Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2013, 04:24 PM

904 posts, read 687,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Yes. Really.

I can only assume from that assertion that you are really a disappointment in the sack.
You can assume all you want, it still doesn't change that sexual gratification often is a selfish act.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:28 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,250,283 times
The definition of marriage has changed over the course of history. Yes, for the past several centuries it has been one man and one woman but go back farther and it was one man and multiple women. Today popular opinion tells us that its two consenting adults, regardless of sex. You can't rationalize a reason for defending the legal definition of marriage as between a man and a woman when a majority of Americans disagree with that. Churches can define marriage how they see fit and that right should be defended to the death, but the state must define it as the people do.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:33 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,459,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
THere are already sodomy laws...
No, there aren't. Not since 2003, when the US Supreme Court overturned them.

Do you think they should be reinstated? And if so, why?

Do you think heterosexuals who practice oral sex should be prosecuted?

Old 07-07-2013, 05:02 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
What does sex, procreation, and marriage have anything to do with each other?

If we are talking about a marriage between one man and one woman, sex can and often does lead to procreation and the children born to this couple are joined to their parents in a legally defined family unit with a common sir name.

If we are talking about same-sex marriage, one obviously has nothing to do with the others and the real purpose of marrying two persons of the same sex is use the power of the state to force an association that would otherwise not exist in hopes of making one type of union the same as the other.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:43 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,169,710 times
Quote:
Ah yes, I see you support having the government patrol people's sex lives. Maybe we should let government regulate who we have sex with and when we can have sex.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:45 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,169,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If we are talking about a marriage between one man and one woman, sex can and often does lead to procreation and the children born to this couple are joined to their parents in a legally defined family unit with a common sir name.

If we are talking about same-sex marriage, one obviously has nothing to do with the others and the real purpose of marrying two persons of the same sex is use the power of the state to force an association that would otherwise not exist in hopes of making one type of union the same as the other.
What about heterosexual couples that can't have children or don't want to have children, are they not allowed to marry? Should the government tell people when they can have sex and with who?

Old 07-07-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Ah yes, I see you support having the government patrol people's sex lives. Maybe we should let government regulate who we have sex with and when we can have sex.
No i don't, i think gov't needs to stay out of most everything having to do with relationships.
The poster i was speaking with, said there were none, when there in fact are.

Many States did not listen to the Feds, and still have Sodomy laws on the books...
look at this map.

Also if someone engages in sodomy with a minor, they can be prosecuted separately from standard intercourse.
Ergo... sodomy laws.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
No, there aren't. Not since 2003, when the US Supreme Court overturned them.

Do you think they should be reinstated? And if so, why?

Do you think heterosexuals who practice oral sex should be prosecuted?

Old 07-07-2013, 06:45 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
The institution of marriage is between a man and a woman - not between 2 of the same sex who are helping each other get off on fetishes.
As I mentioned in another thread, you're actually wrong. According to tradition and the bible sex between a man and a woman of the same race, bonded in holy matrimony, is an intimacy that simply cannot be imitated. Mixed race marriages are not traditional marriages and were only made acceptable by the liberal democratic hippy movement of the 60s. What you believe a "traditional" marriage is, is just some bastardized version that the liberal media has convinced you of.

Genesis 24:3 And I will make thee swear by the LORD, the God of heaven, and the God of the earth, that thou shalt not take a wife unto my son of the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell.

Deuteronomy 7:3-4 Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.

Numbers 12:1 - And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

Also, in further correction, it is sex between a man and several of his wives (of the same race), bonded in holy matrimony, is an intimacy that simply cannot be imitated. According to the scriptures there is nothing wrong with having multiply wives, and some of the holiest me in fact did.

2 Chronicles 13:21 - But Abijah waxed mighty, and married fourteen wives, and begat twenty and two sons, and sixteen daughters.

Exodus 21:10 - If he take him another [wife]; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

2 Chronicles 11:21 - And Rehoboam loved Maachah the daughter of Absalom above all his wives and his concubines: (for he took eighteen wives, and threescore concubines; and begat twenty and eight sons, and threescore daughters.)

Genesis 4:19 - And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one [was] Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:03 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times
Quote:
Yes, and they're pants-on-head stupid things to have on the books - the map fully lives down to one's expectations for the backwaters. Doesn't really change the fact that SuperSoul seems to define marriage in terms of intercourse only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies