Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 12:16 PM

593 posts, read 468,364 times

Advertisements

It takes TWO(2) PEOPLE male/female to make a baby so at the very least you are bound by the males' decision to abort or not, because it's HIS baby too. WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT

Any questions?

Old 07-02-2013, 12:18 PM

15,798 posts, read 21,316,439 times
When the "male" can remove the fetus from me and incubate it himself, then it is his choice. Any man I sleep with knows that if birth control fails, abortion is the only option (financially and for my health). He makes an educated decision based off of that data.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:19 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,021,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
It takes TWO(2) PEOPLE male/female to make a baby so at the very least you are bound by the males' decision to abort or not, because it's HIS baby too. WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT

Any questions?
Yes:

What planet are you on?

Old 07-02-2013, 12:20 PM

1,160 posts, read 1,425,415 times
And baby makes three. The baby is not part of the woman's body.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:21 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,260,950 times
Quote:

Any questions?
Awww, sweetie, no. No, you're mistaken. Here's why.

The woman bears the brunt of pregnancy, childbirth and childrearing. It's entirely up to her. Talk to me when men can get gestational diabetes, dangerous hypertension, abdominal separation, deep vein thrombosis, hyperemesis gravidarum, Bell's Palsy, prolapsed uterus (think of your penis turning inside out) and a veritable plethora of other ailments and conditions during pregnancy, up to and including death.
You want a guy whose sole contribution is a grunt and an 'Oh, baby!' to have an equal say in the matter? I don't think so.

(copy of a previous post of mine)

Old 07-02-2013, 12:22 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,772,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
When the "male" can remove the fetus from me and incubate it himself, then it is his choice. Any man I sleep with knows that if birth control fails, abortion is the only option (financially and for my health). He makes an educated decision based off of that data.
Men have exactly the same right to reproductive matters. The child comes from the man 50% - The child comes from the woman 50%. Financially? If you look at children as a cost issue--- You should never have children...as for "health" - What are you talking about? Your physical health? Your mental health? Of the discomfort and chore of carrying a child. Being pregnant is not a disease or illness.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:25 PM

24,261 posts, read 14,123,899 times
Quote:

Any questions?
Then he can figure out a way to carry it and give birth if he wants to keep it and she doesn't.

Any questions?

Old 07-02-2013, 12:26 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,747,138 times
The leftists have been desperately avoiding this argument for years.

In fact, women aren't the only ones who make a pregnancy. COUPLES make a pregnancy. Just because one has the ability to run away and hide later, and the other doesn't, doesn't mean that both shouldn't carry the responsibility equally. And responsibility includes the decision-making about the fate of the baby.

Some women have been trying hard to pretend that pregnancy is something that happened to THEM, not to the baby. This lie has allowed many of those babies to be killed.

Most men hang right in there for all 9 months (and far beyond) to help the woman, support the baby, bring up and educate the child (helped along by an institution called "marriage", designed for the purpose). But there are some, a relative minority, who don't. This relatively small number, enable lawmakers to paint with a broad brush and pretend that ALL the men should be barred from participating in vital decisions about the fate of their child.

Last edited by Little-Acorn; 07-02-2013 at 12:36 PM..

Old 07-02-2013, 12:34 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,243,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
The leftists have been desperately avoiding this argument for years.

In fact, women aren't the only ones who make a pregnancy. COUPLES make a pregnancy. Just because one has the ability to run away and hide later, and the other doesn't, doesn't mean that both shouldn't carry the responsibility equally. And responsibility includes the decision-making about the fate of the baby.

Some women have been trying hard to pretend that pregnancy is something that happened to THEM, not to the baby. This lie has allowed many of those babies to be killed.

Though most men hang right in there for all 9 months (and far beyond) to help the woman, support the baby, bring up and educate the child, there are some (a relative minority) who don't. This relatively small number, enable lawmakers to paint with a broad brush and pretend that ALL the men should be barred from participating in vital decisions about the fate of their child.
Hm, I could have sworn that the correct rightwing narrative was "fatherless (black) families are destroying America."

Old 07-02-2013, 12:37 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,925,526 times
Quote:

Any questions?
Conception requires a female ovum and a male's sperm but it also requires a uterus and nine months of gestation and like they say, possession is 9/10ths of the law. So until a fetus attains viability the ownership equation isn't what you would call 50/50.

Of course this raises another question. Once given does it follow that a man retains ownership of his sperm? Does a man bear responsibility for any pathogens that pass along to a female as a result of the transfer of their infected sperm or semen? On the face of it that may seem facetious but it would be the logical regression of the argument.

While I think that a man should have a say regarding an abortion, having a say is not the same as having the power of decision. Should a man who has sex with a woman during a some night stand have that power? Wouldn't the nature of their relationship come into play? Was the expressed purpose of their intercourse be a factor? Should a man who has engages in sexual intercourse for pleasure be given such power? I think not. Perhaps if the sexual encounter was for the expressed and agreed upon purpose of conceiving a child there might be a substantive argument, otherwise, I don't think that a man should have the power of ultimate decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies