Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 07:21 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,032,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Welcome to politics.

Harry Reid put $500 Million in the Immigration Bill to promote Las Vegas.
The worst example I've seen was when Waxman attached a 500 page amendment to the climate bill 2AM the morning they were voting on it. That bill was easily the biggest one in decades if not a century.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 07:34 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
It is ridiculous however it's common from both parties....
Exactly. Look no further than the defense budget for the pork and add ons. Politicians have no shame.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:37 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,044,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
North Carolina Abortion Bill: State Senate Votes On Restrictive Measure

Yup, they knew they couldn't pass a bill without help, so they attach an anti-abortion bill to ANOTHER bill targeting "foreign laws".

Ridiculous
Don't act incredulous.

Both parties do it.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:37 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Tacked onto a bill to prevent Sharia law from ever taking over in North Carolina? Did they specifically design this bill for late-night comedians? The only thing missing was another rider declaring it a crime not to say Merry Christmas at least once every day in December.

You know, this gets asked a million times here, but what in the hell happened to the Republican Party?

Yes pretty underhanded, seems like abortion is the issue of the day with republicans, should do wonders for their election or non-election in 2014. Hard to believe states still concerned about sharia law by the way.

Great material for the Daily Show.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:38 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,248 times
Quote:

Yup, they knew they couldn't pass a bill without help, so they attach an anti-abortion bill to ANOTHER bill targeting "foreign laws".

Ridiculous
Why are you upset about piggyback legislation.??..this is the norm in Washington.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:40 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The worst example I've seen was when Waxman attached a 500 page amendment to the climate bill 2AM the morning they were voting on it. That bill was easily the biggest one in decades if not a century.
Well start a new thread on Waxman, this is North Carolina although it could have been Texas, Michigan or some of the other states that have devoted their lives to pro-abortion.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:17 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,761,033 times
Quote:
Not me personally, but I have relatives who do.

and does it matter? This kind of BS doesn't belong in ANY State.
It's not BS. It's what you get when you turn everything over to one party. It's just two assembly lines that meet in committee to work out the differences.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:

Ridiculous
OK, I don't agree with you on hardly anything on this subject but you've been fairly reasonable and logical so I'm not quite ready to call B.S. but tell me where the articles you are relying on say that the bill couldn't pass without help?

Yes, every bill has to have help. They don't write themselves and they don't jump down on the senate floor by themselves. This isn't School House Rock.

But what you are alleging is that the bill couldn't pass without this "trick". Show me what I missed on my quick read through that says that or is that a personal interpretation based up some knowledge of my state that I am unaware?

Old 07-02-2013, 08:30 PM

464 posts, read 479,251 times
North Carolina is about to cut off unemployment benefits for millions of people in their state......and they're worried about abortions? Hmm alrighty then

Old 07-02-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
North Carolina is about to cut off unemployment benefits for millions of people in their state......and they're worried about abortions? Hmm alrighty then
They're about to cut off more? I did not know that. I learn so much about my state here. For instance, that if millions were going to be cut off in "about" time then I'd bet that's close to the entire population of the state. I did not know the entire population of the state was on UI. For sake of argument I'm only counting those that would be eligible by having work credits.

Do tell me which cuts are about to happen since I am aware of none and you being from out of state know everything.

As far as faux statements I am surprised that someone in your position isn't aware of what the GOP's platform is. Or perhaps the Dem is a single issue party also.

Please explain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies