Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 10:13 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Well what do they know, they are just the nation’s leading group of physicians providing health care for women with 58,000 members!

ACOG - Ob-Gyns Denounce Texas Abortion Legislation
If you call abortion 'health care'.

Abortion is a business. A very lucrative business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 10:18 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
You're right. They probably don't really believe that medical decisions should be left to medical professionals and not politicians. They're probably just saying that.

So let me get this straight...people who make money from virtually unrestricted abortion oppose the modest restrictions favored by most Americans and the majority of women?

Common State Abortion Restrictions Spark Mixed Reviews

Old 07-02-2013, 10:33 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So let me get this straight...people who make money from virtually unrestricted abortion oppose the modest restrictions favored by most Americans and the majority of women?

No. Medical professionals are expressing their disagreement with right-wing legislation that interferes with the doctor/patient relationship. It's clear you don't understand what's happening here. Perhaps if you read the ACOG statement, that would help you get matters straight.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:04 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No. Medical professionals are expressing their disagreement with right-wing legislation that interferes with the doctor/patient relationship. It's clear you don't understand what's happening here. Perhaps if you read the ACOG statement, that would help you get matters straight.
So make your case! This entire thread has not seen one person offer a compelling argument, all we have seen is inflated rhetoric and silly statements like this law will "interferes with the doctor/patient relationship" so tell us how it interferes. How does waving an ultrasound wand over a woman's belly interferes.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:07 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I support the bill on a moral basis.
Safer drugs, surgery centers only. Wrong wrong with that?

I posted a thread where a lady recorded late term abortion advice. Suggested if she felt the baby coming (after the lethal injection which would go in the baby's butt or head depending on how its turned), she should sit on the toilet and let the baby drop in. A toilet... what if the dead baby drops in and toilet water splashes all up in her business? So yeah - we probably need to tighten that up a bit.

Government tells companies how to operate every day. I wonder if this group is against any intervention?
So you support government making medical decisions. Got it.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Neither does their defense - at least according to the article.
That's because they assume, like sensible people who are not governed by a belief in a mythical being, that doctors being better at medical decisions than anyone else simply goes without saying.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I have to ask if the bill allows for abortions beyond 20 weeks if the mother's life is in danger.

I do not see it as an overreach that it "would require physicians who perform abortions to have admitting privileges at a hospital within 30 miles."

What is the reason so much anger is generated over the bill? I've not seen one spittle-flecked opponent of this bill give a rational reason to oppose it.
Good lord, where have you been? If you have the nerve to say that, I don't need to waste my time repeating and reposting all the reasons that are everywhere you care to look.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:21 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
If you call abortion 'health care'.

Abortion is a business. A very lucrative business.
And pregnancy and childbirth are far more lucrative.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Obstetricians and gynecologists make a lot more money from pregnancy and childbirth.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So make your case! This entire thread has not seen one person offer a compelling argument, all we have seen is inflated rhetoric and silly statements like this law will "interferes with the doctor/patient relationship" so tell us how it interferes. How does waving an ultrasound wand over a woman's belly interferes.
Is there a medical need for waving an ultrasound wand over a woman's belly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies