Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 06:51 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
In other words, Obama made a mess of things but let's try to head off any criticism of that fact before it starts.

Meanwhile, us liberals would never think of engaging any of that "wrong if you do, wrong if you don't" type stuff.

It really is true that it was irresponsible to raise the debt ceiling under Bush, and irresponsible not to raise the debt ceiling under Obama. It really is true that Bush's Patriot Act was a violation of civil liberties, but Obama's reauthorization of it was good for national security. Bush was terrible for helping the rich with corporate bailouts, but Obama saved the country with his TARP bailing out the banks. Bush was a war criminal with all his drone strikes, but Obama has shown how tough on terrorism he is by increasing drone strikes. Obama was showing fiscal responsibility by saying he'd veto any attempt to get around sequestration, and Republicans were forcing draconian cuts by not getting around sequestration. Obama was saving the environment and helping with climate change by scaling back oil drilling, and he helped the world economy by sending foreign aid to Brazil to increase oil drilling. That warmonger Bush was awful for attacking Iraq, so it's a good thing Obama averted a humanitarian disaster by attacking Libya.
You forgot the $1.5million to Brazil to help women to quit smoking. Every dollar counts when you add it all up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 06:55 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Can't answer my question can you? That's OK, I didn't expect you to because you couldn't.

Obama didn't need any advice on who to arm. In 2007 he decided that the MB needed all the help the US could give them.

You really think Obama would turn to McCain for advice? LOL They are at odds as to what the MB is. Obama thinks they are the face of democracy in the ME, and McCain knew they were terrorists.

The ONLY time Obama turned to McCain was when he asked him and Graham to travel to Egypt, on "unofficial business", to try to fix the situation. Seems Obama was a bit thick as Egypt considers this an internal affair and doesn't want outside interference. How timely for Obama - he gets to skim over the situation rather address both sides (the military and MB) for their actions.
There is no good rationalization for arming them. It's a mistake, in my opinion. I reference McCain who, like Graham, are fonts of bad foreign policy ideas.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:07 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Explain how "Obama supported this jerk."

If you can.
Money,F-16s,M1 tanks and bravado statements like this
Barack Obama said "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction "...well it doesn't get any uglier than this and Christians being victimised by these radical terrorists...crickets and fence straddling.
Thank God for the armed citizens standing up against these Brotherhood extremists ....

Old 08-17-2013, 07:21 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
I don't see any evidence that anything ever gets 'better' in Muslim countries unless it's imposed from the outside by non muslims.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
McCain who, like Graham, are fonts of bad foreign policy ideas.
That just goes to show you Obama's thinking. Why would Obama send two warmongers on an "unofficial" mission to negotiate a peaceful solution? When they failed, they basically slapped Obama in the face when they declared it was a military coup and threw the ball back to Obama.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I don't see any evidence that anything ever gets 'better' in Muslim countries unless it's imposed from the outside by non muslims.
We imposed our selves on Iraq. How's that working out? Iraq is worse than ever. We helped Libya where currently there is political unrest. We imposed ourselves on Afghanistan which can stay status quo as long as there is a US military presence, or fall back and end up like Iraq with the absence of a US military presence.

Obama went across the ME promoting democracy, telling the citizens of countries that democracy was their right. There were NGOs in Egypt financing and assisting the overthrow of Mubarak.

People listened to Obama preaching democracy over and over and over and the results were "inspiring" people to fight for democracy and that was force behind the Arab Springs.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:05 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
It would be interesting to hear how Obama rationalizes arming rebels in Syria. The US government claims that they can tell who is the bad guy rebel and who is the good guy rebel which is pretty good considering there are so many rebels from numerous terrorist factions fighting (and killing Christians) against the Syrian government that is looking to seek control to establish an Islamist state.
The purpose of corporate Islam seems to be similar to the purpose of maintaining American corporatism through out the world. This clash of ancient corporations that are Christianity and Islam has been going on for centuries. It really has nothing to do with religion or ideology. It's like two huge factions - two huge old and established mafias trying to secure turf to maintain the status quo and a certain elite that use religion as a vehicle for ensuring change takes place - change that is in the favor of elites on both sides of this fence.

If one mafia is going to side with the other mafia it is all about - "what's in it for me"...as far as Obama is concerned he does not see the ancient divide that has always existed between The Islamic gang and the Christian one...He because of his anti-Christian influence and a bias that dictates that Islam is more pro black and that Christianity is a white thing...has led this food into a quagmire of divided loyalty. If you take the success that was the old British Empire - it was Christian VS Muslim...and it was a loyalty to ones own gang that kept the British empire great.

Obama has compromised this old corporate issue and is not loyal to the nation he represents..which is supposedly is secular but is still governed by Christian doctrine. To be blunt and pragmatic...Obama and his cronies had better make up their mind which side they are on...You can't play both sides of the fence...This is an ancient feud and family comes first...IF Coptic Christians who share the same values that most Americans share are being slaughtered - He had better show some outrage for the killing what should be his own- That is the problem here- Obama is not a Christian...we in effect have a CEO that is a sympathizer to our competition. You can't run a show like that- flip flopping is for fish out of water- not for leaders.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:12 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
Quote:
We imposed our selves on Iraq. How's that working out? Iraq is worse than ever. We helped Libya where currently there is political unrest. We imposed ourselves on Afghanistan which can stay status quo as long as there is a US military presence, or fall back and end up like Iraq with the absence of a US military presence.
This is exactly as I stated it. Unless there is an imposition of power by non-muslims, muslim countries fall back into barbarism. They were feeding people into giant shredders in Iraq under Saddam. The Taliban was beheading females for being disrespectful to their male captors, I mean husbands, not to mention growing Al Qaeda.

The problem is : only sociopaths from within really WANT to rule muslim countries. So they get worse. They NEVER get better.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:25 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Islam is a movement that uses FORCE to ensure it's survival. There will always be violence in a movement born in violence. That is the nature of the beast. A thousand years later and they still up hold their rule through horrific intimidation - heads are still being chopped off...hands and fingers removed...Woman being beaten and stoned to death because they "tempted" a male. Christianity and the logic of it's doctrine will always be the superior mindset. I just don't understand that a year ago Christian Coptic churches were being burned in Egypt...and there was not one protestation regarding this coming out of the White House.....I suppose the liberal progressives assume that killing Christians anywhere is a good thing...seeing they are not big on the gay thing....and that Christians are all "haters"...........so what the heck- let the Muslims kill those bad Christians...after all Muslims for a night of entertainment like to enjoy the sodomizing of young boys...and I guess for the progressives that is some sort of progress.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:36 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Islam is a movement that uses FORCE to ensure it's survival. There will always be violence in a movement born in violence. That is the nature of the beast. A thousand years later and they still up hold their rule through horrific intimidation - heads are still being chopped off...hands and fingers removed...Woman being beaten and stoned to death because they "tempted" a male. Christianity and the logic of it's doctrine will always be the superior mindset. I just don't understand that a year ago Christian Coptic churches were being burned in Egypt...and there was not one protestation regarding this coming out of the White House.....I suppose the liberal progressives assume that killing Christians anywhere is a good thing...seeing they are not big on the gay thing....and that Christians are all "haters"...........so what the heck- let the Muslims kill those bad Christians...after all Muslims for a night of entertainment like to enjoy the sodomizing of young boys...and I guess for the progressives that is some sort of progress.
And whoever leads the country has to have one level of force above them to stay in power.
Mubarak, Ghadaffi, Saddam...they kept a semblance of order in their countries.
But we declared them inhumane dictators. We think if we topple them the country will turn into a model of democracy overnight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies