Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 02:42 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Sure you can. There are consequences in life for every action. What is that old saying I used to hear? Something to the effect of "Don't let your mouth overload your ass."
Please spare me.

I'm talking about legally. Can we legally stand our ground against the police? Even if they're in the wrong.

I believe there is only 1 state where you can and that is Indiana.

Why shouldn't we have certain protections against criminals??

Old 07-03-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Taze, pepper spray there were many alternative, including ordering the owner to take control of the dog and return him to the car. The arrest itself was BS and the killing of the dog was inexcusable.
That's how it goes. Instead of admitting they're mistake, they'll just lie. They lie in court. Break the law in the field.

It's the biggest racket out there.

Think about it. From your high school, how many truly dangerous people did you know? How many truly bad people did you know? A lot of crime in this country is due to policy and societal factors. Instead of trying to fix the root problems, they simply arrest (certain) people and prosecute them. Once arrested, nothing is done to truly solve that person's issues. In very depressed areas where positivity is scarce, most kids just follow the current trends. By the time they're of age (if alive), they've already lost most of their job prospects and the proper training to compete. On goes the cycle...

If there was money flowing towards social services and truly helping our disadvantaged areas of the country, we'd see some real change, not that stuff the Democrats offered up. There's rural areas and inner cities alike that need serious attention. Sure you can ignore all of those people and kids, but if you do so, don't go around and send billions overseas when our problems could be fixed with millions. I'm not talking about food stamps or even free government housing, I'm talking about targeted and specific help depending on the area.

The Police have BEEN out of control in this country. In the 60's and 70's they routinely jumped and shot black leaders. The NRA was anti blacks having guns in those times, but now all of a sudden are for blacks having guns. The money element, mixed in with the corruption and control element have created one distorted government/corporation.

The biggest lie is that everything is being done to solve our problems. No. In fact. Everything is being used to line their (600 people in DC and some select businessmen) pockets while the rest of America suffers. Cops get a pass because they're obeying massuh.

Jury nullification anybody?

Old 07-03-2013, 02:57 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
"The biggest lie is that everything is being done to solve our problems"

You can say that again. If they just left folks alone and let us keep our money instead of wasting trying to fix what THEY perceive as our problems we would be much better off as a whole. Hell THEY are the ones who created most of the problems to begin with.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
"The biggest lie is that everything is being done to solve our problems"

You can say that again. If they just left folks alone and let us keep our money instead of wasting trying to fix what THEY perceive as our problems we would be much better off as a whole. Hell THEY are the ones who created most of the problems to begin with.
So true. Through bad decisions.

If they're trying to get us to think that they're doing an awesome job, they're failing miserably. I honestly trust the people more than these politicians. I know quite a few real leaders who would at least be honest and rational.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:19 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I love how everybody gets so upset when the cops shoot a dog. If they had shot the dog's owner in cold blood, execution style, after he was handcuffed, there would have been a fraction of the outrage. But every time the cops shoot a dog, it's a big story.
The dog is innocent.

And you have to admit, most dogs are better than some people.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:24 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,287 times
Someone should have shot that F'n cop and blew his brains all over the street.

Arrest someone for nothing and shoot their dog that was defending their master ... sweet lawsuit.

The cop should be fired too.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombocom View Post
Eh, pit bull - I don't blame the cops. Although, should have kept firing until it was dead, no need to drag it out.
Pit Bull? I think you need to study dog breeds a bit more.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:31 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
Someone should have shot that F'n cop and blew his brains all over the street.

Arrest someone for nothing and shoot their dog that was defending their master ... sweet lawsuit.

The cop should be fired too.
MAYBE, you should know a bit more about what happened before you say something.

It's better to be silent, and thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt. You have removed all doubt.

The police were dealing with an armed criminal, and this douche drives up radio blaring, refuses to turn it down, is filmed telling the cop it's his f'''''in radio, and puts himself in the way.

I think the cop should sue the Dog owner for putting him in a situation where he had to shoot the dog.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:55 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Been told by a couple other posters, that my take on this video is just pure fiction, and I just have NO idea what Im avctually seeing there. So, made myself watch it, couple more times, and came up with the same take. The cops rousted the guy, because he got under their skin, it escalated, they saw an opportunity to kill the dog, further driving home to the guy EXACTLY who owns who, oh boy! Morons.

It came to light, earlier in the thread, that the dogs owner is no stranger to the cops. He already has a pending law suit. That he wanted something like this to happen seems a gimme. And they handed it to him with a bow on top. Sheesh! These clowns don't have a single brain cell between them. That they can claim self defense, well, sure, SEEMS as if they could. But after watching the video, again, I am more convinced they were just wanting to toss cop power out there, and teach the upstart, litigaeous, punk, who is daring to sue them, a lesson. Ciuld be, the guys original case had no merit. Now, reasonable doubt exists, as to the character of this agency.

Leastways, thats my take. They showed themselves to be unsuited to LE work, in spades. It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in the mayors office there, as he talks to the Police Chief about this. Oh, folks can call me silly, but, I think some public officials are having some Hooo Zahhh, moments, right about now.

Yep...special kind of stupid, are these cops.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
Congratulations....the Hawthrone Police department has done what's never been done before. They have made me side with the owner of a rottweiler. I don't like "rott's" and rarely their owners as well since they are a menacing dog to have around the neighborhood.
I have known ZERO Rotties that were NOT sweethearts, there was one I met at the Vet's office that was gigantic, his owner said about 125lbs, you would say his name and something like oh its just a baby and he would curl up wagging his tail, my brother's neighbor had one that would come over in the morning to "play", he would sit at the door and bark until I came out to play with him, I met one in the park when he got away from his owner, he just wanted to meet new people, came right to me and let me pet him until his owner came over.

If the lousy pigs had just let the man go(he was cuffed) and let him subdue the dog, this would have ended much differently, but some just like to kill things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies