Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 02:40 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,631,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
I’ve hear the Prosecutor make 2-3 claims that are outright lies from the evidence presented in the case. That cannot be accidental.

If I was on the jury I would be highly insulted.
Admittedly, I dozed and walked the dog, so I missed some stuff, but I don't think the jury is present for this snafu.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:41 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,729,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Zimmerman was not the police, he only thought he was.
I'll give you one reply today, OK?

That's the states case. They are saying that because of Zim's "police training" he committed the crime. You can not see the fallacy in that?

Old 07-05-2013, 02:42 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,631,076 times
What's her name, Wanda Sykes could play DeeDee. She's got the same mouth.

11,186 posts, read 6,477,748 times
Default For those who Don't believe it was self defense

Do you think the prosecution proved murder 2 with proof beyond a reasonable doubt ?

Murder 2 --- An unlawful killing [not justifiable self defense] by an act imminently dangerous to another and demonstrating a depraved mind without regard for human life

An "act" includes a series of related actions arising from and performed pursuant to a single design or purpose.

An act is "imminently dangerous to another and demonstrating a depraved mind" if it is an act or series of acts that:

1. a person of ordinary judgment would know is reasonably certain to kill or do serious bodily injury to another, and

2. is done from ill will, hatred, spite, or an evil intent, and

3. is of such a nature that the act itself indicates an indifference to human life.

It is not necessary for the state to prove the defendant had an intent to cause death.

26,312 posts, read 14,910,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You're forgetting that Zimmerman claims he didn't know he'd killed Martin so, if he was screaming for help, why would he quit yelling for help when the gun went off?
Because Martin lost power and was no longer pinning Zimmerman down and bashing his head.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:43 PM

3,090 posts, read 3,956,866 times
Oh stop the drama. No attorney is going to outright lie to the court and lose their Bar license. You've been ranting on here all afternoon like you're about ready to jump off a bridge. The Jury is not hearing this legal argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
I’ve hear the Prosecutor make 2-3 claims that are outright lies from the evidence presented in the case. That cannot be accidental.

If I was on the jury I would be highly insulted.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:43 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,742,731 times
Jackie Chan for ME!!!

Old 07-05-2013, 02:45 PM

3,090 posts, read 3,956,866 times
Martin had a right to defend himself just as much as Zimmerman. All Zimmerman had to do was one of two things: stay in the car if he really was as afraid of Martin as he told the police he was or tell Martin he was the neighborhood watch guy and ask him what he was doing around there. There is no evidence whatsoever that Martin would not have respected that authority. Zimmerman never gave him the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Because Martin lost power and was no longer pinning Zimmerman down and bashing his head.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:46 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,621,137 times
You Zimmerman supporters say the prosecutions got nothing yet when posters like myself and Carolac spell out what they have, you don't reply. So you don't seem to have valid arguments. Either that or you only read your own posts.

Any of these points that any of you choose to refute?:

Why did the screaming stop right when the shot got fired? Why would Zimmerman be screaming as he was reaching and maneuvering and pointing the gun? Why was there no muffling of the screams at any point, or right before the shot since at that point Zimmerman claimed Trayvon's full body weight was on the hands pressed against Zimmerman's face?

In Zimmerman's account to his best friend, he swore that he was attempting to scoot off the sidewalk as Trayvon was above him with his knees to Zimmerman's armpits yet at the same time Trayvon supposedly noticed the gun and went for it, which is physically impossible. Trayvon would have had to have had eyes at the back of his head and reach behind him to get the gun.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:46 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,896,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Do you think the prosecution proved murder 2 with proof beyond a reasonable doubt ?

Murder 2 --- An unlawful killing [not justifiable self defense] by an act imminently dangerous to another and demonstrating a depraved mind without regard for human life

An "act" includes a series of related actions arising from and performed pursuant to a single design or purpose.

An act is "imminently dangerous to another and demonstrating a depraved mind" if it is an act or series of acts that:

1. a person of ordinary judgment would know is reasonably certain to kill or do serious bodily injury to another, and

2. is done from ill will, hatred, spite, or an evil intent, and

3. is of such a nature that the act itself indicates an indifference to human life.

It is not necessary for the state to prove the defendant had an intent to cause death.
Depraved Mind...evil intent...

Absolutely not...

But what about hatred?

He hated petty criminals...and he perceived Martin to be one, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies