Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2013, 12:58 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
I don't think it's fun to watch so many with homosexual fetishes, get STDs they have to suffer with the rest of their lives, or AIDS & mental illness that sometimes kills, or risks of anal sex like anal fissures, anal cancer, colon rupture and bacterial infection.

http://www.cdc.gov/stdconference/2000/m ... ay2000.htm

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/msm/index.htm

It may happen often, but it's not fun to see such statistics.
Then argue for anti-sodomy laws, if you really feel that people should be protected against themselves. It's a little sad that you're forced to reduce the institution of marriage to just the sex act to build an argument.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
A major part of this homosexual fetish special legal treatment demand - is based on redefining basic terms.

Marriage, by definition, can NEVER include 2 of the same sex.
But instead of accept this truth, some narcissistic individuals have demanded to have the definition of marriage changed.

The truth stands, though. Marriage is between a man and a woman.
Ah, found the quote. Shaw's "Caesar and Cleopatra", act II:

"Pardon him. Theodotus: he is a barbarian, and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature."

Old 07-07-2013, 01:08 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Would not allowing gays to marry, ya know encourage monogamy, reduce STDs?
You'd thinks so, but statistics reflect that even in committed relationships, those with homosexual fetishes change partners often - and with increasing rates, the longer the committed relationship.

It's sad because they're looking for the right fit in vain.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It's a little sad that you're forced to reduce the institution of marriage to just the sex act to build an argument.
The institution of marriage is between a man and a woman - not between 2 of the same sex who are helping each other get off on fetishes.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Was fine with it being private... why are you all taking it PUBLIC!

THe Closet is the closet for a reason.
Exactly.

I think it might be because those with homosexual fetishes, deep down realize they are just fetishes, but want to try to convince themselves and others that they're special - hence, all of the parading around on streets.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
The institution of marriage is between a man and a woman - not between 2 of the same sex who are helping each other get off on fetishes.
We've already established that you define marriage in terms of "getting off". No need to reiterate.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:16 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Quote:
It's not enough for them to get off on themselves, they need someone ELSE to abuse.

It is obvious truth that the anus is an exit only.
Basic human anatomy.
The fetish of anal sex produces anal fissures, anal cancer, colon rupture & bacterial infection.
That's like saying that penis-vagina sex produces syphilis, miscarriages, and herpes. Let's ban it!

Old 07-07-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I think it might be because those with homosexual fetishes, deep down realize they are just fetishes, but want to try to convince themselves and others that they're special - hence, all of the parading around on streets.
You can repeat your "fetish" lie until you're blue in the face, but it'll remain a lie.

Love is not a fetish.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
The institution of marriage is between a man and a woman
Except in jurisdictions where same-sex marriage is legal, in which case it can also be between a woman and a woman, or a man and a man.

Hope that clears things up for you.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:29 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
I have mixed feelings on this.

I've met several females who have been scorned by men who decide they'll be with a woman because it's safer. That's not real love that's fear. That's not the way to go.

I think that there are people who really do fall in love with the same sex but the amount that it seems to be increasing by, to me, seems to come from the media taking a lot of taboo from it and people getting curious and exploring something they were afraid to explore before. I don't think there's nearly as many homosexuals out there as there seems to be in this day and age and i think we just need to rebalance. Many of us are ridiculously off balance and need to explore why that is for ourselves.

We just need to give people space to rebalance themselves.

So for that reason, I'm in support of gay marriage. I don't care what the dictionary says. We've defined and redefined words for years and we've created words to describe what we feel and what we mean as well. So I'm not stressing about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Ordinarily the meaning of words change through use as society and its values and priorities change, but they also change as a result of deliberate action by individuals and groups who hope to alter the meaning of words or misuse words to disguise their intentions and agendas.

In George Orwell's classic novel, "1984", a deceitful totalitarian inner party continually removed words from use and misused existing words in an effort to control the thoughts of party members.

Today, some in the real world would like to attempt to control the thoughts of others by misusing the word "marriage".

While I personally have no objections to homosexual civil unions with identical benefits and rights to marriage, if intelligent people to allow themselves to be manipulated into redefining marriage when the real intent of doing so is normalizing homosexuality, then even more fundamental words like "normal" will be sacrificed as will the common sense associated with distinguishing between that which is normal and that which is not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you have no problem with same sex people having the same benefits as heterosexual couples getting married, just as long as they don't legally binding call it marriage? Well why not make it easier and get rid of heterosexual marriage and make a civil union that has all the benefits of marriage and if people wish to call their civil union a marriage, then they are more than welcome to.
Because then it would be the same manipulation under a different name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies