Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 04:04 PM

17,312 posts, read 14,596,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Yes, from being severely punched, which is evidenced by his concussion and broken nose, and the fact that he did die. George Zimmerman has no evidence of being severely beaten. And the boy who did it was not charged, and so far has not been charged more than a year later, because I guess it was considered a freak accident. The boy did not go to trial and get acquitted, he was not charged. Plus, the victim was a child, and had done nothing to warrant the incident, and even then the bully was not charged.
George Zimmerman's medical reports speak of a broken nose, two black eyes and several lacerations & swelling on his scalp. I don't know why you keep denying it - the reports and doctor's testimony is out there.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:14 PM

40,948 posts, read 49,138,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
People have been killed by a single blow to the head... Anytime you are attacked, even if it's one punch, it is a life or death situation.. The right punch in the right place can be deadly...
All it takes is one good hit. Take a look at the kid who could be Trayvons brother.

Teen convicted in videotaped beating death in West Rogers Park - chicagotribune.com

Quote:
One of the teens, Malik Jones, now 17, announced, "I think I'm gonna knock out this (expletive)," and then started the video recorder on his cellphone. The phone ended up in Malcolm's hands, prosecutors said, before Jones punched Mora once in the jaw. Mora fell and struck his head on concrete.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:21 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,403,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
At the first swing. Thats all thats needed.
In Florida it seems that there is the condition that the claim of self defense and being in fear of losing your life has to be a what a "reasonable" person would fear under the circumstances.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:21 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,931,169 times
ellemint.. I did a quick google search and came up with a number of incidents where someone was killed by one punch to the head, to include the teen that killed a soccer ref. at a game... Im not going to waste my time and effort posting them all, but there are definetly plenty of examples if you want to find them... Of coarse this will not fit your narrative well...

Old 07-04-2013, 04:32 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,356,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
You let the gun do the fighting for you. Typical phony tough-guy right-winger.

I let my brain do my fighting for me and leave physical confrontations to lower animals.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:06 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,943,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
There is no "one answer fits all" with this topic. A 20+ may be well better off fighting off an attack. A 70 year old maybe not. All of that would be taken into consideration by the gestapo.

As a 70 yr old, you don't get much slack from me. That said I won't be smart mouthing anyone else soon either.
Well, for me personally, it is the moment a person starts physically attacking with any persistence. I have seen far too many reports where a simple fist fight turned into manslaughter because a guy was knocked down and cracked his head.

It really is simple, if people don't want to risk being killed, don't physically attack another.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:08 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,943,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
In Florida it seems that there is the condition that the claim of self defense and being in fear of losing your life has to be a what a "reasonable" person would fear under the circumstances.
Which can be "reasonably" argued to be at the first contact of such physical force. I have seen reports of a 150 lb guy knocking down a 300 lb guy where he hit his head on a curb and died. One action resulted in death. It is reasonable to assume that the action of another in a physical altercation can endanger the life of another.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:15 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,112,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You are armed. Someone punches you, knocks you down and starts swinging at you. How long, legally, should you have to wait before shooting your attacker?
If someone comes within arm's reach of me and I have told him to stop. Then I can only assume that he wishes to kill me. At that point he is toast. Even if he never lays a hand on me before he goes down.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-04-2013, 05:19 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,931,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
If someone comes within arm's reach of me and I have told him to stop. Then I can only assume that he wishes to kill me. At that point he is toast. Even if he never lays a hand on me before he goes down.

20yrsinBranson
I would never intentionally let anyone get that close to me that is aggresive...

Old 07-04-2013, 05:21 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,382,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I would never intentionally let anyone get that close to me that is aggresive...
Zimmerman is a huggy bear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.