Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 07:40 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,509,560 times

Advertisements

911 calls will bury Zimmermann! He was told by the dispatcher to avoid a confrontation! What did the knucklehead do? Got out of his truck and persued Trayvon. Who was "armed"? Not Trayvon! and he shot him through the heart! He's toast!

Old 07-09-2013, 07:41 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,601,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
What past crimes? Zimmermann's? or Trayvon's?
Zimmerman had criminal charges for felony assault and resisting arrest, and domestic violence charges.
The felonies were reduced to misdemeanours so why isn't the information about those incidents being entered in to evidence, it's all on record.

He also had vicious statements on his myspace account, and thuggish statements about his ex-girlfriend, and previous court cases. Why is none of that being considered in court, and Trayvon's supposedly bad e-mails are?

Trayvon has never had criminal charges against him, let alone ones for violence.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Are those hypothetical questions ? Nelson isn't admitting the cell phone stuff, is she
Not yet. My point is why is the prosecution not trying to admit anything from Zimmerman's past misdeeds, of which he had many. Was Zimmerman's phone scoured for deleted messages. I'll bet anything it wasn't. Why only Trayvon's?

Old 07-09-2013, 07:43 PM

5,767 posts, read 4,994,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Are those hypothetical questions ? Nelson isn't admitting the cell phone stuff, is she

They're debating that right now. She's waiting until tomorrow to rule on the animation.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:45 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,206,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Not yet. My point is why is the prosecution not trying to admit anything from Zimmerman's past misdeeds, of which he had many. Was Zimmerman's phone scoured for deleted messages. I'll bet anything it wasn't. Why only Trayvon's?
Just like with the toxicology test - why wasn't Zimmerman tested?

I hope the judge does the right thing here.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:46 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,937,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Obviously, you did need me to explain it, because you totally missed his point. If they don't believe Romans 8:28, then I question their faith. Many people call themselves Christians simply because they believe in God. That doesn't make you a Christian, but it's a good beginning.

One of the mothers is lying. From Tracey's interview with the police and his testimony, meeting in the Mayor's office without law enforcement, I put the odds on TM's mother who is not telling the truth.
Matthew 5:21, Deuteronomy 5:17, Leviticus 19:18, Romans 2:1-29. This isn't really the place. I'm sure there are child molesters and rapists who also believe they were carrying out God's plan. Like I said, the devil has a plan too.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:49 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,210,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
911 calls will bury Zimmermann! He was told by the dispatcher to avoid a confrontation! What did the knucklehead do? Got out of his truck and persued Trayvon. Who was "armed"? Not Trayvon! and he shot him through the heart! He's toast!
You haven't been paying attention to the trial have you?

Old 07-09-2013, 07:52 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,821,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I think she knows. But I also think everyone around her keeps telling her it's Trayvon's voice.

I definitely think that Trayvon caused his own demise - but he's still her (their) son. And I don't think she can face that fact.

Yep. Gladys Zimmerman knows it's George.
If Al Sharpton and the Mayor had not gotten involved, I might have believed she wasn't lying, but it is just too politically and racially motivated to think otherwise. I am sure their premise is that it doesn't matter whether it is TM's voice or not, GZ had a gun and we need to do something about that for justice. Self-defense is not their issue.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:52 PM

This is a convoluted question but can anyone figure this out.

At the end Trayvon was supposedly straddling George leaning over him so that there were only a few inches between their upper bodies. From that position how did Trayvon see and reach for Zimmerman's gun in the holster at Zimmerman's right hip/waist?

From a few inches away in a fairly horizontal position, it would be very awkward for Trayvon's right hand to reach for something on Zimmerman's right hip.

Zimmerman, in his testimony, said he felt Trayvon's hand start sliding across his body to reach for the gun. Kind of hard to do just inches away from someone, there wouldn't be room for your arm to bend. And also of course during that time Trayvon still had his other hand still pressed over Zimmerman's nose. Trayvon's arms would be criss-crossed.

Try moving your own right arm from having your hand hovering a few inches in front of you at shoulder level, to sliding diagonally across your body to reach the left side of your hip without your elbow jutting out a foot.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:53 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,821,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Matthew 5:21, Deuteronomy 5:17, Leviticus 19:18, Romans 2:1-29. This isn't really the place. I'm sure there are child molesters and rapists who also believe they were carrying out God's plan. Like I said, the devil has a plan too.
He didn't say he was "carrying" out God's plan. You are purposely being obtuse about his comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies