after pill...

Like I said, there are two sides to every story/issue....however, the percentage of this, and women raped, compared to the percentage of women who are to darn lazy to wear protection, including teens...is a moot point.
Or am I wrong?

Old 07-12-2013, 06:53 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
I shouldn't have to..I kinda thought a woman would come up with this easy ass answer but I digress....
The day after the last clinic closes. I'd say you have about a month.

Go.

And by the way, your method must be 100% foolproof. No backsliders. No human error. No hormones kicking in.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:06 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
if I would agree with you, then my point wouldn't be moot.....

Your point isn't moot, it is however, what you believe in, doesn't make you right and me wrong or visa versa....it is simply your belief system/opinion
We both agreed I was correct.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:09 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Gibson LP View Post
Look for legislation in the next session to pare it down to 16 weeks. Then 12 weeks the session after that. And then, well, you see the pattern.
The Supreme Court will never allow those restrictions to stand. They have backed RvW over and over. Precedent like this holds great sway with the court. The courts are not going to overturn RvW.

As I noted early on RvW allows for a 20 week restriction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies