Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 11:20 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,381,291 times

Advertisements

Are you looking for one answer in particular? Because you seem displeased with the responses you've received so far, even those rooted in personal experience.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:34 AM

107 posts, read 113,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Are you looking for one answer in particular? Because you seem displeased with the responses you've received so far, even those rooted in personal experience.
Yes, the real answer.
I'm not looking for a justification for Hate. There is NO justification for Hate. So all this crap about hating the south because the south is racist is a big fat lie. Northerners have given themselves permission to hate. It was obvious from clear out here in Colorado. And I've been looking at it long enough to know that all this crap about slavery and racism is a smoke screen. I just can't get passed the smoke screen.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
As someone who lives in one of the most hated cities in the most hated state in the Union, I feel your pain.
LOL I can't stand SF politics, but it's a beautiful city with a fascinating history, and good food.
I'm noticing a theme in my ratings of cities regarding food. Other than good beef, Colorado food isn't that interesting.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:41 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,451,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snardley View Post
I went to Google to See if I could find any academic explanation for this hatred and it directed me back to this website.

I also found out that this Northern bigotry has been under examination for a long time.

Hatred to the South. - NYTimes.com
Hatred to the South.

Published: June 5, 1861
Well at least you're posting a recent article to attempt to prove your point about this. Do you have the email of the writer, so I can applaud him on a good article? Is it still HerpDerp@Idiedonehundredandfiftyyearsago.net?

Also, if you read the first sentence of the article, it appears this writer is actually taking a point counter to yours in this thread...he says this "Northern Hate" was a tactic used by Southeners (pre-Civil War) to get others to join their cause...

...so, with that said, I can only assume you're trying to incite a second civil war. You could get hung for treason for doing this, you know.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Yes, the real answer.
I'm not looking for a justification for Hate. There is NO justification for Hate. So all this crap about hating the south because the south is racist is a big fat lie. Northerners have given themselves permission to hate. It was obvious from clear out here in Colorado. And I've been looking at it long enough to know that all this crap about slavery and racism is a smoke screen. I just can't get passed the smoke screen.
I've lived up north. I've lived down south. I don't think the hatred you're referring to is prevalent. Sounds like a lot of people on this thread have had a similar experience. So we don't know how to explain something that we don't know to be the case.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Well at least you're posting a recent article to attempt to prove your point about this. Do you have the email of the writer, so I can applaud him on a good article? Is it still HerpDerp@Idiedonehundredandfiftyyearsago.net?

Also, if you read the first sentence of the article, it appears this writer is actually taking a point counter to yours in this thread...he says this "Northern Hate" was a tactic used by Southeners (pre-Civil War) to get others to join their cause...

...so, with that said, I can only assume you're trying to incite a second civil war. You could get hung for treason for doing this, you know.
The Point of posting this article is as stated when I posted it. This perception of Northern hatred of the South is not a recent phenomenon. A debate about Northern bigotry is at least 152 years old. The content of the article or it's veracity is irrelevant to that point. So, it is NOT about this new awakening of equality, it's nothing more than a tradition. But all traditions have a first event. Now we know the first even was before June of 1861.

Now, please, Troll somewhere else.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:06 PM

1,312 posts, read 2,168,082 times
Give it up, your motives are transparent and everyone can see what your true issue is. People have offered tons of personal experiences with you that you reject because they do not fit your worldview. You don't listen. You don't learn. It's pointless to discuss anything with you. You also seem very, very angry.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
I've lived up north. I've lived down south. I don't think the hatred you're referring to is prevalent. Sounds like a lot of people on this thread have had a similar experience. So we don't know how to explain something that we don't know to be the case.
My post isn't out of left field. A debate about Northerners Hating Southerns has gone on for at least 152 years.

So, if you have nothing more to contribute to that debate, stop contributing.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
My post isn't out of left field. A debate about Northerners Hating Southerns has gone on for at least 152 years.

So, if you have nothing more to contribute to that debate, stop contributing.
You seemed interested in my experiences until they didn't jive with your own.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:09 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,489,019 times
Please don't use college aged liberals(see example below) to represent us.
most of us love the south
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies