Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 11:14 PM

494 posts, read 804,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropes1981 View Post
If we just start with Iraq, a war that was a mistake estimates have put the civilian Iraq casualty count at between 110,000-225,000. This is just Iraq and is just deaths (not injuries). Do you think a 6 year old boy is going to accept the United States saying his dead mother was an accident or collateral damage? Think the father of a daughter who had her arms blown off by a drone missile that hit the wrong people will want justice for a country that wrongly murdered his daughter? These people are going to want justice and are not likely to just forget.

The solution is to stop this cycle of madness. I for one would like to see the bush administration put before a court on manslaughter or murder charges. Iraq was a mistake and at the very minimum they are guilty of manslaughter for their negligence.
Be sure to add the Obama administration alongside with Bush. Oh wait i forgot when the left does it ( ofcourse they are the ones who brought us the neoconservative movement and thus these war hawks ) all is okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
We pull troops from Iraq and the hippies still whine and cry lol.
whats the point of doing anything when people will still complain?
I am anything but a hippie and i agree we need to get out of the war business which is only fueling more hate towards this country. We are violating our own constitution in this so called war on terrorism which is a total joke and another reason why the list of enemies is growing by the day. BREAKING NEWS.. There is not a terrorist hiding under your bed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 11:17 PM

233 posts, read 238,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBTL View Post
Be sure to add the Obama administration alongside with Bush. Oh wait i forgot when the left does it ( ofcourse they are the ones who brought us the neoconservative movement and thus these war hawks ) all is okay.

I am anything but a hippie and i agree we need to get out of the war business which is only fueling more hate towards this country. We are violating our own constitution in this so called war on terrorism which is a total joke and another reason why the list of enemies is growing by the day. BREAKING NEWS.. There is not a terrorist hiding under your bed.
For the record I am a libertarian, not for Obama, not for Bush.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:18 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBTL View Post

Is too, I saw him there dammit...

Old 07-05-2013, 11:19 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Quote:
For the record I am a libertarian, not for Obama, not for Bush.
For the record, so am I....

Old 07-05-2013, 11:22 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
There is not one lone reason for terriorism by Muslim extremist.
You could pull every troop from the middle east and we would still have terriost, you could go in a time machine and decide to never go to war in the middle east and we would still have terrorist.

One thing they don't like is "western culture" and America happens to be the largest cultural exporter in the western world.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:28 PM

Quote:
There is not one lone reason for terriorism by Muslim extremist.
You could pull every troop from the middle east and we would still have terriost, you could go in a time machine and decide to never go to war in the middle east and we would still have terrorist.

One thing they don't like is "western culture" and America happens to be the largest cultural exporter in the western world.
I agree with some of that. I also know that by killing and injuring Iraq civilians, it fuels them. Think about if it was your family member killed by a Chinese drone over here. Would you want justice? Revenge?

Old 07-05-2013, 11:30 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
By way of deception, they shall do war.

propaganda has been used since WWI.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
I agree with some of that. I also know that by killing and injuring Iraq civilians, it fuels them. Think about if it was your family member killed by a Chinese drone over here. Would you want justice? Revenge?
Yes, but I know China wouldnt be dumb enough to attack the most powerful country in the world.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Yes, but I know China wouldnt be dumb enough to attack the most powerful country in the world.
So that is your defense? The USA should act like a bully because at the moment it is the most powerful. I see where the paranoia comes from, because we may not remain the most powerful and may be treated how we treated other countries.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:52 PM

Quote:
So that is your defense? The USA should act like a bully because at the moment it is the most powerful. I see where the paranoia comes from, because we may not remain the most powerful and may be treated how we treated other countries.
I think we are less of a bully compared to the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies