Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 09:32 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,642,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
You cannot make this stuff up, how sad that they think they have to lower the standards. Is there any one that thinks this is Ok. So a degree from this school if your black is worthless IMO.

EXCLUSIVE: Public university unfairly raising grades of black students, say three former faculty members
If this turns out to be true, do you think these people are racial bigots?

Not the mean old KKK styled, white supremacists, but they liberal kind, the sympathetic, racial bigots, who feel pity for the lesser races, and want to help their unfortunate genetic cousins, by raising their school grades, just to make it fair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 09:35 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,917,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
If this turns out to be true, do you think these people are racial bigots?

Not the mean old KKK styled, white supremacists, but they liberal kind, the sympathetic, racial bigots, who feel pity for the lesser races, and want to help their unfortunate genetic cousins, by raising their school grades, just to make it fair?
Aren't the adminstrators black as well? So who is a cousin and who is a brother? its hard...need to carry a score card with you people.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:35 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,357,687 times
I should add this usually works if the professor is Black. If the professor is non-Black and they refuse to raise the grades the professor will be labeled racist. Students will tell others to avoid him/her because they're racist.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:37 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,357,687 times
Quote:
Rachel Jeantel is your answer if we have a problem with our school system.
But she speaks Ebonics so eloquently.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:39 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,527,253 times
Quote:
You cannot make this stuff up, how sad that they think they have to lower the standards. Is there any one that thinks this is Ok. So a degree from this school if your black is worthless IMO.

EXCLUSIVE: Public university unfairly raising grades of black students, say three former faculty members
95+ % of graduates from this school are black.

This terminated employee and 2 other former and anonymous employees now claim some students had their final grade changed based on race. No further detail is provided. People can and do allege all sorts of things, all the time. Doing so does not make it true or false.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:41 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,642,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Aren't the adminstrators black as well? So who is a cousin and who is a brother? its hard...need to carry a score card with you people.
The race of the admin does not matter, if the admin are black, they look upon blacks as racially inferior, and wish to up their grades. Maybe they think they were the lucky, top tier, 1% of blacks, born with superior intellect. It's no different then a liberal bureaucrat or politician, who looks upon the masses as ignorant 'tards, and view themselves as altruistic and wise, and possessing a superior intellect.

I am not trying to validate this story, just speaking in general. I could be talking about a school that is 90% white, with white administrators. If they were changing grades for specific races, do you think they might be racial bigots?

Old 07-02-2013, 09:46 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,819,958 times
As others have said, we need more proof before we can assign guilt, these are just allegations, and it seems like some are just jumping on board for a payday, my initial thought at least.

If true, to me this is no different then white students who have daddy slip the teacher a few bills to help them with grades. Fairly common with legacy white students.

Also have white student athletes who could not get admitted to many of these schools and get help along the way to become academically eligible.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:47 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,527,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Do whatever it takes to send your kids to private school K-12.
I'm in the middle school level (6-8) and these kids can't tell time (analog clock on the wall), can't read cursive, can't multiply, don't know any formulas (perimeter, area) and treat a 2 part test question (part A and part B) as a multiple choice answer (they turn in paper with either A or B circled and I have to point out that each one is a separate problem requiring an answer).
About 25% of the students at my local middle school are on the free lunch program. Most of the kids at my local middle school know more than the kids who graduated my high school, back when before tests scores were tracked and compared.

High school drop out rates have substantially declined since the 70's, when I was in school.

As you well know, non Asian foreign born or children born to non Asian foreign born have always been the most at risk group.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 07-02-2013 at 10:03 AM..

Old 07-02-2013, 09:50 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,230,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Doesn't matter. The article said it's to keep the school in good standing as a predominately Black university.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:52 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,709,976 times
Quote:

Where are you every time athletes have their grades inflated because sports brings so much money to all schools or makes them popular?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies