Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 10:23 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morskoy View Post
Political corecteness has nothing to do with the science. You dont have any scientific books then. And also, you dont need to be a doctor, a psychiatrist, a scientist to have the common sense and to do the math on separating normalcy from perversion. The basic thing you need is just to know what sex is, and why people do it - from scientific point of view, not hipster's one.
Who said anything about political correctness - or hipsters, for that matter? Seriously confused here.

And you don't think my library, which literally has millions of books and e-resources has any scientific books? Keep grasping, lol. We have plenty of scientific books, peer-reviewed articles online, and everything else a scholar would ever need to study this topic... and I'd be willing to bet almost ALL of them include homosexuality as a natural variance of human sexuality. Can you refute that, with actual scientific studies?

Quote:
What part of "scientific point of view" is not understood?
Since you haven't actually posted any "scientific point of view," article, etc, I am only failing to understand what anything you've said has to do with gay marriage. That is the topic here, no? So even if I were to agree that homosexuality is a sexual perversion, I still don't see how that relates to marriage.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:23 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
You're so good in bigotry you may start to write one.
How am I a bigot? You are the one that claimed to be one and was proud of it, I was just referencing your own comment.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
I've nothing against that, since I'm no excellent in English. If I'd been a libertad, I would have whine to put you in jail for harrasment, as every progressive fighter for freedom would do.
Liberals don't want to put you in jail, we are just gonna point and laugh.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
I've nothing against that, since I'm no excellent in English. If I'd been a libertad, I would have whine to put you in jail for harrasment, as every progressive fighter for freedom would do.
I think you're trying to say "*******," and if you meant it as a personal jab, I am not one of those.

You should know, however, that using the word "retard" (or its variations) is highly offensive to people of all political orientations... not to mention, it makes you look kinda immature. Are you capable of debating this topic without personal attacks or partisan comments?

Old 07-13-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Link to what? What is the purpose of sex from scientific point of view? I have given the short scientific explanation already, and you may get a class on a basic biology to get the same more deeply, theres no "link' to the class.
So you only have sex with a vagina to procreate and nothing else? You have never had sex with no intention to procreate?

Old 07-13-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sex is fun and feels good.
Amen to that!

People have been having sex for pleasure since the beginning of time, I imagine, and marriage is a fairly modern institution... especially when you consider our current definitions of marriage, which differ greatly from the early ones and from culture to culture (women being the husband's property, polygamy and incest allowed/encouraged, arranged marriages, etc). But if I'm not mistaken, having the ability to procreate has NEVER been a requirement for anyone to marry - at least not here in the US.

So "Morsky" and the OP can babble on & on about penises fitting into vaginas, women having babies, fetishes, or whatever. Still won't change the fact that nobody is required to have the desire and/or ability to procreate to get a marriage license, nor have we (heteros) ever been denied licenses for having freaky deaky sex.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Homosexuality is perversion alone. You may call it disorder if you like, no matter. Since I've spoke on morality issues I used the word perversion which is more suitable in this case. If you switch to strictly scientific issues, then its disorder. All homosexuals have disorder, yes, even if its innate its still disorder.

I'm not reffering to the ability to procreate. I'm referring to the disorder which makes sexual instinct to function in broken way. People use to call this perversion. No need to do the mockery on the super important social institute - marriage, just to please some passive-aggressive part of the homosexuals & their libertad collegues who try to convert disorder into political ideology.

Libertad politics are pushing people to recognise perversion as normalcy. One of the basic examples on that is sexual education in schools, where kids are being taught that homosexuality is normalcy.
Nobody is "normal," when you think about it - and I don't see any other groups being denied equality based on their abnormalities, disorders, minority status, or whatever else you want to call it. Do people with mental illnesses generally get denied marriage licenses? Please cite a few examples, thanks.

Speaking of normal, I came across this awesome quote the other day: "The day I broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life." Love it!

Quote:
There are absolutes right vs wrong on the topic, but since you're liberal you pray on moral relativism.
How do you know what my political beliefs are? Don't believe I've stated that anywhere in the thread, and you're brand new to the site... I'm actually more "asexual" in my political affiliation, no pun intended, and in terms of morality I practice (reform) Judaism and humanism. Still doesn't make you right, nor does it make me right - we are just different, but apparently I'm the only one capable of recognizing that fact.

Anyway, I've fed your trolling WAY longer than I should have; so have a nice night, I'm going out now!

Last edited by gizmo980; 07-13-2013 at 11:05 PM..

Old 07-14-2013, 05:16 AM

Quote:
You may try to find the books issued before the era of political correctness. You may also try to check when homosexuality has been removed from the official UN' WHO' list of mental disorders, used by most countires healthcare systems as a definite document. It was 1999, and it was a political decision.
Thank you, Captain Obvious. I'm well aware of all that, but I never said anything about politically correct labels or APA definitions... even in the older documents, they (legitimate scientists) at least acknowledge it's a natural variation of human sexuality. Albinos aren't "normal," but they are a natural anomaly. Do you understand the difference here? And considering someone being gay doesn't affect you in any way whatsoever, I don't see why it matters what you call their state of being.

Quote:
Try to be little bit more open-minded & you'll see how it relates. It's easy: since it's disorder/perversion, how come this can be supported by the society and thus by the state? If one wants to marry elephant, lets give him papers because "equal rights" & no matter thats madness?
Nice try, but comparing bestiality to consensual human relationships is the weakest argument one can use... and a clear sign you've run out of ideas.

Just because something is legal or allowed, that doesn't mean everyone has to jump up and declare it "okay." There are plenty of legal things I don't personally think are good for society, or necessarily moral, but that doesn't mean I think they should be illegal. Alcohol is a good example of that, since I think it causes more problems than all other drugs combined - but I still wouldn't support prohibition.

Quote:
If a mentally ill person wants to marry someone of the same sex then yes, this is denied.

Homosexuals have same rights to marry as just anyone. Any man can marry a woman, and vice versa, no matter of one's sexual orientaion. No need to invent some new special "marriages" based on someone's perverted sexual orientation.
This argument also qualifies as desperate, not to mention it's about as played out as "G-d made Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve." Seriously, get some new material!

Don't play dumb, you know as well as I do it isn't about simply being allowed to marry - it's about being allowed to marry the consenting adult of your choice, regardless of gender. Heterosexuals can marry the person they love, homosexuals cannot. What, you want gay people marrying straight people and living a lie? Or do you want them having non-marital relationships, or do you want them to be celibate for life? Those are your choices, since gay people won't just disappear like magic.

Quote:
Btw, If you do really practice Judaism you may not support whatever homosexual relationship.
Clearly you know nothing about Reform Judaism, which officially supports recognizing GLBTQs (and SSM) as valid and equal. As you would say, read a book! Maybe start with the Torah, since it says absolutely nothing about homosexuals or gay marriage. And I did specify Reform Judaism, in case you weren't reading carefully. Although in reality, it's only the ultra-Orthodox & Hasidic Jews who strongly oppose SSM.

Quote:
I'm capable to debate the topic
No, not really. You're only capable of name-calling, avoiding direct questions, talking in circles, and passing off your opinion as fact.

Quote:
but I'm not a politically correct hipster, sorry.
Neither am I. Hipster-types severely annoy me (they're rampant around here), and I'm actually very un-PC in real life. But I was raised to be respectful, until someone gives me a reason to disrespect them... and of all people who deserve our respect, I would think the intellectually challenged (or "retards" as you'd probably call them) qualify above most humans. Oh, did you think I meant that term was insulting to liberals? Wrong yet again.

Last thing before I leave you to your fantasies... if you don't live in this country, why do you care about our laws so much?

Last edited by gizmo980; 07-14-2013 at 05:39 AM..

Old 07-14-2013, 05:21 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
If someone wants to get married what is it of anyone's business? ALL marriages occur without your consent and that's the way it should be...

Old 07-14-2013, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
If someone wants to get married what is it of anyone's business? ALL marriages occur without your consent and that's the way it should be...
Amen. I don't recall any of the married straight people I know asking for approval, consent, or "acceptance" from complete strangers... I also don't recall anyone being asked about their sexual proclivities, morals, intentions to procreate, or mental stability. So why are people suggesting homosexual couples should be selectively held to these standards? And they say it's not discrimination, when it's the very definition of such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies