Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 11:22 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
Because he doesn't like brown people having sovereignty, not in his backyard anyway, forget any hypocrisy and crimes against humanity this entails.
Did I say "brown" people? "Brown" ain't a race either. Sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 11:24 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
I'm unpatriotic, so are a lot of other folks, but yes I do have a lot of family that did military service, and I'm not against them, or the American people, I just don't like it as a nation, and being an Indian I can laugh if people tell me I should go back to where I came from
The US ain't that bad or you'd have left IMHO. It sounds like you'd be happier in another country and you're free to leave.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:32 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I have a big problem with people having dual citizenship with the Rez's being "sovereign nations".

Ghettos: they're part of the US and HOA's; private land that the Feds could take over any time they want. Neither are sovereign nations.
Well since I'm for state's rights, I tend to view the tribal lands somewhat like a state. I'm for limited federal government and for more power going back to the states -- and tribal councils too.i

The only thing the federal government should be doing is what it was given to do in the Constitution. If it would do that -- border control for example, we wouldn't have foreign cartels targetting our American people to addict with their poison -- either those on reservations, or those in inner cities, or those in suburbs.

You can be under the state of Michigan's laws, or you can live on a reservation. Reservations are about self-government which is good, a kind of local law body which should have more power and the federal government less power.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:33 AM

733 posts, read 940,028 times
Quote:
That won't happen and we both know that.

Again: before the white man came here; most American Indian tribes were nomads so they NEVER owned the dirt they walked on so they have NO rights to ANY non "Rez" land in 2013.
There were plenty of agricultural nations, perhaps even a plurality of them within the confines of today's United States. Sovereign nations that were able to hold dominion over their land and their nation prior to US invasion and to a certain extent after it, whose sovereignty is affirmed by treaties which are only made between sovereign entities and by your own laws.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I'm unpatriotic, so are a lot of other folks, but yes I do have a lot of family that did military service, and I'm not against them, or the American people, I just don't like it as a nation, and being an Indian I can laugh if people tell me I should go back to where I came from
Well I'm becoming less and less patriotic since the federal government and our idiot politicians have gotten so out of control and so far from the Constitution. They're not about the American people any more. They're sending us to wars in the Middle East that they aren't even trying to win, just so we can see our most patriotic types be killed -- and for nothing.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
The US ain't that bad or you'd have left IMHO. It sounds like you'd be happier in another country and you're free to leave.
But unlike the USA, all other countries have immigration laws and it's not really possible for millions of Americans or even thousands to just pack up and leave. If we did that, those countries would deport us, it's not like it is here were anyone can just show up and expect to stay.

I'd consider Australia but again they have immigration laws.

Reservations are more Constitutional that what the rest of us have now, they're in line with the self-government that we all were supposed to have.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I like the land the US occupies, I don't dislike the American people, I just don't like it as a country, the government, the hypocrisy it was founded on. I can't think of somewhere I'd rather be that currently exists though, doesn't mean I have to like the country that occupies it.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well I'm becoming less and less patriotic since the federal government and our idiot politicians have gotten so out of control and so far from the Constitution. They're not about the American people any more. They're sending us to wars in the Middle East that they aren't even trying to win, just so we can see our most patriotic types be killed -- and for nothing.
I'm so cynical I'm not sure when they genuinely cared about the American people as anything but a means to an end, I mean the people that run it are human of course but I'm talking about them working in tandem for the status quo that tends to exclude the best interests of most Americans. I mean that's how I see it

Old 07-14-2013, 11:44 AM

62,953 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
The so-called native Indians came over here from Asia through the Bering Straits so yes one could tell you to go back to the homeland of your ancestors just like they keep telling the white man to go back to their ancestor's homelands. Pot, kettle, black!

Old 07-14-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But unlike the USA, all other countries have immigration laws and it's not really possible for millions of Americans or even thousands to just pack up and leave. If we did that, those countries would deport us, it's not like it is here were anyone can just show up and expect to stay.

I'd consider Australia but again they have immigration laws.

Reservations are more Constitutional that what the rest of us have now, they're in line with the self-government that we all were supposed to have.
I think we should all have more sovereignty, of course we'd have to work on racism, sexism and homophobia first in my view, it's just that Indians tend to have a better legal framework in this country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies