Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 08:08 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Here's hoping she can fillibuster the hell out of the bill. I am sure there is more media attention this time round and the good guvna has both his boots and spurs firmly entrenched in his mouf.
There's also more readiness on the part of law enforcement. It's against the law to disrupt the legislative process. I'm thinking Texas will be hauling a few folks off to jail. And rightly so. I put representatives in place to vote for my interests. To have one side cause a disturbance, in effect denies me the right to have MY vote heard. The filibuster is fine - that's all part of it too. But having an unruly mob shut down the process is not fine.

I've also heard that they'll be hauling off the media for inciting a riot.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:09 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,210,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catscradle View Post
If the Republicans are honest about this bill ONLY preventing late-term abortions, they would re-write the bill to remove the conditions for clinics performing abortions.

-snip-

The funniest thing about this whole episode was seeing how Perry and Cruz just couldn't STAND a little woman getting more attention than they do. Their misogyny is flagrant and any Texas woman who supports them has to be so self-loathing, she needs to see a shrink..
Agreed. The other thing is that baffles me is that is aimed at poorer folk and we are constantly reminded that the "brown" folk vote democrat. Sometime I wonder if these idiots think these things through. It really is not in their best interests as was seen in the last election.

Mind you, when Obama threw out the SSM evolved bone via a Biden gaff, the republicans all went nuts on wedge issues like SSM and abortion. They then proceded to shoot themselves in the foot. Imagine if they actually ran on the economy? Perhaps this is the bone you all have to chew as it looks like neither party has the ability to change anything. I think those days are long gone as it is in my country.

I suppose with the voting rights stuff, they think they will be able to make it as difficult as possible for future "brown" voters. I think history clearly shows us, this is not the direction the US is moving. It must take a complete tard to think regression is the "right" thing to do.

Roe vs Wade, five of the seven Majority Justices were appointed by Republican presidents.

Perhaps everyone is attending the party of clowns?

Abortion and SSM should not even be on the political radar. Maybe Perry's legacy will be that of the Christmas tree guvner?

Old 07-02-2013, 08:09 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
It's going on now!

I just heard on the radio that Wendy Daivs is gonna try to do another marathon fillibuster to thwart the passing of the Abortion Bill.

Frankly, I hope it passes. I shudder to think of people promoting abortion as the new contraception. Might as well do away with the BC Pill, Day After Pill and Rubbers then.

what say you?
I read Davis, the abortionist, is going to run for the TX Governors office.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:11 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catscradle View Post
Well if the moderator is allowing this topic to appear in this forum...

There were approx. 5000 supporters of Wendy Davis vs. 100 anti-abortion protestors. I know. I was there.

I wore orange.
I think Wendy will wear red, signifying the blood of the innocent.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:12 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I read Davis, the abortionist, is going to run for the TX Governors office.
I dont think ms. Davis has actually performed an abortion...But I guess actual distinctions have little bearing in your world.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:15 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
No. but it will put the brakes on raging Baby Killers range and time clock.
No it won't. It will force women to go out of state, or have illegal abortions in unsafe conditions.
Not to mention there is a tiny percentage of abortions that happen after 20 weeks anyways, and most of those are for medical reasons.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:16 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,619,891 times
Quote:
And why is this?

Birth Control Pills, BC arm strips, Insertables caginal contraceptions, the Day after Pill, Rubbers, Common Sense and Personal Responsibility are still readily available though. What on earth else do you need??... the legal right to murder a fully formed baby...is that it?
It's horribly sad to see so many people cheering for the right to kill their developing children. The vast majority of pregnancies are preventable through responsible measures -- the combination of various BC methods can be nearly 100% effective. Rape/incest account for just 1% of pregnancies -- the rest are largely preventable if the couple involved were more careful, but we all know how much some of us revile personal responsibility.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:19 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,248,892 times
Yet you want to stay in the 1960s. We have progressed since then and realize that with modern technology looking at utlra-sounds that that "clump of tissue" has a beating heart and is a baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Your not preventing abortion, just making it more difficult by trying to move the clock back to the 1960s. We have the highest teen pregnancy rate of any civilized country, these politicians should be curing the disease rather than the symptom.

So pro-life wins by doing away with contraception, birth control and abortion, what have you accomplished other than increasing the teen pregnancy rate.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:19 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
the bill won't close them. they'll collapse under the pressure of not being able to seek 24hour Baby Killer status. bottomlines will suffer.no cha-ching $$$... it's a good thing. cheer up.

the kids are our future. what ever will we do if you people are allowed to kill them all??

Facts on Induced Abortion in the United States

Losing 1.5% of their business will collapse a business?

Old 07-02-2013, 08:20 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,758,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Agreed. The other thing is that baffles me is that is aimed at poorer folk and we are constantly reminded that the "brown" folk vote democrat. Sometime I wonder if these idiots think these things through. It really is not in their best interests as was seen in the last election.

Mind you, when Obama threw out the SSM evolved bone via a Biden gaff, the republicans all went nuts on wedge issues like SSM and abortion. They then proceded to shoot themselves in the foot. Imagine if they actually ran on the economy? Perhaps this is the bone you all have to chew as it looks like neither party has the ability to change anything. I think those days are long gone as it is in my country.

I suppose with the voting rights stuff, they think they will be able to make it as difficult as possible for future "brown" voters. I think history clearly shows us, this is not the direction the US is moving. It must take a complete tard to think regression is the "right" thing to do.

Roe vs Wade, five of the seven Majority Justices were appointed by Republican presidents.

Perhaps everyone is attending the party of clowns?

Abortion and SSM should not even be on the political radar. Maybe Perry's legacy will be that of the Christmas tree guvner?
I agree that these social issues should absolutely not be on the national political radar.

The last election should have been about the economy. Period.

These social issues need to be left up to the states. Texas is trying to push a little too hard on the abortion issue. I agree there should be abortion limits and such but to put everything else they have in these bills is just stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.