Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 10:21 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
I agree and having worked with animals and dogs, the dog was hesitant and he did retreat. If someone
was there who knew more about dogs all they had to do was try to call the dog over, talk calmly, let him
sniff your hand and gently grab the leash & lead them away from the police. If anyone has seen a dog in an attack mode, this one was not.
Police departments even use Rottweilers for subduing. They are also used as service and therapy dogs
due to their intelligence.
Agreed. I have seen LOTS of very very aggresive dogs. Stone killers. The city dicks think our remote, rural location is prime dumping ground for unwanted cats and dogs. It disgusts me no end, especially when I have to kill the ones that go wild. Which they do, all to frequently. A truly vicious dog attack is not something anyine wants to see, and if this dog were TRULY getting busy, he would have done serious damage, right away, with no hesitation. He/she was NOT in that mode.

I have seen horrible things done by vicious, feral dogs. One particularly large and aggresive one I had to shoot to keep it from attacking my son. We were out fixing fence, on a friends ranch. The dog was just, suddenly, there. Came up out of a ditch, where he was denning up in a culvert, near as I could tell. Quite spooky, and this Rott didn't even come close to that.

Some poor critter is always having to pay the price for the "owners" special kind of stupid. A lot of the dumped animals out here also end up wandering in, begging for human contact. Its heartbreaking!! I am an animal lover. I take NO pleasure in killing the bad ones, and having to deal with the lost, forlorn ones tbat wander in is worse.

So, gotta say, I cant support maiming and finally killing this dog. These guys don't have a clue what danger is.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:35 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Badged thugs. No better than the non-badged thugs they hunt down.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:41 PM

233 posts, read 238,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Agreed. Lots of ate up with the stupids. I still hold, regardless of the dog owners law suit and attitude, they should have let it go. Cops need to be better than that. These are the guys that many would have us relying on as our sole means of defense. They carry lethal weapons as standard equipment, and their judgement is all that stands between that weapon and the citizenry.

This incident does little to affirm my faith in LE to react properly when it's really on the line. If anything, the background you gave me on the dogs owner, makes me doubly disgusted that these cops would give in to a playground mentallity of one upsmanship. If I were their CO,all of them would be cleaning toilets and doing crossing guard duty at the elementary school. MINUS their weapons. They would also go through several rigorous weeks of situational training, where having to deal with irate, loud, annoying and procacative people, and remaining COOL is the focus. That is, providing, I didn't just reccomend their immediate discharge. They gave the guy precisely what he wanted, accoding to the information in your post. Horribly bad judgement, hardly befitting the station of a Police Officer. To top it off, the cop who fired, merely, painfully, maimed the dog. It looked VERY cruel and unthinking. Especially since the dog was not being nearely aggresive enough to justify use of his sidearm. Locale doesn't matter. If this had been Anywhere USA, I would feel the same.
With all due respect, your outlook is why we have the issues in the nation we have. First let me say I am not saying we do not need police. I do however, have a gun, live in a carry state and will not wait for the police to defend me. I don't need or want the government to hold my hand.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropes1981 View Post
With all due respect, your outlook is why we have the issues in the nation we have. First let me say I am not saying we do not need police. I do however, have a gun, live in a carry state and will not wait for the police to defend me. I don't need or want the government to hold my hand.
I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage. What is it, about my outlook, you find disaproval for? I was hardly praising the notion that LE and government should "hold my hand". I carry a weapon almost daily. A 357 K frame, bare minimum, and when in remoter areas of the ranches and around the herds, a 243.

We CAN'T rely on LE to protect us here. Response time on a slow nite is still 30-45 min out. So, if you wouldn't mind, could you tell me where it is I touted a nanny state solution? I think you misread my post.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:32 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage. What is it, about my outlook, you find disaproval for? I was hardly praising the notion that LE and government should "hold my hand". I carry a weapon almost daily. A 357 K frame, bare minimum, and when in remoter areas of the ranches and around the herds, a 243.

We CAN'T rely on LE to protect us here. Response time on a slow nite is still 30-45 min out. So, if you wouldn't mind, could you tell me where it is I touted a nanny state solution? I think you misread my post.
Yep he must have misread your post. If your out in the "sticks" so to say you are on a fend for yourself basis many times. The "call 9-11" crew will never understand that though.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yep he must have misread your post. If your out in the "sticks" so to say you are on a fend for yourself basis many times. The "call 9-11" crew will never understand that though.
Thats a fact. They just, flat, don't get it. If we have something going down, someone MAY call 911, during whatever is happening, but mostly, afterwards. Either way, it's long over by the time the deputies get here.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:40 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
OP either cannot read, or cannot comprehend.

Man wasn't arrested for filming, he was arrested for interfering, he had his music in the car blaring EVEN WHILE NOT IN THE DAMNED CAR.

He was asked several times to turn the volume down, so the cops could pay attention to the problem at hand instead of not being able to hear what was going on because some luzertard couldn't be bothered to turn down the volume in a car he wasn't sitting in, because he wanted to "record the cops to make sure they were not violating someone's civil rights.

And while I LOVE all animals, this poor dog died because his owner was an idiot. The owner put himself in a situation that interfered with the police, he INTENTIONALLY interfered by leaving the music so loud they couldn't hear what was going on, and left the windows on the vehicle WIDE open, which let an 80 pound dog get out of the vehicle and go after the police who if you look at the video they tried to get the leash and tried to avoid the dog, who eventually went after one of the police. While I love all animals, if I had a dog turn violent and lunge at me, I would defend myself in any way I could.

The article reads, in big black print, "Hawthorne CA Police Arrest Man for Filming Raid, Shoot His Dog in Front of Him". What part did I not comprehend ? Look, I didn't write the article. If its incorrect please feel free to take it up with the writer/publication. Geezus. Do I have to do everything.

If you don't like what I post or you have a problem with me, that's great, fantastic, I could care less. But facts are facts. Don't try to use whiny baby, convoluted explanations, to justify horrific acts of police brutality. You need to go watch the video until you see that the dog was no threat.

The police had time to ask him, more than once, to turn down the music, yet they couldn't figure out, between all of them standing around, how to secure the dog ? Doesn't make sense. Seems to me, they were intent on executing the dog from the get-go. Why ? Because they are a bunch of ******* !

Last edited by tkdmom; 07-03-2013 at 12:52 AM..

Old 07-03-2013, 01:33 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
These sleeze ball cops, they sure don't like it when someone is filming what they are doing do they? I don't know how many incidents like this that I've seen on the news and on the net. They just can't stand it when they get filmed. That is likely due to the fact that most cops have a "God" complex and really think they're special. They were probably teased and bulled in High School for being the little retards they probably were. Now they have something to prove, they want to exert their authority over society to make them feel big and powerful, so they can "show everyone"

Just one more out of a LOOOOOng list of reasons for me to DESPISE ALL cops

That being said, this officer was more than likely justified in shooting the dog, it DID lunge up at him as if it were going to bite him. What I want to know is, why exactly was this man being arrested? What was he doing wrong? NOTHING!!!! If I was this guy I'dsue the S!#T out of these cops for arresting him to begin with

Old 07-03-2013, 01:36 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I bet he'll roll up the windows on his car next time he chooses to mouth off to police officers.

As if cops are anybody? Most of them are pure sleeze from what I can tell. Nobodies. Nobodies with a gun, badge, and a superiority complex

{ who get very jittery when someone starts recording what they are doing. hmmmm }

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombocom View Post
Eh, pit bull - I don't blame the cops. Although, should have kept firing until it was dead, no need to drag it out.
You are obviously pretty ignorant. Looks like a rot, nothing like a pit, and Have you never watched anything die? That dog was in the throws of death. It would have continued to kick no matter how many times the sleeze ball cop shot it. It's the bodies last efforts to fight for life. You shoot a ferrel cat and it will scramble all around the ground for a few second then flop up about ten feet in the air five or six times before it dies.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:52 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Irrelevant. The dog was shot because the officer was being attacked by the dog.

[the owner could have been a little old lady and it would have made no difference]

A little old lady wouldn't have put handcuffs on the owner making it impossible for him to control his dog.

As for the cops, I didn't see this man do anything illegal, so why did they go after him?

Anyone who wants to be a cop has mental issues and should never be trusted with a firearm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies