Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 10:01 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Comments from elsewhere.
They were the ME's personal notes.

If he didn't reveal them to prosecution or defense prior to his testimony, he did nothing wrong.

He conducted his own independent research on the issues therein.

Kudos, ME!

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
...was taught to NEVER point your weapon at anyone unless you plan on using it.
Well, isn't that exactly the way it happened?

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I doubt if the fact that TM was in pain for a short period of time will bother the jury if they find the shooting was justified. At the most it might have a bearing on sentencing, if they find it wasn't justified.
You really think that five mothers will not be concerned about Trayvon being in pain and suffering before he died? Really?

Actually, it might to go one the elements of 2nd degree murder rather than sentencing. Sentences are determined mostly by the Sentencing Guidelines....sometimes, one side or the other asks for a deviation in the sentence either upward or downward. However, I think the pain and suffering goes to an element of 2nd degree murder.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:03 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
O'Mara smiling as he looks at something in the notes. Bao calls across the courtroom- "Is there something funny in there?" lol
Maybe his doodles have O'mara with horns.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:04 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,755,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Wonder what the jury will make of this guy??
With an all-woman jury, what can you expect? They're more than likely going to convict him and the reason is going to be "Because I'm a mom!!!"

Old 07-05-2013, 10:05 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
They were the ME's personal notes.

If he didn't reveal them to prosecution or defense prior to his testimony, he did nothing wrong.

He conducted his own independent research on the issues therein.

Kudos, ME!
Bringing those personal notes into court and referring to them during testimony was a HUGE, HUGE mistake by the M.E. and the prosecution for not making sure he understood that rule about any notes they take to the witness stand CAN and WILL be given to the opposite party if they refer to them.

Just heard an attorney on CNN say that if there is any "Brady" evidence in those personal notes, there will be big trouble.....my guess would be that that would be the end of this trial. Brady evidence is evidence which would go to help the defense that the prosecution did not turn over to the Defense prior to trial. It's a Big Deal.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:06 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
With an all-woman jury, what can you expect? They're more than likely going to convict him and the reason is going to be "Because I'm a mom!!!"
You do realize that I'm a woman right? Oh and to add, I couldn't disagree more with you. Personally, I think women make excellent jurors because they tend to be more detail oriented in my opinion.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:06 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Except, of course, when it's "god's plan."
Hey, you can't fight that!

Remember Jericho?

If I didn't take timely (not contemporaneous) notes, I might confuse Jericho with the Alamo.

Whamo! Blamo! (Respectively)

Old 07-05-2013, 10:07 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You really think that five mothers will not be concerned about Trayvon being in pain and suffering before he died? Really?

Actually, it might to go one the elements of 2nd degree murder rather than sentencing. Sentences are determined mostly by the Sentencing Guidelines....sometimes, one side or the other asks for a deviation in the sentence either upward or downward. However, I think the pain and suffering goes to an element of 2nd degree murder.
That goes to the ability of the jurors, in this case women, to think logically. Are you saying they can't? Doesn't that go against what someone said, possibly you, when I was called a misogynist, because I quipped that the women on the jury might not be able to use logic?

If they find that self defense is reasonable here, that means that TM needed to be shot. I hope that a woman would have more than just emotion to work with when sitting in a jury.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:09 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
I think I saw Dr Bao in a Men In Black movie.

Wasn't he the one with the little alien inside operating like a robot ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies