Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 03:51 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,737 times

Advertisements

Blacks ‘Being Pushed to the Back of the Bus’ in Favor of Gays and Lesbians

Will blacks to speak-up and raise hell with Obama over this?

Old 07-02-2013, 03:58 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
National Review. A conservative media outlet trying to stir up division.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:07 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Actually, they are being pushed to the back of the bus by illegal aliens. With the presence of them here they are suffering lost job opportunities more than any other group in this country. Apparently, the powers that be don't care and want to amnesty them so they can continue to hold jobs that blacks and other Americans need.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:10 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post

and illegals!

Enjoy!

Old 07-02-2013, 04:11 PM

674 posts, read 1,055,685 times
Why is a poor SCOTUS decision the fault of the LGBT or immigrant community.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:48 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Again, you are speaking to me personally. Why is that? You don't know me. How do you know what I advocate for and what I do not. Got a crystal ball there, sparky?

I care that blacks succeed in life and have the opportunity to climb up the ladder just like any other American in this country. You were saying?
You're right. I'm being unfair. What's your opinion on cuts to summer jobs bank programs? Or job training programs for adults?

Quote:
Democrats definitely do not care about blacks. If you think Democrats do care about blacks, then you are very ignorant.
Another guy whose argument against Blacks & Dems is "Dems treat Blacks as bad as Republicans would."

Old 07-02-2013, 05:48 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Blacks vote 90%+ for the democrats year in and year out without much effort expended on the Democrats part. Blacks also don't have much money. The main reason why Obama had his "evolution" on gay marriage is that gay money (a disproportionate number of Obama's bundlers were gay about 15%) threatened to stop after Amendment 1 passed in NC.

I mean I've been saying this for years until or unless Blacks are more strategic with their votes they will be regulated to political afterthought. To be manipulated by Dems as they see fit. Cornell thinks Blacks should be the center of the political world just because, well it don't work that way. Play the game or step aside.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:53 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Blacks vote 90%+ for the democrats year in and year out without much effort expended on the Democrats part. Blacks also don't have much money. The main reason why Obama had his "evolution" on gay marriage is that gay money (a disproportionate number of Obama's bundlers were gay about 15%) threatened to stop after Amendment 1 passed in NC.

I mean I've been saying this for years until or unless Blacks are more strategic with their votes they will be regulated to political afterthought. To be manipulated by Dems as they see fit. Cornell thinks Blacks should be the center of the political world just because, well it don't work that way. Play the game or step aside.
Edward, I've asked this of you and other Republicans. Answer either one:

A. What should Blacks be demanding of Democrats to justify their vote?

Or

B. How would the situation for Blacks be different under the Republican tent?

Old 07-02-2013, 05:54 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,237 times
I guess you could call it being pushed to the back of the bus. I certainly think Gay and Lesbian issues are grossly overrepresented in the media compared to issues primarily affecting blacks, or any other statistical minority for that matter. For any group that makes up 4% [by the most generous of estimates] of the population, regardless of whether they are gay straight, or cats and dogs, to have this much media coverage devoted to their cause for this long is completely disproportionate. Especially if you really look at the amount of minorities actually struggling financially compared to the gay/lesbian population.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:55 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:

Interestingly, the article doesn't say any such thing. It is simply commenting on a quote from Cornel West who has apparently decided that if one group gets equal rights some other group loses theirs, or some such nonsense.
No idea how allowing consenting adults to marry would impact income inequality for blacks or likewise any of the myriad of other issues they confront on a daily basis but I guess that even the good professor is not above resorting to the "they got something, we want something" whine practiced by children everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies