Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2013, 07:19 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,471,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I think the government got involved in marriage so they could take the pleasure in destroying it. No joke.
Maybe so. I know I will sound crazy to most, but I honestly believe the power players (in secret) behind the Democratic Party are members of the Church of Satan. And I think they have clear religious goals. And I think nothing would give them more happiness than to see millions of children (as children or become adults) led into utter destruction.

That's my view though.

Not that I'm Republican. The problem is the Democrats promote charity of heart and policy where the Republicans are utter d___s. Actually, maybe the Satanist run both parties [shrug].

Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
How is forcing two people who quite possibly despise each other to stay married benefit anyone?
It doesn't if it gets to that point. But a contract that can't be enforced is rather meaningless.

There is no legal penalty for separating though. Of course, that would not allow either party to remarry and move on--in that sense--with their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 07:24 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
Maybe non-believers and liberal Christians might find it crazy, but I agree. Family courts are run by heathens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
Maybe so. I know I will sound crazy to most, but I honestly believe the power players (in secret) behind the Democratic Party are members of the Church of Satan. And I think they have clear religious goals. And I think nothing would give them more happiness than to see millions of children (as children or become adults) led into utter destruction.

That's my view though.

Not that I'm Republican. The problem is the Democrats promote charity of heart and policy where the Republicans are utter d___s. Actually, maybe the Satanist run both parties [shrug].

It doesn't if it gets to that point. But a contract that can't be enforced is rather meaningless.

There is no legal penalty for separating though. Of course, that would not allow either party to remarry and move on--in that sense--with their lives.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:27 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Oh I see! Well, since divorce has been around since the Old Testament days, you must think Gloria Steinem et al are thousands of years old to have been around back then. That was one crazy-***** association you tried to make there.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:56 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
People were no more happy "back then" and people aren't "divorced, single and bitter" now. Most people who are divorced and of a certain age (mine) are quite happy to have put the crap of whatever led to divorce behind them and live a peaceful life. I know I am.

And yes, it takes TWO WILLING ADULTS, but when you are talking divorce or even lack of interest it's because at least one already decided they weren't willing. You can't force this stuff.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:49 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
That was before feminized organized crime came into the scene and skyrocketed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You trying to crash Granny's crochet circle again? You really need to find some of your own friends.
WTF is 'feminized organized crime'? I lived in an area heavily populated with Italians and I never heard of it.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You trying to crash Granny's crochet circle again? You really need to find some of your own friends.
You said you was married for 20 something years? I can see to who - the state. And sorry, I don't take advice from the other side.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:57 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
Quote:
It can be easily said that feminism is loosely connected to organized crime.
you must read a lot of sci-fi.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:21 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Surely you jest.

Men are not that shallow.....only women are shallow.

Men never stray from faithful, loving wives who have borne their children just because they come across a young, nubile, hottie whose body isn't marred by childbirth and breast feeding.....that just doesn't happen.

Men are paragons of virtue, don't ya know.

{Gawd, I am feeling a bit nauseated after typing that. }
Oh my and I threw up a little just reading it ... You should be ashamed.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:26 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,108 times
Quote:
At least they were happy back then.
What gives you the idea everyone was happy?
There were millions of couples married in name only because divorce was so hard.

For the most part, real life was nothing like Leave it to Beaver and Father Knows Best.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
What gives you the idea everyone was happy?
There were millions of couples married in name only because divorce was so hard.

For the most part, real life was nothing like Leave it to Beaver and Father Knows Best.
At least divorce was reasonable back then, compared to now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies