Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 12:58 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,390,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombocom View Post
Eh, pit bull - I don't blame the cops. Although, should have kept firing until it was dead, no need to drag it out.
It was a rottie, not a pit. Sheesh, no wonder this country is in trouble.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:39 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,720,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa
I have never met a cop who is also a decent human being.
I agree...... MOST ARE CORRUPT LOSERS!!!

Old 07-02-2013, 01:40 AM

252 posts, read 263,038 times
Hmmm, I would have blasted the dog. I have killed a dog before(having a heat stroke in iraq) and I felt pretty dirty after that, but the truth is... I am not losing any fingers because I wanted to be nice. Of course, I would not have been in the situation because I would have left the innocent citizen alone....and I would also not be a filthy entitled power hungry pig.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:51 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,773,809 times
I did not need to see that...it was a disgrace.. The OWNER of the dog is a total idiot...The way he struts around irritating the cops- He provoked the whole incident. The guy was not very bright and the poor dog paid the price for his masters stupidity. I can tell by the way this dog moved it was good natured - I did not see the cops in any danger...this was not an attack dog..just a concerned animal...and for it to die so slowly - to watch it struggle in panic was deeply disturbing...Remember human beings when shot go through the same actions also. The frinking cops shoot animals for sport...and people sometimes.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:29 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,616,601 times
Hideous owner of a "bully" breed. I feel so horribly and intensely sorry for the dog. I wish it had been mine. I would never have subjected it to such danger. Proof that a dog will do anything for its owner. It deserved a better owner.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:51 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,913,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post

[if the dog was coming towards me I would have shot it, too]
then you would fit nicely with the others...

the police didnt give him the opportuninty to kennel his dog. what law did he break that they needed to place him in cuffs right off the bat. they had not even asked him to explain himself.

typical...shoot first, then use reasoning later.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:54 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,913,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Hideous owner of a "bully" breed. I feel so horribly and intensely sorry for the dog. I wish it had been mine. I would never have subjected it to such danger. Proof that a dog will do anything for its owner. It deserved a better owner.
any breed would have reacted the same. well, one would have to first have had a dog that loved them to uderstand devoted pet...

Old 07-02-2013, 06:02 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,575,874 times
The last time I was what seemed (he was running at me growling with teeth bared) like being attacked by a Rotweiler I stood my ground and yelled STOP like I really meant it. The dog stopped like he hit a wall and sat down. The owner came out of his yard and leashed the dog and then properly introduced us. After that the dog greeted us during our daily walks past his yard.

The only hero in the affair described by the OP was the dog. The owner and the cop went way overboard.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:18 AM

24,358 posts, read 22,922,895 times
It's California, so expect to find more morons and head cases than any place else. What a bunch of dinguses. The dog owner is a total idiot. First, you could tell he's got no life or common sense standing like a goon out there taping something that was none of his concern. He didn't have the brains to properly secure his dog, either. He also walked like a duck.
BUT... those cops were complete unprofessional a holes and shooting that dog was not justified. Why did they arrest the guy in the first place? Being an idiot isn't a crime, you yell at the dumb SOB and make sure he knows he has to move along NOW. If he's too dumb to get that( and many people are nowadays), then you lean on him hard. After that if she still refuses to leave( and doesn't just mouth off) then arrest him.
The dog was not being aggressive and it was just an excuse to use his gun and kill something. Well, you pinheads want a police state and the government running your lives so expect more and more of this. I hope that cop gets creamed writing a ticket to a motorist, I hope a car hits him and he's put in a body cast for six months. I hope that duck walking owner gets beaten up in lock up.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:19 AM

68,282 posts, read 54,070,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I have never met a cop who is also a decent human being.
Maybe it's just the kind of people you attract.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies