Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2013, 11:24 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What evidence? So far there has not been a witness or a testimony strong enough to even begin to find Z guilty...Is he, who knows? Will the case take another turn when the defense starts in? who knows, but it the testimony was over, right now, I can't believe anyone can think there has been enough to find Z guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. This isn't about how you might feel or what you would like to see happen, it is about facts...and testimony.
Well, if part of this conversation is not about how people feel and their assessment of the testimony, then why do you voice YOUR OPINION that there has not been strong enough evidence or witnesses to begin to find Z guilty? WHAT IS THAT OTHER THAN YOUR OPINION???

It is my opinion, I have been convinced, by the evidence presented by the State at this point that Zimmerman is a liar and I do not believe his statements of self defense, RIGHT NOW, as of this point in the trial.

As for "facts" and "testimony"......I would guess you don't have a clue what that really means in legal terms. You can start with this link and see if it helps.

QUESTION OF FACT:

"An issue that involves the resolution of a factual dispute or controversy and is within the sphere of the decisions to be made by a jury.
A question of fact is a factual dispute between litigants that must be resolved by the jury at trial. It is an issue that is material to the outcome of the case and requires an interpretation of conflicting views on the factual circumstances surrounding the case."

Question of Fact legal definition of Question of Fact. Question of Fact synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:25 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,640,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
A high school senior.....wait for it

Spoiler
SHOULD BE ABLE TO READ CURSIVE!!

Maybe the school didn't teach it?? Are you serious!!??

When they teach cursive...it's between grades 2-4...so that would have been in 2001 or so for Ms.Jenteal. Sorry, the marginalization of cursive wasn't in full force by that point. They still teach it today because there is still the need to sign your signature.
And her signature was the only think she could read.

All my children are way,way past school age; I have no idea what's being taught.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:25 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,307,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Pssssssssssssttttttttttttttt: George wasn't following Trayvon. He was looking for an address for dispatch.

/end
This is not a proven fact. We only have George's statement that he was looking for an address. You accept his creditability 110%. Others might place his creditability at 75% when he's in a situation where he's trying to keep himself out of prison.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:27 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
The TM cheerleading gang here can not even remember what was testified to last week!

The TM cheerleading gang thinks HNL is part of the testimony.

Some are even admitting they haven't been watching the actual trial.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:30 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Can you provide any substantiation of that in the Miami Dade School system?

When was the last time you attended schools in Miami?
Oh for heavens sake, of course the school taught it 10 years ago. It if were today, maybe you would have a leg to stand on, but you know very well, 10 years ago it was being taught. I will say, I felt sorry for her, she was a lousy witness, didn't want to be there and obviously did appear to not be the brightest light in the chandelier.

Let's just say, some witnesses are more believable than others, she wasn't one of them.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Cursive Writing Becoming a Lost Art in Florida Schools | District Administration Magazine

Core curriculum standards are statewide and this article was written well after Miss Jenteal completed said grades.

So, we can glean two things from Ms.Jenteals upbringing...

#1 - she didn't pay attention in school

and

#2 - she had parents who couldn't provide and/or didn't care to provide the pertinent skill.

So coming full circle to the original point...

Does GZ attending college for criminal justice prove that he retained the information relayed or not.
No. 3 - perhaps she had no reason or requirement to practice reading and writing in cursive after the 2nd, 3rd grades.

Was she required to use cursive in school in later years to take tests? Was she required to write papers in cursive for homework or otherwise in school? Were written tests given to students in cursive?

It's sort of like someone teaching you certain painting skills and techniques to paint portraits when you're in the early grades. If you never use those skills by painting portraits after having been taught, you will forget them and years later not be able to use them or explain them to anyone else.

As for Zimmerman retaining the information he learned at Seminole State College, the proof that he retained some of that information is clearly exhibited in his self defense claim.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:32 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
There will be no "opening" unless it comes from the prosecution side. The prosecution is not going to ask any questions which will open that door on cross examination for sure. Defense witnesses who might blurt out something about Martin's reputation/character (which is what that fighting stuff you so want to see get into this trial is), there should be an immediate objection to being "non-responsive" to the specific question, and the Court most likely will sustain such an objection. I've seen it hundreds of times. You do know the differences in questions asked on direct vs. cross examination, don't you. However, IF that door is legally opened and Judge Nelson denies the evidence, the case will be overturned on appeal.

Martin's "real physical attributes" can be found in the autopsy report: His height and weight. Period.
If someone invents a 'humility diet' you should be the 1st one on it. No matter how oftenyou're wrong, the pomposity remains the same ---

Of course the toxicology report will be admitted into evidence

Of course the Medical Examiner will narrow down the distance of the shot [after all, you dated an ME]

Of course Zimmerman will have to testify

Of course Martin died immediately and couldn't possibly move or speak

Of course the defense must PROVE gz acted in self defense

All wrong, among others.

You're also among the select few who could actually HEAR tm begging for his life on the 911 call.

I remember these things beause I read your posts to see what you've learned about FL. law from typing briefs for the lawyers you work for. There's nothing wrong with being wrong. Most people, however, would lower their superiority level and stop touting their self-proclaimed expertise with a record like yours.
----------------
Physical attributes include more than height and weight

Because gz's martial arts skills have been mentioned at least twice by state witnesses and by guy in opening, I want tm's willingness to fight and ability admitted for a fair trial.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:33 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba juneau View Post
The facts so far: rainy night, young unsupervised teenager with background of having stolen things found on his person, smoking, growing and selling dope and carrying a slim Jim tool around peering into houses in the rain sees strange man following him. He is highly pissed at his game being interrupted and decides to hide in bushes and ambush Z. Ditches little pry tool in bushes approaches with MMa style surprise attack and fails to reconcile that Florida has a very active conceal carry state with many of its citizens male and female alike having concealed weapons.
Why Z chose to be so vigilant is a fair question. It does however offer no legitimacy, absolutely none, to being attacked. Move along there is nothing else to see here.
Your so-called "facts" are, at the minimum, speculation, and at most, out and out lies (i.e., there was no "pry tool" - quit lying - there is no evidence he was selling dope - quit lying).

Old 07-07-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh for heavens sake, of course the school taught it 10 years ago. It if were today, maybe you would have a leg to stand on, but you know very well, 10 years ago it was being taught. I will say, I felt sorry for her, she was a lousy witness, didn't want to be there and obviously did appear to not be the brightest light in the chandelier.

Let's just say, some witnesses are more believable than others, she wasn't one of them.
In YOUR OPINION she wasn't one of them.

Let me repeat:

No. 3 - perhaps she had no reason or requirement to practice reading and writing in cursive after the 2nd, 3rd grades.

Was she required to use cursive in school in later years to take tests? Was she required to write papers in cursive for homework or otherwise in school? Were written tests given to students in cursive?

It's sort of like someone teaching you certain painting skills and techniques to paint portraits when you're in the early grades. If you never use those skills by painting portraits after having been taught, you will forget them and years later not be able to use them or explain them to anyone else.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:35 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba juneau View Post
Are you guys still debating this and trying to send an innocent man to jail because of the political interests of low life white politicians looking to corral the black vote and low life black race baiters looking to get the free press and continue their lavish lifestyles built around fomenting racial distrust and even hatred.
If you buy into this you better hope Z doesnt go to jail else we all will be questioning our rights of self defense.
The facts so far: rainy night, young unsupervised teenager with background of having stolen things found on his person, smoking, growing and selling dope and carrying a slim Jim tool around peering into houses in the rain sees strange man following him. He is highly pissed at his game being interrupted and decides to hide in bushes and ambush Z. Ditches little pry tool in bushes approaches with MMa style surprise attack and fails to reconcile that Florida has a very active conceal carry state with many of its citizens male and female alike having concealed weapons.
Why Z chose to be so vigilant is a fair question. It does however offer no legitimacy, absolutely none, to being attacked. Move along there is nothing else to see here.

Do you know the rules of evidence? Blah blah blah...blah blah blah blah.. blah blah blah
Blah blah blah...blah blah blah blah.. blah blah blah Blah blah blah...blah blah blah blah.. blah blah blah

Are you a trained attorney? Blah blah blah...blah blah blah blah.. blah blah blah Blah blah blah...blah blah blah blah.. blah blah blah

Blah blah blah...blah blah blah blah.. blah blah blah Blah blah blah...blah blah blah blah.. blah blah blah

I suggest watching this in its entirety.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/perry_mason...-legged-models

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies