Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 09:49 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,756,796 times

Advertisements

Spy on every Muslim (I bet they already did).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 09:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Spy on every Muslim (I bet they already did).
They probably did and actually allowed the Boston terrorists to commit their ugly killing. That would not surprise me at all if Obama had full knowledge of what was being planned.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:52 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I blame it on the current POTUS. This is going on NOW, under a fascist dictator who thinks he controls the entire world.
Well, of course it's going on now. It's all part of the patriot act. Why would you blame Obama for continuing what was signed into law by Bush after 911.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
They probably did and actually allowed the Boston terrorists to commit their ugly killing. That would not surprise me at all if Obama had full knowledge of what was being planned.
Oh please, that's like the foolish nonsense of some that said 911 was planned by the Bush administration.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:17 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Well, of course it's going on now. It's all part of the patriot act. Why would you blame Obama for continuing what was signed into law by Bush after 911.
Obama is the current POTUS -- actually has been for a number of years now, time for you to quit blaming Bush.

In fact the first thing Obama did was defend the government spying on the American people, just as he illegally used the IRS to go after conservative groups. You have to take off your blinders.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Obama is the current POTUS -- actually has been for a number of years now, time for you to quit blaming Bush.

In fact the first thing Obama did was defend the government spying on the American people, just as he illegally used the IRS to go after conservative groups. You have to take off your blinders.
I am not blaming bush at all but he did put the patriot act into law. You do realize that don't you. Sorry, not blinders on my part. The blinders belong to those that are iggnorant

Old 07-06-2013, 10:38 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,027 times
Quote:

Right wing activists could practice what they preach (flat simple tax, reducing government debt) and simply don't apply for tax exempt status so IRS could oppress them. I never write off my contributions to any cause just because I don't want to deal with documentation for many years to come. I guess the lure of the tax write offs was simply irresistible. Yup, you are true champions of the cause.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:40 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,246 times
In a few years, no one is even going to remember who Snowden is and, for that matter, really even care. People go from fire to the next; always forgetting about the last one. He may make it to "wherever," however as others have said: He will meet a certain demise. The intelligence community is fairly small. Even worldwide. They won't forget.

A few years from now, there will be a 3 or 4 paragraph story about how Snowden crashed his car in a drunken driving accident, overdosed, fell off a cliff, etc. No one will give it much attention. A few of the more fringe nuts will scream the CIA had him killed (which will be true), however no one will really care. In general, people will turn back on American Idol, have a few beers and say, "Who is Snowden?"

Old 07-06-2013, 10:50 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
In a few years, no one is even going to remember who Snowden
Try a few months. Short attention span and information overload are real things, they are so intense that "normal" people have neither time nor desire to do anything about the information they receive. Information became sort of entertainment for the news junkies.

Quote:
A few years from now, there will be a 3 or 4 paragraph story about how Snowden crashed his car in a drunken driving accident, overdosed, fell off a cliff, etc.
Why bother if nobody remembers/gives a dime?

Old 07-06-2013, 10:57 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Try a few months. Short attention span and information overload are real things, they are so intense that "normal" people have neither time nor desire to do anything about the information they receive. Information became sort of entertainment for the news junkies.

Why bother if nobody remembers/gives a dime?
Why bother? Simple. To dissuade others in the future of doing so. When you get the sort of clearance Snowden has, if you have ever been through the process, you sit in this huge room. Someone in a nice suit and tie comes in, and reads you all sorts of things. Tells you the laws, how much time you can spend in federal prison if you release items, etc, etc, etc. Snowden went through all this.

Now, when these meetings occur in the future, the same person in the nice suit can say, "You remember what happened to Snowden don't you? If you think that was an accident, we have beachfront property in Kansas for you."

A message has to be sent. Not just for the United States, but intelligence communities all over the world.

By the way, its not information overload these people have. Its a "I don't care" attitude. Before this happened, MOST people didn't even know there was an NSA. In fact, walk down the street now. MOST people still don't know what the NSA does, couldn't tell you what the letters stand for and probably couldn't even tell you what the letters of the CIA stand for. MOST people, the general public, really DON'T CARE. As I said, they know who the last 5 American Idol winners are, but couldn't tell you who the Vice President is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies