Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 10:22 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,256,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashful Bob View Post
Hardly ... ha .. ha ... you're still a tad ....uh shall we say "Funny" ... of course you know I mean funny as in ha ha , not funny as in q*ueer

The majority of the people don't have the time, nor inclination to fully rationalize for themselves, they rely on the media,society and peer pressure to do their so called informed thinking and to formulate their viewpoints - The majority sadly believe their opinions to be a product of their own enslaved minds.

Opinions most certainly do go through cycles - {The pendulum swings both ways} , and is largely, but not wholly dependent on the forces at work within the ruling cabal of the Media elite.
Bob most people are coming around and finding out that gay folks are not much different than everyone else. Most folks don't sit around all day letting it eat them up like you do. Most people just don't care, why do you? Will your life change any if a gay couple move in next door to you? You know if my partner and I were to move in next door to you I bet we would be good neighbors and you would probably like us. I'm the type of guy that if I see you stuck in the snow I would be the first over to push you out or pull you out with my truck. And if you tried to pay me I would insist you keep your money and help out your fellow brother or just put in the collection plate on Sunday.

It seems like to me after reading some of your post you think all gay men are American hating communist sissys that are hell bent on destroying the country. You would be surprised at how many gay folks I know who are republican and I don't have one gay friend who is not a christian. We have several gay churches in Tulsa and there is a huge one in Dallas. Most I know are members of the NRA and drive pickups with gun racks in the back, of corse I live in Oklahoma so that is kind a given. A lot of them I know are farmers or ranchers, cops, mechanics, butchers, firefighters, EMTs and military vets. I'm an big ugly pipeliner, and I know of others who are rufnecks, welders and machine operators. In other words we are just like everyone else, we are just trying to get by the best we can. I know you think our only goal in life is to pi$$ off folks like you, but that is not the case. I will admit there are a few trouble makers in the gay community but what community is free from that?

So I don't know if anything I have typed down here has sunk in or not. I would hope maybe after reading what I have put down you may think we are not some kind of monsters with green blood that eats babies.

Bob I hope you have a good weekend and remember to give your family a little extra love after all it is almost Christmas.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:38 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,501,613 times
Quote:
I don't believe any of that, nor do many Christians. What I do believe is that Homosexuality is a deviant Mental disorder that is being forced down societies throat.

Throughout the 1990s, the media message pertaining to treatment of Homosexuals was "Tolerance". However, as society became more tolerant of their affliction largely through propaganda, educational and media mind programming we have become less tolerant of those who refuse to subscribe to this political correctness.

The Pendulum goes both ways and the backlash is beginning - TAKE COVER !
If anything is a deviant mental disorder, it is the belief in an invisible being. It is not a mental disorder to be gay, it is sexual orientation. Being a bigot is an affliction that affects all of society in a harmful way.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:56 AM

723 posts, read 634,717 times
Quote:
I recall seeing hot girls occasionally walk by and commenting on them. My friend never did, until one day following a comment I made regarding one - he responded with a comment about a young man that was in the vicinity - my reply was Gerry, don't even joke like that ! His response was that he wasn't Joking. That was his way of letting me know he was a fruitcake. He remains my close friend and I respect his choice in life.
So I let my friends call me fruitcake, but that's because my friends respect me and my basic rights, turning it into a friendly barb. From all of your posts, you clearly do not show us the same respect. As a result, I'd say you're not much of a friend and calling him a fruitcake is an insult instead of a friendly barb.

You can disagree with us, but at least show some basic respect.

Quote:
Many gays are otherwise respectable, intelligent and caring human beings and deserve to be treated as such. The upper echelon of the Gay "Rights" movement are not Their goals and tactics to meet those goals are devious and despicable, they espouse degenerate sexual perversion and attempt to preach this to the younger generation - not tolerance , which is a guise / a ruse / a facade.
Where is this paranoia coming from? So many people in the "upper echelon" are married with kids that this is just a bizarre accusation, one that sounds like it belongs in 1986 rather than 2013.

Why are you so obsessed with homosexuality?

Last edited by jaykibs; 12-13-2013 at 08:18 AM..

Old 12-13-2013, 08:36 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,853,248 times
Quote:

Their goals and tactics to meet those goals are devious and despicable, they espouse degenerate sexual perversion and attempt to preach this to the younger generation - not tolerance , which is a guise / a ruse / a facade.
So are you trying to tell us the goals are not tolerance, but conversion???

LOL Do you really think people can "switch teams"? I suppose you probably think its a choice, too. How quaint!

Old 12-13-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
I recall seeing hot girls occasionally walk by and commenting on them. My friend never did, until one day following a comment I made regarding one - he responded with a comment about a young man that was in the vicinity - my reply was Gerry, don't even joke like that ! His response was that he wasn't Joking. That was his way of letting me know he was a fruitcake. He remains my close friend and I respect his choice in life.
You call a close gay friend a fruitcake? I guess I just don't get...

Old 12-13-2013, 06:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,340,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Bob most people are coming around and finding out that gay folks are not much different than everyone else. Most folks don't sit around all day letting it eat them up like you do. Most people just don't care, why do you? Will your life change any if a gay couple move in next door to you? You know if my partner and I were to move in next door to you I bet we would be good neighbors and you would probably like us. I'm the type of guy that if I see you stuck in the snow I would be the first over to push you out or pull you out with my truck. And if you tried to pay me I would insist you keep your money and help out your fellow brother or just put in the collection plate on Sunday.

It seems like to me after reading some of your post you think all gay men are American hating communist sissys that are hell bent on destroying the country. You would be surprised at how many gay folks I know who are republican and I don't have one gay friend who is not a christian. We have several gay churches in Tulsa and there is a huge one in Dallas. Most I know are members of the NRA and drive pickups with gun racks in the back, of corse I live in Oklahoma so that is kind a given. A lot of them I know are farmers or ranchers, cops, mechanics, butchers, firefighters, EMTs and military vets. I'm an big ugly pipeliner, and I know of others who are rufnecks, welders and machine operators. In other words we are just like everyone else, we are just trying to get by the best we can. I know you think our only goal in life is to pi$$ off folks like you, but that is not the case. I will admit there are a few trouble makers in the gay community but what community is free from that?

So I don't know if anything I have typed down here has sunk in or not. I would hope maybe after reading what I have put down you may think we are not some kind of monsters with green blood that eats babies.

Bob I hope you have a good weekend and remember to give your family a little extra love after all it is almost Christmas.
Yes. Your yard will probably look nicer than my yard, and then I'd have to work hard to keep up. I'll have to spend more money on exotic flowers and I'll resent you for it.
You'll always bring the right wine to dinner when I invite you over to break bread with me, and that will put me to shame. I'll be standing there at the liquor store, scratching my head, not knowing what to do. I could always ask the guy who works there, but you probably know more than he does about bouquets and aromatic notes of leather and blueberries and what goes better with Chilean Sea Bass.
My life will suck if you move in next door!

Old 12-13-2013, 06:21 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,410,518 times
It all boils down to civil vs. religious.
Only a legally recognized marriage, conducted by permit from obtaining an official license, is valid in the courts everywhere around the world. Only civil marriages recognize without question issues of inheritance, legitimacy, property ownership, contractual obligations, and other matters that are important socially and legally.

A religious marriage may spiritually bind a couple, but that's where it ends for everything else, except in the few theocratic governments in the world. And even in them, a civically recognized marriage is still the basis for all the matters mentioned above.

Why is this so? Because anyone who claims to be a preacher can preach and collect a congregation. This is not exclusive to Christianity, either. Members of all faiths can be preachers. A church, or whatever the building is called, is not required by law to keep records of those who marry inside it.

That's why a Christian can marry a Jew or any other faith here, or believers of different Christian faiths can marry, or people of no faith at all can marry. All are recognized equally under our laws. The only group who was barred from legal marriage were people of the same sex.

That is just as unequal as forbidding people of different races to marry each other, or forbidding a group the right to vote, or own a gun, or not letting them speak freely, or move to wherever they choose without hindrance, or peacefully assemble, or any of the other guarantees that our Constitution bestows on us as citizens.

If a church wants to forbid gay marriage under it's sanction, that's the church's right, but it ends on the front step outside the door. That too is part of our Constitution. Gays are citizens exactly the same way we are all citizens, and it is both against the Constitution and our shared humanity to deny them a civic marriage if they so desire.

It matters not whether this nation was founded on Christian principles or not. The Constitution allows anything it does not specifically forbid, and we all live under the law, not religion.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Yes. Your yard will probably look nicer than my yard, and then I'd have to work hard to keep up. I'll have to spend more money on exotic flowers and I'll resent you for it.
You'll always bring the right wine to dinner when I invite you over to break bread with me, and that will put me to shame. I'll be standing there at the liquor store, scratching my head, not knowing what to do. I could always ask the guy who works there, but you probably know more than he does about bouquets and aromatic notes of leather and blueberries and what goes better with Chilean Sea Bass.
My life will suck if you move in next door!

LOL no believe me your yard is probably much nicer than mine, I do pipeline construction so I am gone a lot, my yard is always a mess, so I don't have time for flowers.

As far as wine goes about the only thing I will drink merlots, I'm a redneck gay, so it's beer with crappie (pronounced crop ee), bass or catfish deep fried okra and homemade hushpuppies of course...LOL And after we eat we drink more beer and then we sit around telling fish stories that are totally untrue, while scratching, belching and farting...LOL Like I said, redneck Okie here. You will find more gay men like me than the ones that Hollywood have made up. In fact you probably run into them all the time and don't know it because we are just as boring as everyone else.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It all boils down to civil vs. religious.
Only a legally recognized marriage, conducted by permit from obtaining an official license, is valid in the courts everywhere around the world. Only civil marriages recognize without question issues of inheritance, legitimacy, property ownership, contractual obligations, and other matters that are important socially and legally.

A religious marriage may spiritually bind a couple, but that's where it ends for everything else, except in the few theocratic governments in the world. And even in them, a civically recognized marriage is still the basis for all the matters mentioned above.

Why is this so? Because anyone who claims to be a preacher can preach and collect a congregation. This is not exclusive to Christianity, either. Members of all faiths can be preachers. A church, or whatever the building is called, is not required by law to keep records of those who marry inside it.

That's why a Christian can marry a Jew or any other faith here, or believers of different Christian faiths can marry, or people of no faith at all can marry. All are recognized equally under our laws. The only group who was barred from legal marriage were people of the same sex.

That is just as unequal as forbidding people of different races to marry each other, or forbidding a group the right to vote, or own a gun, or not letting them speak freely, or move to wherever they choose without hindrance, or peacefully assemble, or any of the other guarantees that our Constitution bestows on us as citizens.

If a church wants to forbid gay marriage under it's sanction, that's the church's right, but it ends on the front step outside the door. That too is part of our Constitution. Gays are citizens exactly the same way we are all citizens, and it is both against the Constitution and our shared humanity to deny them a civic marriage if they so desire.

It matters not whether this nation was founded on Christian principles or not. The Constitution allows anything it does not specifically forbid, and we all live under the law, not religion.
Really a great post!
Here is something that may surprise a lot of people, but most of the gays I know are pretty religious. There are several gay churches here in Tulsa and a lot more that are very gay friendly. Dallas has a huge gay church.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:59 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,340,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
LOL no believe me your yard is probably much nicer than mine, I do pipeline construction so I am gone a lot, my yard is always a mess, so I don't have time for flowers.

As far as wine goes about the only thing I will drink merlots, I'm a redneck gay, so it's beer with crappie (pronounced crop ee), bass or catfish deep fried okra and homemade hushpuppies of course...LOL And after we eat we drink more beer and then we sit around telling fish stories that are totally untrue, while scratching, belching and farting...LOL Like I said, redneck Okie here. You will find more gay men like me than the ones that Hollywood have made up. In fact you probably run into them all the time and don't know it because we are just as boring as everyone else.
Lol! I hope you realize I'm just yanking your chain. I live in a gay Mecca and have lots of gay buddies. I like to go fishing with a gay satellite dish installer and a gay electrician. We go up into the mountains to catch lake trout and northern pike. They're beer-drinking guys, while I'm a Pinot Grigio gal myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies