Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 08:08 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,776 times

Advertisements

I hope this defense blows the state to glass.....it would make my year to see JUSTICE SERVED

Old 07-05-2013, 08:08 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
For not knowing a lot for certain, would you still be willing to convict? With so many questions and few facts would you be willing to say Guilty on 2nd degree murder?
Given that in Florida the definition of 2nd degree murder is :

The unlawful killing of a human being, when perpetrated by any act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual, is murder in the second degree and constitutes a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life or as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

I think at this point there is reasonable doubt as to the "depraved mind" aspect, but then again that is the part of the definition that is least clear to me.

Maybe a manslaughter conviction would be more suitable.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:09 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Do you think that maybe the smothering thing stopped when Z drew the gun?
Stop being logical!

It's like, "Oh, snap!" LOL!

Old 07-05-2013, 08:10 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,209,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
No, and partly because you are assuming that TM spent a prolonged period of time inflicting injuries on GZ, and I don't agree. There is no evidence that Trayvon spent any substantial length of time beating Zimmerman, or "inflicting injuries" on Zimmerman.

All of Zimmerman's injuries could be from being punched on the nose, and his head hitting the pavement, and maybe a few seconds of tussling. John Good saw a few seconds of the fight, and later conceded that it may not even have been punches that he saw. We have no evidence other than Zimmerman's story that Trayvon was ever trying to smother him and his supposed cries.

We simply do not know the details of the struggle, except for Zimmerman's version, and Trayvon cannot speak. We only have Zimmerman's word that upon meeting up with Trayvon that he reached for his phone, and not his gun. Why would he emphasize that he didn't even know he had his gun on him, until Trayvon saw it and starting reaching for it? Which of course puts the emphasis on Trayvon for escalating a fist fight into a mortal struggle, and the "tonight's your night to die ***"---again he had to emphasize so much that Trayvon intended to kill him.

I don't believe Zimmerman was screaming for help. I think by the time we hear the shrieks, the gun was in play somehow, maybe Trayvon desperately trying to restrain Zimmerman from reaching his gun.
It is also suspect that George states he never leaves home without wearing his gun...Hannity interview....Then, besides not knowing the street, when there were only two others besides his street in the whole complex...He "forgot" he had his gun on him....Just doesn't jive.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:11 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,727,794 times
I've watched almost all of the state's case and still have absolutely no idea what their version of events is supposed to be. Even in their arguing against the JOA, they still didn't give any theory whatsoever about what happened.

I know George took some criminal justice classes several years ago. I know he once rode along with the police. I know he once applied to be a policeman, in another state. I know he called NEN, and that he got out of the car. After that, I know he shot Trayvon. And the state proved that Trayvon was on top of him hitting him at some point. They even managed to prove that Trayvon hit Zimmerman's head against concrete.

None of those separate items dispute Zimmerman's statement of events. I would put more weight on inconsistencies, but both detectives said they didn't find the inconsistencies to be concerning. And those still don't give an alternate theory of the event.

The prosecution has given us a lot of innuendo and proven some facts consistent with Zimmerman's account. They never, throughout their entire 2 weeks, gave us a alternative theory for what happened that made it 2nd degree murder.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:11 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
No, and partly because you are assuming that TM spent a prolonged period of time inflicting injuries on GZ, and I don't agree. There is no evidence that Trayvon spent any substantial length of time beating Zimmerman, or "inflicting injuries" on Zimmerman.

All of Zimmerman's injuries could be from being punched on the nose, and his head hitting the pavement, and maybe a few seconds of tussling. John Good saw a few seconds of the fight, and later conceded that it may not even have been punches that he saw. We have no evidence other than Zimmerman's story that Trayvon was ever trying to smother him and his supposed cries.

We simply do not know the details of the struggle, except for Zimmerman's version, and Trayvon cannot speak. We only have Zimmerman's word that upon meeting up with Trayvon that he reached for his phone, and not his gun. Why would he emphasize that he didn't even know he had his gun on him, until Trayvon saw it and starting reaching for it? Which of course puts the emphasis on Trayvon for escalating a fist fight into a mortal struggle, and the "tonight's your night to die ***"---again he had to emphasize so much that Trayvon intended to kill him.

I don't believe Zimmerman was screaming for help. I think by the time we hear the shrieks, the gun was in play somehow, maybe Trayvon desperately trying to restrain Zimmerman from reaching his gun.
Impossible that the gun was in play early on in the screaming. Goode testified the screams were heard long before he went outside. There was no gun in play when he went outside. Don't you think TM would have yelled to Goode about the gun. And why wouldn't he get off and try to get away from the gun. It's fact that when guns come out, people try to get away from them. It is not natural to move toward a gun.I studied that when becoming a licensed self defense firearm instructor.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:12 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I hope this defense blows the state to glass.....it would make my year to see JUSTICE SERVED
I do too! I am especially incensed over the distortions the media put out on this case, and the line of incompetent witnesses with no credibility. Good grief - is lying the new normal?

Old 07-05-2013, 08:14 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,209,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Stop being logical!

It's like, "Oh, snap!" LOL!
I think if he were being smothered, and he were screaming for help, there would have been breaks in those screams. Trayvon was the one screaming. Like the other poster, I have no doubts that George had his gun pulled much earlier in the true story.
Both George's best friend, and George's Dad have written books, before the trial?? Opportunistic.

Last edited by JanND; 07-05-2013 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: edit text

Old 07-05-2013, 08:15 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,171,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I do too! I am especially incensed over the distortions the media put out on this case, and the line of incompetent witnesses with no credibility. Good grief - is lying the new normal?
In politics, yes and this case is pretty political.

Look at all the politicians that have called for GZ's head. If Obama only had a son.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:17 PM

17,373 posts, read 14,626,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I've watched almost all of the state's case and still have absolutely no idea what their version of events is supposed to be. Even in their arguing against the JOA, they still didn't give any theory whatsoever about what happened.

I know George took some criminal justice classes several years ago. I know he once rode along with the police. I know he once applied to be a policeman, in another state. I know he called NEN, and that he got out of the car. After that, I know he shot Trayvon. And the state proved that Trayvon was on top of him hitting him at some point. They even managed to prove that Trayvon hit Zimmerman's head against concrete.

None of those separate items dispute Zimmerman's statement of events. I would put more weight on inconsistencies, but both detectives said they didn't find the inconsistencies to be concerning. And those still don't give an alternate theory of the event.

The prosecution has given us a lot of innuendo and proven some facts consistent with Zimmerman's account. They never, throughout their entire 2 weeks, gave us a alternative theory for what happened that made it 2nd degree murder.
Exactly.

If I were to believe the state ... well, I wouldn't know what I'm supposed to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies