Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2014, 09:05 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
LOL! Again, you're the blind whiner! Everybody but you has seen verifiable proof. Keep licking those boots! Obviously that's more important to you than the Constitution! Slurp, slurp.
Where is it?

Show me.

You make the claim, back it up. I am not doing your homework for you.

If the Constitution has been violated, I will demand justice.

BUT UNTIL THEN, PROVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 09:06 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,090,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Once again the communication process breaks down. I have repeatedly asked for verifiable proof the NSA is spying on US citizens.
There has been plenty of proof that the NSA is collecting data on millions of innocent American's phone calls, text messages and e-mails. I believe what you're asking for is proof of harm from dragnet style surveillance in the form of dossiers.

Here's a little more on the death threats that whistleblower Edward Snowden has been receiving as of late.

Snowden requests extra security after receiving death threats - YouTube

Old 01-25-2014, 09:07 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post

Snowden will have to face the music either way.
So will you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGtwpIVp4sw

Old 01-25-2014, 09:08 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
There has been plenty of proof that the NSA is collecting data on millions of innocent American's phone calls, text messages and e-mails. I believe what you're asking for is proof of harm from dragnet style surveillance in the form of dossiers.

Here's a little more on the death threats that whistleblower Edward Snowden has been receiving as of late.

Snowden requests extra security after receiving death threats - YouTube
I know about that. I started a thread about the threats to the cowards life.

He should be afraid, very afraid.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:44 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
"'The NSA does all kinds of things like hack Chinese cell phone companies to steal all of your SMS data,' Snowden was quoted as saying on the SCMP's website." --- New Snowden leak reveals US hacked Chinese cell companies, accessed millions of sms - report ? RT News

Apparently Snowden was more than willing to sell out our national secrets in exchange for asylum.

Edward Snowden's 'open letter to the Brazilian people'
Those are not national security secrets. Those are illegal and immoral acts of the NSA that had nothing to do with national security.

Snowden did not give away any national security secrets.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Recent polls show that the majority of Americans of both parties condemn Snowden and consider him a traitor. It is the extremists on both ends that embrace him, though for different reasons. If your friends, either right or left, are praising Snowden then you hang around with people whose views are outside of the political mainstream.
You are distorting the facts. CBS news poll says only a tiny majority (54%) disapprove of his actions and less than half (46%) think his actions were not good for the country.

And only 35% agree with Obama's handling of the NSA disaster.

Poll: Most think Edward Snowden should stand trial in U.S. - CBS News

And BTW, the majority is frequently wrong. In 1776, the majority approved slavery. And for 150 years the majority refused to let women vote. Going with the majority is for the weak minded and is dangerous habit.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
As he should be. You know, break the law go to jail.

You know that's not true. If it were, half of our government leaders would be in jail.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:56 AM

577 posts, read 435,902 times
As a liberal, my problem with Snowden is that he has and spilled secrets about the U.S to other countries.... it's dangerous for many reasons. They don't need to know

Old 01-25-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
As a liberal, my problem with Snowden is that he has and spilled secrets about the U.S to other countries.... it's dangerous for many reasons. They don't need to know
What secrets are those?

Old 01-25-2014, 11:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Snowden was a contractor. Government contractors do not swear oaths.

I have absolutely no problem with Snowden releasing the information to the media and fleeing the country, since we have a long history of prosecuting whistle-blowers in the US. I am grateful to Snowden for his courage in revealing that the NSA was violating the US Constitution by spying on American citizens.

Had Snowden stopped there, he would have had my full support. However, after fleeing the US he provided China, Russia, and other countries with national security information. That is where he crossed the line and became a traitor.

Revealing that the NSA is committing violations of the US Constitution against the American people is not treason, but revealing classified information to other governments is treason.
You have no idea if this was done or not and as already noted with absolutely no difference it would seem, these accusations about Manning were wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies