Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 04:54 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times

Advertisements

I'm pro marriage and all but the devastating effects to the children might have actually been more the result of the bitterness and feuding that took place while the marriage was still intact.

Most likely the same things that destroyed the family in the first place is what hurt the kids.

Anyhow I tend to doubt this -- a whole lot of kids are born to parents who never marry and I doubt their statistics are at all better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 04:56 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I'd like a logical explanation of why you blame feminists.
Yes, true -- a guy who would marry a feminist in the first place can only blame himself really.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:00 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,065 times
So children would be better growing up in a household full of turmoil where mommy and daddy fight all the time, and/or daddy is away most of the time and mommy is always "tired" (really drunk).

You really need to leave that small box you live your life.

Last edited by JohnnyMack; 07-06-2013 at 05:14 PM..

Old 07-06-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, true -- a guy who would marry a feminist in the first place can only blame himself really.
Please explain this one to me.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
It's just a lack of commitment to each other, things get a little tough and they bail out, it's a character flaw.
You have NO idea how many years they stayed together and tried to make it work or ONE of them tried and the other kept doing what they were doing.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:04 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,250 times
You're right. No-fault divorce enabled females to divorce with no or petty reason, at the man's expense. The divorce industry is organized crime, plagued with crooked lawyers and feminized judges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
I thought women were most the initiators in no-fault divorces? But maybe I'm wrong on that. I need to google up what I can find to see what it says.

From hearsay I heard--in the United States--that most women filing no-fault divorces simply give reasons like I'm bored with him, or something along those lines or to that affect. But again, that's just hearsay I got that from.

If you were a feminist and you wanted to turn marriage into a racket for women, make divorce easier (i.e., get women out of the contract), make sure courts, give women half the wealth of the man, and if and when prenub contracts are created in counter move to protect men from the feminist racket, you get a court case precedent making prenubs weakened too [1].

1. Long Island Woman Wins ‘Groundbreaking’ Prenup Battle - ABC News

Old 07-06-2013, 05:05 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The terrible toll of making divorce easier: Children are more likely to be violent, take drugs and have underage sex
DOMA/Prop 8 version 2.0?

[]

Last edited by MIKEETC; 07-06-2013 at 05:16 PM..

Old 07-06-2013, 05:12 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What do feminists have to do with men divorcing their wives? This is and always be a two way street you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
At least he didn't blame gays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
You're right. No-fault divorce enabled females to divorce with no or petty reason, at the man's expense. The divorce industry is organized crime, plagued with crooked lawyers and feminized judges.
Well, I AM impressed that no one has blamed Obama ~ so far. Just the women; of course, it's all their fault. Goes without saying.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:12 PM

111 posts, read 107,491 times
I live in the easiest place in the country to get a divorce and the kids here are no worse than anywhere else.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Wow, let me guess ... The wife divorced you for "NO REASON".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies