Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2013, 07:04 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I know this and I'm glad to pass the knowledge on to you:

The GOP house leadership did its damnedest to try to implicate the president in all kinds of dirty dealings with accusations they cooked up and trumpeted to the public for months.

They failed. Their accusations were lies.

Maybe they'd like some salt and pepper to go with the egg on their faces.
Even if EVERY other scandal does not hold up, the handling of the AP situation was unconscionable, and anyone defending him against that situation has ZERO credibility, period. I did not want Clinton impeached, and am a registered independent, but to claim obama is innocent of all charges is ****ing ludicrous.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Here's what I say - you dish it out, dude, but you sure can't take it. I think you see in others qualities you possess yourself.
You're a loser, plain and simple - I asked the other poster for a credible response as to what leadership obama has shown regarding syria or egypt, and I get personally attacked.

Don't ****ing waste my time with BS about "rightwingers" not using facts, I asked for a reasonable post and got hot air from you and the other poster. Consider yourself indefinitely ignored.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What I think about bin Laden is that the hunt was dropped under Bush and it wasn't until Obama made it a priority that lead to the action.
That is a possibility that under Bush, it was not pursued vigorously, but proof of that would be needed before one can attack Bush and extol Obama.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:11 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
I'm not entirely sure you are not trolling, but for the moment, let's assume you are to be taken at face value. Obama is a terrible president, the economy has not gone anywhere during his almost 6 years in office, foreign policy is either ignored or a disaster, his signature piece of legislation - healthcare - has been shelved for another year, relations with allies like the UK, France and Israel are at historic lows, etc. Do I need to mention the recent scandals, the rise of inflation by almost 10%, or that more people have been added to the food-stamp rolls under Obama than under any single previous president?
Now reread your post, consider how much of it will never find ink in the history texts? Because what history will record is that Obama ended the worst recession since the great depression in spite of deliberate efforts by Republicans to sabotage the recovery through threatening default on the US debt, walking away from several opportunities to strike grand bargains that would have attacked the deficit, and refusing to take up any of his proposed job bills. Instead, the opposition spent their time inventing fake scandals like Benghazi, F&F and the IRS targeting. He will be seen as the President who midwifed the greatest expansion of liberty in Middle East history, accomplishing on the ground what Bush could only pontificate regarding. He will be seen as the President who ended two wars.

History will not remember your version, because you are already on the wrong side of it.

There is nothing you can do about it. There is nothing that Obama can even do about it at this point. Wake up. Smell the coffee. Remember how history gets written.

Obama will be forever remembered as one of the best, most courageous, most dignified Presidents in US history, whether he deserves it or not.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Right. And speaking of foreign policy, where is VP Biden who was supposedly picked for his foreign policy expertise? I tell you, it's a mystery why they would have him go undercover at this particular juncture(ha ha).......especially with the SofS Kerry our yachting.
Agreed, it has become clear that Biden's voice has been sidelined. I agreed with him in 2005 about segmenting iraq, and have agreed with him on other issues, but it would appear that obama is so timid, inexperienced and vain that he does not want to take even the smallest step for fear he will be attacked for it - so he does nothing on so many issues. It's as if he loves the notion of being president, but not the work itself, and he just wants to protect his name in future textbooks rather than lead.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Because what history will record is that Obama ended the worst recession since the great depression
You say the republicans blocked him, but then extol him for singlehandedly stopping a terrible recession? Like that poster a page or so back, he is responsible for every victory - but never for any failure.

Yes, the republicans suck and have been an obstacle to him, but Clinton had a worse republican congress and accomplished more.

Quote:
Instead, the opposition spent their time inventing fake scandals like Benghazi,
Benghazi was a train wreck, and by lying his people made things worse. The AP situation is a legitimate scandal, and needs to be thoroughly investigated.

Quote:
He will be seen as the President who midwifed the greatest expansion of liberty in Middle East history,
Now you're just blowing BS smoke and playing games. He had NOTHING to do with the arab spring events, and has made every effort to not be involved. Let's not waste time on nonsense.

Quote:
He will be seen as the President who ended two wars
6 years into office we are still in iraq and afghanistan, and Gitmo is still open. Any more broken promises you want to paper over?

Quote:
Obama will be forever remembered as one of the best, most courageous, most dignified Presidents in US history, whether he deserves it or not.
If you actually believe this nonsense, then I'm signing off here. No point in arguing with a fanatic, facts or reality won't ever be accepted by one.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:24 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Obama is a terrible president, the economy has not gone anywhere during his almost 6 years in office...
A picture is worth 1,000 words:

Old 07-07-2013, 07:32 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I care that the IRS didn't treat every application equally.
I care that the IRS admitted it and apologized only because a scathing report was about to be published.
I care that the IRS said they took care of the matter yet it happened two more times after that.
I care that the IRS officials either claim ignorance or take the 5th.

I care that the IRS gets cleaned up and that people who instigated and approved of this get fired.

I care about my country and keeping the government honest and objective and treating all Americans equally regardless of political party.

I care about my country..not some political party.
Some of you have put your party above your country.
Caring about your country is the LAST thing I would connect with you. You might connect with your preacher, you might connect with the GOP, you might connect with any of thousands of right wing extremist organizations, right wing extremist spokespersons, and right wing extremists, but CARE about this whole country? You? ha! Not even in a dream!

Old 07-07-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Even if EVERY other scandal does not hold up, the handling of the AP situation was unconscionable, and anyone defending him against that situation has ZERO credibility, period.
That's not even a scandal. That's law enforcement.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
You say the republicans blocked him, but then extol him for singlehandedly stopping a terrible recession? Like that poster a page or so back, he is responsible for every victory - but never for any failure.
Of course. How could the Republicans share in the credit if they tried to block him at every turn?

You keep falling out of perspective. History is written with a broad brush. You keep trying to glean the morsel that will make you feel better, that will soothe your bruised sensibilities and somehow add at least some small dignity to the fact that history's verdict will treat you so harshly. The story will be one of David v. Goliath with Obama holding the sling.

This will be history's verdict. It is already a lost cause for you.

Last edited by HistorianDude; 07-07-2013 at 08:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies