Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If Abortion Was Made Illegal What Should The Consequences Be For The Woman?
Nothing 2 3.08%
Mandatory Counselling 3 4.62%
Community Service 2 3.08%
Probation 1 1.54%
Jail Time 14 21.54%
I Don't Think Abortion Should Be Illegal 43 66.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 08:10 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
No consequences for the woman. The doctor should be charged if he/she performs an abortion.
And another.

A woman contracts someone to "murder" her "baby" and she should have "no consequences."

You people are such phonies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 08:14 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
If the Law says Jail Time, then it will be jail time. and so on....but some kind of punishment should be handed down regardless..

If it was me I would have order her Uterus be taken out. Having babies is serious business. so therfore serious consequences follow.

I would go a step further and make it mandatory in schools to teach Personal Responsibility classes on Sex and Thinking. they go hand and hand.

The only way to curb reckless behavior when people won't do it themselves is to force a Big Brother plan on em to get their butts in line. Nobody rides for Free.

And if they got problems with too much Big Borther in their lives, then ManUp/WomanUp and take Personal Responsibility so the Government won't have to stick their greedy paws into your lives.

And those are your rights. the right to get off your keester and be accountable for your actions.. period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Sooooo..... what happens to the man who impregnates the woman? Does he get his penis cut off?

There are going to be a LOT of celibate men in your little world. (Where civil and human rights don't exist.)
DewDrop's right.

Especially if the woman getting pregnant was because of rape and, I'm def a dude.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:19 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Men get their panites in a wad...if someone wants to touch their gun, but dont have a problem with the "State" quite literally putting something up a woman's vagina in order to have a constitutionally protected abortion.

Cowards and hypocrites. Why dont you stand with women on their right?

Quote:
Transvaginal ultrasound is a test used to look at a woman's reproductive organs, including the uterus, ovaries, and cervix. Transvaginal means across or through the vagina.

You will lie down on a table with your knees bent. Your feet may be held in stirrups.

You will be given a probe, called a transducer, to place into the vagina. The probe is covered with a condom and a gel.
  • The probe sends out sound waves, which reflect off body structures. A computer receives these waves and uses them to create a picture.
  • The ultrasound technician or doctor can see the picture on a TV monitor.
  • The health care provider will move the probe around the area to see the pelvic organs.
here's a thought..if you want your 2nd amendment right to a firearm, let the "state" stick it up your ass first.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:22 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times
In America, in order to be socially acceptable one MUST believe abortion is acceptable in all circumstances, even third trimester or possibly even post-mortem abortions. I believe abortion is murder if performed after the fetus is viable. If that makes me a backwards, uneducated, ignorant, redneck, waste of flesh and blood Neanderthal then so be it.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:28 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
In America, in order to be socially acceptable one MUST believe abortion is acceptable in all circumstances, even third trimester or possibly even post-mortem abortions. I believe abortion is murder if performed after the fetus is viable. If that makes me a backwards, uneducated, ignorant, redneck, waste of flesh and blood Neanderthal then so be it.
So did the Supreme court. 24weeks.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:29 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post

If it was me I would have order her Uterus be taken out. Having babies is serious business. so therfore serious consequences follow.
Then rapists should have their penis and testicles removed....after all....making babies is serious business......therefore, serious consequences.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:30 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
WTF is a "post-mortem" abortion?

Old 07-04-2013, 08:51 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There is a plant growing in my garden that will cause a miscarriage. How would you know if I had a miscarriage or ate something that caused a miscarriage?
Will there be investigators that cover every miscarriage to ensure no foul play?
10% - 20% of known pregnancies miscarry, do we punish those women?

Do we punish women who don't eat well or exercise?
Do we punish women who don't take their vitamins?
Do we punish women who smoke or drink?
IF a woman slips and falls causing a miscarriage is it negligent homicide?
There are plenty of natural abortifacients, many common herbs that we use for seasoning can cause a misscarriage if drank in a strong decoction, but who drinks a strong rosemary tea, it is very bitter and potent.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:59 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Right, that is what I thought, what is a post mortem abortion. Post mortem is after death. How do you do an abortion after death and I assume he means the death of the mother. That is an autopsy. Maybe he needs to explain it better.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:09 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times
Quote:
Actually I used the wrong term. What I was trying to say is a situation where a baby is viable and survives an attempted abortion. Should that baby be left on the counter to die or should it be saved?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies