Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 08:50 AM

807 posts, read 1,353,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I love how everybody gets so upset when the cops shoot a dog. If they had shot the dog's owner in cold blood, execution style, after he was handcuffed, there would have been a fraction of the outrage. But every time the cops shoot a dog, it's a big story.
Not for me. Both would be just as sick as the other. The reason why there is so many enraged by this incident is because the dog was the only one doing the right thing and is punished by death because of it.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:54 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,225,008 times
There should be compassion for both. Several years ago, one of my children was in our driveway towards our backyard.
Out of nowhere came a pit bull who caught an adult cat & was killing it. Someone called the police, 4 police cars came
out all with their guns and rifles ready. I called the Humane Society. Luckily before the police were about to shoot the
dog, the Humane Society officer called the dog over to her and the dog happily ran to her. She petted it, put the
dog on a leash and picked it up.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:00 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Hawthorne, CA Police Arrest Man for Filming Raid, Shoot his Dog in Front of Him - informationliberation

If this pisses you off call the Hawthorne Police Dept and let them know. (310) 349-2700

Last time I checked, filming a "peace" officer was not against any law.

Why not use pepper spray. Isn't that why they have it. Obviously the dog thinks someone is trying to hurt his owner. So of course he's going to react.

Discharging a weapon on a street full of people is totally reckless, to say the least. Just shows the flagrant disregard LE has for the public's safety.
Correct!

The cops do these things with impunity. I would love to be on the jury when this guy sues these cops.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
1. I'd have shot the dog too.

2. The guy clearly challenged the cops to arrest him both verbally and actively. His arrest had nothing obviously to do with the filming. He filmed for several minutes there and the cops let him. Not to mention the other people filming who were not even acknowledged.

3. I feel bad for the dog, but not for the dog's owner. The entire altercation appears to have been his fault.
What a stupid post. He was clearly complying with the (illegal) order by these idiot cops to turn around and put his hands behind his back.

The entire altercation is the fault of out-of-control cops who didn't like being filmed. They should be fired.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Thats true, but this guy was not arrested for videotaping the police. He was arrested for obstruction for refusing to turn down his music.

I'm not a fan of the police, but when you pull up to a police SWAT team operation in progress, with your windows rolled down, and loud music blaring. Then jump out of the car with your dog in one hand and a camera phone in the other, something bad is going to happen.
There was no loud music in the video. And observing is not obstructing.

And I didn't see him "jump" out of a car.

These cops should be fired.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:23 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
the man they were arresting and the people watching were all agitated and unpredictable too. where the cops justified in open firing on all of these people? This is just a poor example of police work.
I found it quite disturbing. Why didn't they allow the man to grab the dog's leash?

It seemed a bit over the top for me - and I would be pissed off if that were my dog.

There was a crowd around and they seemed disturbed as well.

I've always been pro law enforcement - but this is way over the top in my mind.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:26 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Cops like to shoot dogs because they can get their aggression out on animal and get away with it much easier than if caught harming an individual.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I found it quite disturbing. Why didn't they allow the man to grab the dog's leash?

It seemed a bit over the top for me - and I would be pissed off if that were my dog.

There was a crowd around and they seemed disturbed as well.

I've always been pro law enforcement - but this is way over the top in my mind.
Correct.

They were wrong to arrest the man in the first place.

Then they were wrong to shoot the dog.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:33 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,369,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The OWNER of the dog is a total idiot...The way he struts around irritating the cops- He provoked the whole incident.
A rather scary day in America when behaving in an "irritating" manner provokes the police to start shooting.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:40 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
It was the owners fault, he should have known his dog could jump out of the window.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies