Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 11:48 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Lol yes because cops always have a reason for pulling people over.
If you're speeding yes, that's a reason for pulling over. You DO realize there are speed limits, right? Maybe you live in a small town here that have no speed limit signs? I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Hmmm, you've never sped? And depending on the district, may also depend on the leniency when it comes to speeding. Some districts have zero tolerance. My brother-in-law in his little village got pulled over for 1 mph over! Secondly, no speedometer is 100% accurate.

BTW I've had 2 speeding tickets in my life, and that was in 1991, and 1992.
As I mentioned in a previous post, yes I speed. I've been pulled over & ticketed for it. Warranted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 11:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Very true.

Entrapment for profit. Oh, and bonuses for themselves
There's one town on my route that is a speed trap and a very well known one at that.
Speed goes from 70 to 50 with a warning sign as you approach the town.
But right at the 50 sign there is a curve and right around that curve is where the police sit.
And the town got that parcel of land into their ETJ so they have jurisdiction.

There's always someone pulled over when you round that curve.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:49 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
A Cleveland suburb set up fake drug checkpoints to see how drivers would react, and if they reacted suspiciously then they would pull them over, and demand that they be allowed to search the car.

Fake Drug Checkpoint Causes Controversy | FOX8.com

Now I know some of course will toe the line and say "well if you haven't done anything wrong" and blah blah blah... but seriously this is some Gestapo type BS!!! Well, the only thing is that they cannot legally have "drug checkpoints" but apparently it is legal to fool the public into thinking they're real.

What say you?
The sourts rued long ago o check points and how they have to be managedto be legal. Not something new any any cheak point as is asking for consent to search first. Demand is terrible wording .IMO.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:53 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Many times they sit right where the limit changes and grab them as they pass.

Where I travel rural we have roads that are 70mph but when you come into a town it goes down to 30 mph. Years ago cops would nab many a traveler that didn't slow down in time once they passed the speed limit sign.

Now we have warning signs before the actual speed limit sign. That decreased the "revenue" that many of these small towns were raking in.

So, no, it's not all about "obeying the law". Sometimes the law uses the law to their own advantage and new laws put them back in their place.

Shady to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies