Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 10:00 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
What would that time limit be?

It's common sense that babies bring financial hardship on everyone except those who are wealthy, that doesnt require an extended amount of time to figure out.

How about from conception to 1 year old. Is that enough time, or too much?
No. I said enough time to allow the woman to make a decision. Can a woman abort a 1 year old child? No.
The great majority of abortions happen in the first trimester. So I would say from conception to 12 weeks gestation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 10:02 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,444,534 times
This is the dumbest discussion - EVER.

If a woman gets pregnant and wants to abort the fetus, what makes you think she is going to say A WORD to the "father" about it? She just goes and gets an abortion.

Her body. Her decisions.

The other comments about child support have NOT A THING to do with a discussion about "male rights" in regard to a woman's abortion.

The majority of women I know who got an abortion (the majority have been college-aged) didn't tell a soul about being pregnant (or about their abortions) except perhaps a few close friends or a family member who needed to help out with finances or taking them for their procedures. It was no one else's business.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:16 AM

1,137 posts, read 971,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
This is the dumbest discussion - EVER.

If a woman gets pregnant and wants to abort the fetus, what makes you think she is going to say A WORD to the "father" about it? She just goes and gets an abortion.

Her body. Her decisions.

The other comments about child support have NOT A THING to do with a discussion about "male rights" in regard to a woman's abortion.

The majority of women I know who got an abortion (the majority have been college-aged) didn't tell a soul about being pregnant (or about their abortions) except perhaps a few close friends or a family member who needed to help out with finances or taking them for their procedures. It was no one else's business.
Her decision = her finances.

Correct?

Old 07-03-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I've never been sued for being a deadbeat dad, so I wouldn't know
Well you just proved your ignorance about the entire family court system.

It helps to know what you are talking about before you voice your opinion about something.

Sadly, you dont let your ignorance muzzle you.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Her decision = her finances.

Correct?
What's your point?

Old 07-03-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
What's your point?
If a woman chooses to have a baby instead of an abortion, the financial responsibility for that baby should belong to the woman and her alone if the sperm donor didnt want a baby.

Equal rights right? If a woman makes a choice, no one has a fiduciary responsibility to subsidize her choice.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:33 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Quickly.
Apparently you haven't been thoroughly introduced to the court system.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:34 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,029,506 times
Quote:
If a woman chooses to have a baby instead of an abortion, the financial responsibility for that baby should belong to the woman and her alone if the sperm donor didnt want a baby.

Equal rights right? If a woman makes a choice, no one has a fiduciary responsibility to subsidize her choice.
I was going to write a response but somethings are just too absurdly childish to respond to.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:

Uh no.

If a man decides to have unprotected sex (or fails to get a vasectomy, knowing he doesn't want children) then he has made the decision at that moment in time to possibly be a Daddy. It takes two to be a Daddy. That sperm requires an egg.

I don't get your logic. If you are so opposed to paying to help raise the fruit of your loins, potato, looks like you would be praising any woman who decided to curtail that responsibility by choosing to abort.

Sounds to me like you are just mad cause you done got too many babies by too many baby mommas.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Uh no.

If a man decides to have unprotected sex (or fails to get a vasectomy, knowing he doesn't want children) then he has made the decision at that moment in time to possibly be a Daddy. It takes two to be a Daddy. That sperm requires an egg.

I don't get your logic. If you are so opposed to paying to help raise the fruit of your loins, potato, looks like you would be praising any woman who decided to curtail that responsibility by choosing to abort.

Sounds to me like you are just mad cause you done got too many babies by too many baby mommas.
I am a big fan of abortion, especially for minorities and low income women.

Accidents happen, condoms fail, they shouldnt equate to a minimum of 18 years of involuntary servitude for the male, especially if he is all for an abortion and the woman makes the choice to have the baby.

I chose to have 2 kids, then got snipped, that is the responsible thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies