Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 01:55 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Here's how I see the Zimmerman case:

He started it, he continued it, and he ended it.

Trayvon was just a high school student on his way home from the store, just a kid in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think so many people have had to demonize Trayvon because the idea that an innocent kid was gun downed like he was is just so horrific, that you have to justify it by thinking of Trayvon as a "thug", when he had absolutely no history of violent crime. None.
Perhaps you should watch the case. So far it is far from the tale that the evidence is producing... So far, Zimmerman is looking like an innocent man...

Old 07-04-2013, 01:55 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You are armed. Someone punches you, knocks you down and starts swinging at you. How long, legally, should you have to wait before shooting your attacker?
If you're white and they're black, you're not allowed to shoot them. Otherwise, you're a racist, bigot, gunnut conservative.

Oh, and obama's son, Martin, was a thug and got exactly what he deserved, just as the jury will conclude.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:56 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I think Zimmerman could get convicted of manslaughter.
Possibly, but I'm not sure you could even make that conviction.. The evidence doesn't support it at this time.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:57 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Well, if he tried to make a grab for my gun, I'd feel justified in shooting him.

Might be too late then.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:57 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Why would I cry...He didnt murder my kid.
But if he did, would he look like you....

Old 07-04-2013, 02:00 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Good grief the ignorance! Some of you may really want to watch this video so that one day you won't end up with a murder charge.

Massad Ayoob - Cato Institute - Stand Your Ground Laws - YouTube

Old 07-04-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
What was written. In the history of the world? in this forum? in the last book i read?...Im sorry Im not a mind reader.

you're boring me. spit it out or move on...
You really are special, aren't you....

O.K., kindergarten easy, just for you....

Below is a quote that you stated he IS going out and looking for a fight....you stated:

Quote:
Out looking for a fight...i wonder who fits that description???
However, if you read the actual sentence yo will see that he clearly said, I WILL NOT LOOK FOR A FIGHT....

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I've taken more than my share of punches in the nose... Now, I am old and my bones are brittle... If you think I am going to give you the opportunity to punch me in the nose, you are mistaken... I will not look for a fight, but if I have no alternative, make no mistake. I will shoot....

So, continue with your little complaint session, oh, and bless your heart....

Old 07-04-2013, 02:01 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Correct.

Zimmerman was out looking to kill somebody.

That's why he concealed his weapon for as long as he did.
Patrolling cops don't conceal their weapons.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Good grief the ignorance! Some of you may really want to watch this video so that one day you won't end up with a murder charge.

Massad Ayoob - Cato Institute - Stand Your Ground Laws - YouTube
He waived the stand your ground law.....

Old 07-04-2013, 02:06 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Perhaps you should watch the case. So far it is far from the tale that the evidence is producing... So far, Zimmerman is looking like an innocent man...
There is nothing in the evidence that does not show that:

1) Zimmerman started it, by profiling and following Trayvon,
2) continued it, by getting out of his car when he didn't need to and continuing to follow (or "walk in the same direction") as Trayvon,
3) ended it with homicide, when it is highly unlikely that Trayvon would have killed Zimmerman in a fist fight. There is nothing to indicate that before the gunshot it was not just a scuffle that Zimmerman had brought on himself.

There is no reason Trayvon would have beat Zimmerman to death in front of a bunch of witnesses, and knowing that police were on their way. No reason at all. He was not a thug, he had no history of violence, he was not what you are trying to portray him as to justify his death. He was an honors high school student, preparing for the SATs, and looking at colleges to apply to. And for all we know he did become aware that Zimmerman was reaching for gun and at that point was fighting for his life.

Even if Trayvon punched Zimmerman in the nose, I see that as 100 % justified when Zimmerman was following him in the dark, and came up behind him. I still believe the fight started further down the alleyway meaning Zimmerman had followed Trayvon down that way. Several of the witnesses, Jayne Surdyka, and the first African American female neighbour witness, said the sounds of the altercation started from further south down the alley way, i.e. closer to Trayvon's destination, and proceed down towards the T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies