U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 01:57 PM

5,563 posts, read 3,853,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Do whatever it takes to send your kids to private school K-12.
I'm in the middle school level (6-8) and these kids can't tell time (analog clock on the wall), can't read cursive, can't multiply, don't know any formulas (perimeter, area) and treat a 2 part test question (part A and part B) as a multiple choice answer (they turn in paper with either A or B circled and I have to point out that each one is a separate problem requiring an answer).
Well, your user name pretty much explains that.

My children graduated from public schools and mastered all that stuff you mentioned by oh, fourth grade or so.

Best & Worst States For Math Education - Dan's Wild Wild Science Journal - AGU Blogosphere
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 02:01 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,371,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Where do I claim she's a new arrival? indeed.

BTW, it's "kindergarten" and "it's" (and a period to break up the run-on sentence would be nice). Since you seem to be so critical of her inability to grasp the English language, you might want to brush up on your skills.
Sorry on a phone with fat fingers and spell check.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:04 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,371,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
If she is taught at school, but comes home to uneducated parents and speaks in a different language, she's not going to excel academically.
Why

Old 07-02-2013, 05:19 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,013,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
As others have said, we need more proof before we can assign guilt, these are just allegations, and it seems like some are just jumping on board for a payday, my initial thought at least.

If true, to me this is no different then white students who have daddy slip the teacher a few bills to help them with grades. Fairly common with legacy white students.

Also have white student athletes who could not get admitted to many of these schools and get help along the way to become academically eligible.
It's not "white" athletes. It's football players or whatever is the big sport at a school. Race plays no part in athlete grade giving.

This is the reason there are issues in professional sports.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:25 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,013,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
if I were black I would be pissed. but I am pissed anyway because I am Hispanic and the standards are lowered for us. we are just not as smart at the rest I guess.
Yes you are. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If you want it you can do it. If you're not feeling challenged, tell someone.

Don't let anyone make you feel dumb. That's terrible and I'm sorry if anyone made you believe that.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:30 PM

7,474 posts, read 21,231,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
You cannot make this stuff up, how sad that they think they have to lower the standards. Is there any one that thinks this is Ok. So a degree from this school if your black is worthless IMO.

EXCLUSIVE: Public university unfairly raising grades of black students, say three former faculty members
Without such help from the university's, our communist-in-chief would still be selling drugs on the street corner, next to moose mama plying her trade...

Old 07-02-2013, 07:08 PM

18,591 posts, read 17,479,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1946 View Post
Google Corporation recently decided they would pay NO attention to grades or even if someone went to college. Their study indicated that none of it predicted success on the job. The whole jobs thing is perverse any more. I'm glad I am no longer in that rat race. What a nightmare to be looking for a job and enduring the entire process. I feel sorry for any job hunter.

People who have the most difficulty in a job search regardless of grades, school attended or other qualifications seem to be black males, black females, white males over 50 and obese people. Then add into that mix college grads who have non-tech educations and the problems are increased. Cheating does not surprise me wherever it surfaces. Run rats run. Sad.

The economic pie is smaller and the opportunities for a piece of it have diminished considerably. Much more crisis ahead for our society.
If you believe that I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. They'll probably recruit at a few schools which act as an IQ filter anyway. For the at-large applicants they'll probably administer some covert IQ test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies