U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If Abortion Was Made Illegal What Should The Consequences Be For The Woman?
Nothing 2 3.08%
Mandatory Counselling 3 4.62%
Community Service 2 3.08%
Probation 1 1.54%
Jail Time 14 21.54%
I Don't Think Abortion Should Be Illegal 43 66.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 03:22 PM

33,414 posts, read 30,898,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post

If it was me I would have order her Uterus be taken out. Having babies is serious business. so therfore serious consequences follow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Sooooo..... what happens to the man who impregnates the woman? Does he get his penis cut off?

There are going to be a LOT of celibate men in your little world. (Where civil and human rights don't exist.)
Quote:
Stay on Topic. or are we done here? Start a new one on your question then.
i think dewdropinn was on topic. if you are going to suggest severe consequences for the female if abortions are made completely illegal, then the males should also face severe consequences.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 03:29 PM

593 posts, read 416,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i think dewdropinn was on topic. if you are going to suggest severe consequences for the female if abortions are made completely illegal, then the males should also face severe consequences.
"Men" is not in the OP line though. sorry. Are we done yet?

Old 07-03-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
"Men" is not in the OP line though. sorry. Are we done yet?
that may be true, but you suggested a radically extreme punishment for a female wanting an abortion illegally, and under the equal protection clause of the constitution, there must be an equally radically extreme punishment for the make that gets the female pregnant. fair is fair.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:32 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,119,700 times
Accountable to whom, BatWing?

Old 07-03-2013, 03:58 PM

295 posts, read 336,554 times
I've been thinking about this all wrong. I'm 100% in favor of making abortions illegal as long as there is no punishment or repercussion for anyone involved.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:07 PM

15,085 posts, read 13,214,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
for what? being pregnant?

If that's the case, then the man who made her pregnant should also suffer the consequences, like being castrated.

they already do. You still don't know what Personal responsibility is (hint: to reduce risk and fix mistakes when they happen).
Isn't that what women who have abortions do? Fixing a mistake? They're taking personal responsibility when they know they can't afford having another mouth to feed. You'd rather support these kids for 18 years with your tax dollars?

Old 07-03-2013, 04:54 PM

32,524 posts, read 33,976,129 times
Quote:
Are we done yet?
Nope. Not until you tell us if the little fascist- fear-mongering-woman-hating-rights-abusing society you want to build cuts off penises left and right.

No one hates women, human rights, civil rights, the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America as much the anti-choice crowd. It's like the last 240 years didn't even happen.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Gibson LP View Post
I've been thinking about this all wrong. I'm 100% in favor of making abortions illegal as long as there is no punishment or repercussion for anyone involved.
then why bother making abortions illegal? if we are going to make a law outlawing something, anything, there has to be a repercussion for breaking that law, otherwise it is an exercise in stupidity. doctors doing illegal things need to have their licenses revoked, and barred from the medical profession.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:14 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,120,926 times
Quote:
We are not a Muslim country.
Tell that to conservatives.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:19 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,120,926 times
Until all unwanted black, crack and fetal alcohol syndrome babies are adopted and living a good life in safe, suburban pro-life households, pro-lifer prosthelytizing is nothing more than fake, disingenuous, feel good, lip service
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies