Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 02:48 PM

17,400 posts, read 14,631,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
You Zimmerman supporters say the prosecutions got nothing yet when posters like myself and Carolac spell out what they have, you don't reply. So you don't seem to have valid arguments. Either that or you only read your own posts.

Sigh.

Because they've been answered time and time again and you continue to ask the same questions.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:48 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Martin had a right to defend himself just as much as Zimmerman. All Zimmerman had to do was one of two things: stay in the car if he really was as afraid of Martin as he told the police he was or tell Martin he was the neighborhood watch guy and ask him what he was doing around there. There is no evidence whatsoever that Martin would not have respected that authority. Zimmerman never gave him the chance.
How do you know Zimmerman was afraid of Martin?

He may not have been afraid til he was getting pummeled...

Old 07-05-2013, 02:49 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Sigh.

Because they've been answered time and time again and you continue to ask the same questions.
LOL yes!

It's like a broken record.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:49 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Sigh.

No, they have not been answered, or I wouldn't be asking.

Zimmerman supporters just want to spout nonsense but none of you so far here this afternoon will argue anything substantive.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:50 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Martin had a right to defend himself just as much as Zimmerman. All Zimmerman had to do was one of two things: stay in the car if he really was as afraid of Martin as he told the police he was or tell Martin he was the neighborhood watch guy and ask him what he was doing around there. There is no evidence whatsoever that Martin would not have respected that authority. Zimmerman never gave him the chance.
How do you know that Zimmerman attacked Martin and therefore Martin was defending himself? I don't know who started the physical confrontation.

If I think someone might be following me, does it give me the right to sucker punch them and then smash their head against the ground?

If Martin thought he was being followed in a threatening way, could he have called 9-11 (he was already on his cell phone) - or simply went home?

Old 07-05-2013, 02:50 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Zimmerman reached for his cell phone (by his own testimony on video) at the very time that Trayvon and he were face to face. Trayvon mistakenly thought that GZ was reaching for a weapon as anyone would have thought at that moment. TM reacted to this by socking GZ in the kisser which knocked GZ off his feet and onto the ground, hence, the booboos on his head. Since Trayvon already assumed that GZ had a weapon, he jumped on him to prevent him from reaching and using that weapon, not realizing that the gun was not in the pocket of GZ's jacket, but instead, under the jacket. Very plausible scenario.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 07-05-2013 at 02:59 PM..

Old 07-05-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
LOL yes!

It's like a broken record.
Please post a link to a question that you have ever answered with a substantive discussion of the evidence.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:51 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Sigh.

Yes and the answers are never accepted.

At this point everyone has an opinion and testimony doesn't seem to be altering anyone's mind.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:52 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times
I personally would like to see the Judge rule to Deny. There is so much passion and emotion involved, I would like more facts about Trayvon to come out. I would like the Defense to bring in their witnesses. I am sure there will still be a lot of emotion, but more facts may be helpful.

As I was typing this she did rule to Deny. Good!

Old 07-05-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yes and the answers are never accepted.

At this point everyone has an opinion and testimony doesn't seem to be altering anyone's mind.
None of you have answered these questions. I have asked these several times, and I've read every page of these threads.

So, PLEASE, answer away:

Why did the screaming stop right when the shot got fired? Why would Zimmerman be screaming as he was reaching and maneuvering and pointing the gun? Why was there no muffling of the screams at any point, or right before the shot since at that point Zimmerman claimed Trayvon's full body weight was on the hands pressed against Zimmerman's face?

In Zimmerman's account to his best friend, he swore that he was attempting to scoot off the sidewalk as Trayvon was above him with his knees to Zimmerman's armpits yet at the same time Trayvon supposedly noticed the gun and went for it, which is physically impossible. Trayvon would have had to have had eyes at the back of his head and reach behind him to get the gun. Please refute that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies