Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 01:53 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times

Advertisements

It cracks me up when people talk AS IF the only time they would need a police officer is when a GUN is needed.

Police Haters are also funny, they are a mix of scary, stupid and immature. There are bad cops, because there are bad people...including Police Haters. Anyone who hates a profession with the passion displayed here (and other threads) is an idiot. I mean YOU.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:59 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
No, the cops aren't trigger happy. It's that so many members of the black race are pro-crime. They can't stand to see cops do their job. Promoting peace and harmony in a neighborhood is so against their culture. I'm glad it pi$$es you off.

Lots of that crime in their neighborhoods is committed by the police.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:04 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I'd like to know who they represent, it sure isn't us. For that matter, what's the difference between them and the military?

Members of the military take an oath to support and defend the Constitution.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:09 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
A little old lady wouldn't have put handcuffs on the
owner making it impossible for him to control his dog.
As for the cops, I didn't see this man do anything illegal, so why did they
go after him?
Anyone who wants to be a cop has mental issues and should never be
trusted with a firearm.
I agree wholeheartedly. I'm not saying that there aren't some good cops, but I would wager most of'em are just little pi$$-on's when you take their badge and their gun away, that's why they want to be cops anyway, so that they can get the respect they so crave but can't get without the gun at their hip.

Who needs cops anyway? I say we get rid of the profession all together. I have the gun, don't need the badge, and I can take care of myself or die trying. The idiot cops sure as hell don't improve my odds either way.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:21 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It cracks me up when people talk AS IF the only time they would need a police officer is when a GUN is needed.

Police Haters are also funny, they are a mix of scary, stupid and immature. There are bad cops, because there are bad people...including Police Haters. Anyone who hates a profession with the passion displayed here (and other threads) is an idiot. I mean YOU.

Cops usually live up to their stereotype of being worthless pigs

{ who don't ever want to be recorded }

Old 07-03-2013, 05:17 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Some cops don't like being filmed because some cops know that at any moment THEY might break the law or behave badly. A cop who is professional - has self control (which is their job) AND a good disposition as far as -personality and character - Does not mind if you record his every move...After all whey you simply look at someone you are recording them in your mind and can witness later.

The quality of cop has declined in the last few decades. Affirmative action hiring for instance generates smaller - more simple minded cops...who because of these weaknesses tend to go for deadly force.

The cop who shot the dog probably is so underdeveloped socially - mentally and spiritually that they do not see much difference between a dog and a person. The only way you can keep these types under control - is much like you keep a dog under control...You pet them...sooth them...be sweet to them.

My mother who was very good with people said this of savages and barbarians..."You don't stick your hand in a barking dogs mouth...you stroke the animal"

The mistake that the dog owner made was displaying a challenging attitude towards police...it was utter foolishness. You have to fake it till you make it. Society is a long way from reforming law enforcement and bringing it back into the mode of civility..In the mean time you must realize that some of them are mad dogs with issues.

You have to read people...I can look into a cops face quickly and tell if he is a lunatic...if he is criminally minded...I avoid any eye contact with these types if possible. The dog owner like a nit wit walks right into the lions den without even considering that they were lions and some lions are on the hunt.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:45 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Okay, I've watched the video twice, once with and once without the sound.

It's impossible to tell why the man is being arrested. It may have been because of the recording, it may have been for some other reason. Still, he seems to recognize that the only proper course of action is not to resist the arrest but to comply and hold whatever challenge may be available to him for another day.

Regardless of the reason, and I can understand the dog's reaction, the dog was aggressively approaching the police. They don't have the obligation to go back to their car and get a catch pole and they don't have to put themselves at further risk, they are entitled to defend themselves. Nobody, not the police or anyone else, is required to weigh the life of a dog equally to the life or safety of a human.

It's easy to feel sympathy for the dog's suffering, but in this circumstance the action of the police in shooting the dog appears to have been justified.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:51 AM

Cops have to think and focus - I understand that the dog owner had music blasting from the car...That can be disruptive and cause confusion on the scene- What the hell was this guy thinking? It appears he did not have respect for anyone...in turn he was disrespected. We have discussed the positive and negative aspects of this incident. The police do not need some clown on the scene who clearly does not get it. The cops are not perfect....from their perspective you have this large guy prancing about...filming...has a large dog that appears to be a weapon of sorts - and he has his boom box auto blaring beats all over the hood....I would not have looked at him with favor either...In effect this idiot killed his own dog.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:58 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I agree wholeheartedly. I'm not saying that there aren't some good cops, but I would wager most of'em are just little pi$$-on's when you take their badge and their gun away, that's why they want to be cops anyway, so that they can get the respect they so crave but can't get without the gun at their hip.

Who needs cops anyway? I say we get rid of the profession all together. I have the gun, don't need the badge, and I can take care of myself or die trying. The idiot cops sure as hell don't improve my odds either way.
This particular bunch rather fits your description. A couple of them in particular. That they allowed the guy to goad them, speaks volumes as to their self control. The hasty and eager way, in which the shooter went for his sidearm, also raised my eyebrows. The manner in which the "suspect" was approached, was also unprofessional, and reading body language. you could glean that this was personal. Watch the way they eyeball and approach him. It was a roust. Plain and simple.

That said, my beartburn with LE, these days, is not that cops coming out of the academy are the victim turned bully, types. Quite the opposite, many are fresh off multiple tours in combat, and patrol is on the battlefield for them. They expect instant compliance, with any and all commands they issue to a citizen, which does not always happen. They cannot take being berated, or contradicted, and their first impulse, acted on more and more lately, is to force their will onto whomever it is they are dealing with, via Tazer, nightstick, or sidearm.

This is fine, when one is dealing with enemy combatants, or suspected enemy combatants. Not John Q Citizen. Regardless of the latters attitude or demeanor. Many are advocating that total compliance with police should be prerequisite, and failure to cede all authority to an LE, gives that officer the right to take it, by any means he pleases. I don't think so Tim! !

However, when the cops being turned loose on us, are multi combat tour, battle hardened, former soldiers, your rights, as a citizen, are not foremost on the cops mind. He wants nothing less than your total capitulation to his authority. Don't be having a bad day, and a problem with the cops attitude, which can be, often, VERY hard to stomach.

Nobody likes to be treated with disrespect or even outright hostility. But a cop, well, he/she needs to know how to get past that, and be CALM. Certainly, when a cop goes into interaction with a citizen, if he starts off confrontational and demanding, with someone who is already worked up, things go way south way fast.

Not every situation calls for a sledgehammer approach. Most don't, actually. Bringing down the hammer when a carrot is what is needed is happening, all to often, any more. A big part of police work, involves having the fortitude to put up with azzhole people. Goes with the territory. But, the "new breed" does not have any social skills, beyond a Tazer.

Training and even deprogramming of personnel, is sorely lacking. Front line combat types, don't make good cops, and neither do those with a adolescent grudge. However, this is what is being unleashed on us.

Tbe older, veteran cops, I interact regularly with, in firearms training programs offered by our state and local firearms clubs, see this too, and tbey don't like it, any more than we tbe citizens do. Many are getting out because of it, leaving the loose cannons breaking in rooks. Thus, the cycle speeds up. When training officers are just as, if not more, gung ho than the rooks they are breaking in, our PDs and SOs are turning into militaristic organizations of ...for lack of a better word, thugs.

The job is losing respect in tidal waves. Abuse of authority is becoming rampant, many innocuous stuations are turning deadly or seriously harmful. It needs to stop! Unfortunately, I don't see tbat happening. LE is becoming a dumping ground for the military. A , seemingly good place to put returning veterans, with no other skills that translate to civilian life. And, what they have, is not exactly a good fit for regular LE either. SWAT maybe, but not a beat cop.

Last edited by NVplumber; 07-03-2013 at 07:17 AM..

Old 07-03-2013, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Hideous owner of a "bully" breed. I feel so horribly and intensely sorry for the dog. I wish it had been mine. I would never have subjected it to such danger. Proof that a dog will do anything for its owner. It deserved a better owner.
My second daughter has a Rottie Bulldog cross...I would not consider the dog a bully breed. At first I thought...What the hell is this tough looking animal about - Is it safe? The dog does not have a natural aggressive nature. He is just a big dumb clown who runs about thinking he is a horse. People who get dogs as weapons and train them as such - do a disservice to the animal. Rotties were bred as beasts of burden..In the old days they were used to pull small carts for those in business who could not afford a horse...They are work dogs. All they want to do is please the master.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies