Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 02:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
No, she thinks the US should find the right puppet to run Egypt the way the US wants Egypt to run because Egyptians are incapable of running their own country and incapable of being quick learners as to how to establish and implement democracy within six months. I don't think she realizes that she supports the MB. In spite of Morsi being a radical Islamist and his one year record, she believes he deserves to serve his term because he was democratically voted into office in spite of his undemocratic governing. It's the principle of democracy, not the actions of a radical Islamist that matters.
Actually I think the US should stay out of it but that is not our history.

I don't live in Egypt and I don't have to support anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 02:12 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No, I'm not pro-Morsi nor pro-Brotherhood.

The politics at play over who will rule Egypt is being fought above the people by outsiders.
In the end the people will be the losers. They always are.

The US owns the army. The US backed the Brotherhood. The US was cautious on Morsi and ignored the inhumanities that Morsi allowed..we could have cut funding.

The Ambassador in Egypt was a very vocal supporter of Morsi and the Embassy was evacuated when the military threw out Morsi.

I just don't think the elections in Egypt are above board and truly by the people.
I think there's heavy propaganda influencing them.
The US had to put on an appearance of accepting whoever won the elections last year, because the outcome was the result of democracy and free elections, and we always support that. However, I think US did influence the current events and the ousting of the islamists.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:14 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
No, I'm not pro-Morsi nor pro-Brotherhood.

The politics at play over who will rule Egypt is being fought above the people by outsiders.
In the end the people will be the losers. They always are.

The US owns the army. The US backed the Brotherhood. The US was cautious on Morsi and ignored the inhumanities that Morsi allowed..we could have cut funding.

The Ambassador in Egypt was a very vocal supporter of Morsi and the Embassy was evacuated when the military threw out Morsi.

I just don't think the elections in Egypt are above board and truly by the people.
I think there's heavy propaganda influencing them.
How many personalities do you have??

You have been going on about how Morsi was voted in based on a democratic election and should not have been ousted (that would be you supporting the MB), and now you state that you think the elections weren't above board and not by the people, which is to say that the voting process was corrupt, that he stole the election. That would be undemocratic. All the more reason to remove him from office!!!

Old 07-05-2013, 02:29 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
They elected him. He won by majority vote. He's in office for 4 years.
They need to learn about democracy and voting.
A military coup is the way they change their minds ?
What happens when they don't like the next elected President after a year ?
Another coup ?

I know what he did over that year. I also know that the US government kept their eyes closed, their mouth shut and continued to shovel money and debt forgiveness to them. The USG ignored what was going on until they couldn't anymore and now are trying to get on the other side of the fence.
He only won by 51% of the vote, and that is because they were given 2 dirtbags to vote for - this one lied to them and they chose what looked the better of 2 evils. Like what we end up doing here.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The US had to put on an appearance of accepting whoever won the elections last year, because the outcome was the result of democracy and free elections, and we always support that. However, I think US did influence the current events and the ousting of the islamists.
Obama has been in bed with the MB since 2009. He has filled the government with members of the MB. The MB has taken a different approach in developed countries to achieve their mission (jihad) which is to globalize Islam through a peaceful jihad. The MB is not welcomed in several ME countries and are considered a terrorist organization. If there are ME countries that take that position, you would think Obama would have reconsidered his position with the MB.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:56 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
How many personalities do you have??

You have been going on about how Morsi was voted in based on a democratic election and should not have been ousted (that would be you supporting the MB), and now you state that you think the elections weren't above board and not by the people, which is to say that the voting process was corrupt, that he stole the election. That would be undemocratic. All the more reason to remove him from office!!!
Just keep in mind that it was a military coup, not a people's rebellion that ousted Morsi.
It was a military coup before as well.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:16 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Israel speaks up....

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/06/wo...w-nytimes&_r=0

Old 07-05-2013, 03:19 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Morsy may be under house arrest.

A military coup is under-way, crushing the Muslim Brotherhood.

Now what? Civil war or democracy?
Ask Obama, he is the braniac on the left. I'm sure the Egyptian people are just dying to know who Obama will choose to be his next "*****"

Old 07-05-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Just keep in mind that it was a military coup, not a people's rebellion that ousted Morsi.
It was a military coup before as well.
And???

Old 07-05-2013, 04:25 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Obama has been in bed with the MB since 2009. He has filled the government with members of the MB. The MB has taken a different approach in developed countries to achieve their mission (jihad) which is to globalize Islam through a peaceful jihad. The MB is not welcomed in several ME countries and are considered a terrorist organization. If there are ME countries that take that position, you would think Obama would have reconsidered his position with the MB.
Now Obama is connected to the muslim brotherhood, who are the appointees? Seems like he should be cutting off military aid if you are correct but that's not the case is it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies