Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 12:44 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
The fact that you would quote my post and ask me that question and ignore the post I was responding to, which was based on speculation, Zimmerman's statements and the poster's opinion that Trayvon is a thug shows your bias.

By the way, I've said over and over that there is no evidence of who attacked who.
My apologies for mis-interpreting your post.

I think there is a little confusion on this board over the topic; there are conversaiotns about what might have happened, then there are conversations in a strict legal sense on the trial. Most of mine (maybe all?) are centered around evidence in a trial.

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Trayvon ran, he ran after him. That's a chase.
Where is the evidence he ran after him? There is none but in your head.

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
West: Packaging of TM's clothes proper?

Di Maio: "No, sir."

West: DNA could be degraded?

Di Maio: "Oh, yes."
I thought that had already been established.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:45 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,064,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
There is no evidence to support Martin initiated the physical contact.
Shouldn't we have seen some evidence of having been punched on Martin? Is there anything on Martin to suggest that Zimmerman punched him?

Quote:
Martin not going to the house and calling 911 is not against the law.
Of course not, but you missed the point. It suggests that Martin wanted to find and confront and fight Zimmerman. Otherwise he could have just returned to watching the NBA All-Stars game and enjoyed his iced tea and Skittles.

In other words, Zimmerman and Martin are basically on equal ground as far as who was the pursuer and who started the physical confrontation. That's why I like to use my hypothetical of what a conversation between Martin and NEN might have sounded like:

Trayvon: Hello? There's a creepy-ass cracker following me. Can you send some police to investigate?

NEN: OK

Trayvon: Should I go outside and try to find this guy?

NEN: No, we don't need you to do that.

Trayvon: Can I punch him in the nose and slam his head into the ground?

NEN: No, we don't need you to do that.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:46 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That settles it, he's guilty...lmao
lolol. Some things just make you shake your head and look away.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
That would be valid if Zimmerman hadn't proven to be a pathological liar.
To whatever extent he was less than truthful or had a bad recollection, the non-Zimmerman evidence sure does seem to point in his favor.

Last edited by Bhaalspawn; 07-09-2013 at 12:57 PM..

Old 07-09-2013, 12:49 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Where is the evidence he ran after him? There is none but in your head.
The recorded call. He said Trayvon was running. He then said he was following him and is obviously panting and moving. Do you really think it took that much effort for him to Walk? Witnesses heard running. I get that you think Zimmerman is justified in killing Martin, but saying he didn't run after him is silly and unbelievable. You may as well give this one up. I'm not going to argue about this with you. The evidence is there.

Quote:
Nothing but speculation. I'm done discussing this with people who want to make the victim out to be a thug, take Zimmerman's word at face value and refuse to acknowledge that he did anything wrong. Your post is BS and this is the last post of this nature that I will dignify with a response.
So, you're saying that he did not punch Zimmerman in the nose and that John Good's testimony about Martin's being on top of Zimmerman and raining blows down on him MMA-style is bullocks? Are you saying that Martin did not pound Zimmerman's head into the concrete?

If Martin did not do it, then who did and how did Zimmerman get those injuries? Is ManBearPig the culprit? Could it have been some KKK racist who wanted to make it look like Zimmerman had a valid claim of self defense?

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Up until that point, yes, he did the right thing. What he did afterwards is what is in dispute here.
You were stating that he shouldn't be carrying while on "Watch" and I was pointing out that he wasn't on "Watch".

Old 07-09-2013, 12:50 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Di Maio says biological evidence on TM's hands could've been harmed by rain, "how the hands were handled,"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies