Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 02:48 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,169,156 times

Advertisements

A British Columbia man and woman are facing three terror charges after they allegedly left devices similar to those used in the Boston Marathon bombing intended to “cause death” during Canada Day celebrations at the provincial legislature.

John Stewart Nuttall, 38, and Amanda Marie Korody, 28, have been charged with knowingly facilitating a terrorist activity and making or possessing an explosive device.

RCMP said the pair took steps to build explosives device — using pressure cookers, which were used in the Boston attack — to cause “death and injuries” during Canada Day celebrations in Victoria and they were inspired by “Al Qaeda ideology.”

Pictures provided by the RCMP showed rusted nails inside the pressure cookers.

“These individuals were inspired by al-Qaeda ideology. Our investigation demonstrated that this was a domestic threat, without international linkages,” RCMP Assistant Commissioner James Malizia said in a statement.

The devices were left outside the B.C legislature where crowds were going to gather for Canada Day celebrations, the RCMP said.

Police said the investigation has been ongoing since February but at no time was the public safety at risk and that the devices were “under RCMP control.”

The accused are Canadian-born, police said, and said they had no contact with international terrorist organizations but were “inspired by Al-Qaeda.”

Assistant Commissioner Wayne Rideout described the pair as “self-radicalized.”
The pair live in Surrey, B.C. and we arrested in nearby Abbotsford.

Nutall has a 2010 conviction for possessing a weapon for a dangerous purpose, among other criminal convictions, the Vancouver Sun reports.

The RCMP said the arrests have been made in relation to project SOUVENIR, a national security investigation co-ordinated by a RCMP-led Integrated National Security Enforcement Team.

Source: John Stewart Nuttall, Amanda Korody charged in alleged Victoria terrorist plot | Canada | News | National Post

I would like to thank both the RCMP, CSIS and any other Canadian or American law enforcement agencies that helped stop or notify B.C. RCMP about these terrorist nutters from Blowing up my City and now I am freaking Pissed off and sick of this type of Radical terrorist crap is spreading all around North America we need to stop it and Them ASAP before they try anymore and succeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 02:54 PM

45,308 posts, read 26,815,759 times
Glad they found it before any destruction occurred.

I agree with your last paragraph.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:05 PM

Awesome words that B.C. premier Christy Clark has just spoken about this Recent incident:

Premier Christy Clark:

“You will not succeed in damaging our democratic institutions. But just as importantly, you will not succeed in tearing down the values that make this country strong.”

“They hope to change us. We will not change. We will remain Canadian, bound together by open hearts and optimism for the future of our country, our towns, our cities, our province, our families, and all of those we love.”

“They want us to be governed by fear. They want us to view each other with suspicion. They want us to be seized with anger. They want this because they hate the things that make us Canadian. They hate the values that make BC and Canada unique in the world.”

Awesome my respect for Christy Clark has just went up a bunch of notches and she speaks the truth people are sick of this cr@p happening all over Canada, the U.S, Europe and even Russia already.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:07 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,922,742 times
More peaceful muslims.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:10 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
More peaceful muslims.
Article did not mention they were Muslim or not. Their last names are European. Amanda Marie Korody and John Stewart Nuttall don't sound very Muslim to me

Old 07-02-2013, 03:14 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,922,742 times
What does AQ ideology mean to you? I don't think they were Christians. lol

Old 07-02-2013, 06:38 PM

the story just broke so the media does not want to speculate but more info will be coming out in the next few days I am suspired this has not even made CNN or Fox new Affiliates yet where it is all over the CBC and BBC

Old 07-02-2013, 07:33 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,372,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
the story just broke so the media does not want to speculate but more info will be coming out in the next few days I am suspired this has not even made CNN or Fox new Affiliates yet where it is all over the CBC and BBC
The Associated Press was present at the announcement and asked a couple of relevant questions but your surprise is confusing to me. There is nothing here to see.

They worked as CSIS should and shared knowledge with all local police forces involved. They worked co-operatively to circumvent any possibility of confusion without even a hint of any "turf war".

Nothing for Faux News to get it's teeth into with this one They hate a success story, especially if it's a Canadian one.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:37 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,352,469 times
I am surprised. It has always been the BC government's position to support and sponsor terrorism. Or perhaps they just do not like the idea of terrorism targeting them, but support terrorism that targets others.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I am surprised. It has always been the BC government's position to support and sponsor terrorism. Or perhaps they just do not like the idea of terrorism targeting them, but support terrorism that targets others.
What does the B.C. Government have to do with a two Radicalized people that built the bombs, Pre-planned these attacks and planted 3 Bombs in a crowd of 40,000 people that gathered to Celebrate Canada's Birthday?

This is a attempt at a Copy cat event based off the Boston marathon Bombings which had nothing to do with Government but they were there to inflict as much damage and as harm and hurt or kill as many innocent people as possible to try and stop us from going about our daily life's and try to ruin our happiness by bringing fear into it.

I mean if we become fearful and do not go out to enjoy the things we love to do and Celebrate our Country and who we are and have to cancel these types of Community events then we already lost out to the terrorists.. Since that was/is their Goal.

Last edited by GTOlover; 07-02-2013 at 10:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies