Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 08:16 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,012,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Most men will not go to the doctor unless they are forced. Many Men will tend to say "Go away, I'm Ok" before they are loaded into an ambulance and taken to a hospital.

I'll bet this describes your husband, father and grandfather.
I'll go you one better...as a post-op nurse, I couldn't even guess at how many 200+lb. men I've had to catch under the arms and lower to the floor because they insisted on walking to the bathroom after a TUR.
I have the battered back to prove it, too. However, if one truly feared for one's life, that kind of attitude is so unreasonable that it defies logic.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:17 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,438 times
It is hilarious that on HLN they have been sooooo pro TM. Now that it is starting to look like an acquittal, they are already blaming the prosecutors as inept and blaming the investigation in general.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:17 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,733,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
To include the animation?
Thanks. Been busy all day, trying to catch up, haven't watched a thing today.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:18 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,199,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Actually, it's not all that unusual for complicated cases like this to consume this many hours by attorneys, court personnel, and Judges even. She has to rule on at least two issues tomorrow. Whether or not to admit the animation "evidence" and whether or not to put on all that evidence about what that guy found on the cell phone. She has LOTS AND LOTS of case law to read and review. I'm guessing her law clerks are working all night too. Last night the prosecutors had to take depositions, one of the defense pathologist and I think they took the animation guy's depo too. That meant they had to hire court reporters to report those depos and provide TRANSCRIPTS within a few hours after the depos were over. That cost them BIG MONEY, more than they had to pay the pathologist!

This trial has really turned in to an extremely nasty trial!
I agree. No matter what, this trial is gonna be used in law schools. They'll be using this for moot court...I can see it now...Those third year law students...

Old 07-09-2013, 08:21 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
However, if one truly feared for one's life, that kind of attitude is so unreasonable that it defies logic.
That may be true but it's the way most men think. It's got to be very serious or someone else telling us to go before we seek medical.

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Judge Nelson is positively tired of the defense's BS. They already have two potential witness sequestration violations and they want to sit there and argue about sleazy tactics by the State? Please. They were caught with their hands in the cookie jar once again and the court has had enough.
That was a good catch, sequestration violation by consulting with the animation guy!! Who was the other witness they talked to while he/she was under the sequestration rule? West or whoever was arguing for the Defense seemed to have gotten caught 'flat-footed" when the Judge pointed out the sequestration problem! lol

Who was the witness who was offering the proffer in re the files on Martin's cell phone? Was that the guy who works for the State Attorney's Office who earlier reported that the State had withheld information?

1,111 posts, read 1,733,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I agree. No matter what, this trial is gonna be used in law schools. They'll be using this for moot court...I can see it now...Those third year law students...
They could spend three years debating just this case.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:22 PM

17,354 posts, read 14,606,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
It is hilarious that on HLN they have been sooooo pro TM. Now that it is starting to look like an acquittal, they are already blaming the prosecutors as inept and blaming the investigation in general.
Over the last couple of weeks their tide has been turning ... one thing I find HYSTERICAL is that the online poll for HLN After Dark is ALWAYS very pro-Zimmerman, but their in-studio "court" is the opposite.

And don't forget - Nancy Grace admitted last Friday that Zimmerman's story always stayed consistant.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:23 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Funny that the defense, just now, was arguing to include e-mail messages about fighting from Trayvon's phone.

But Zimmerman who took classes for months, even if he wasn't any good, he took classes in MMA and boxing, and it's like that's not supposed to count for anything!
Sure it counts for something. He didn't even know how to punch, was uncoordinated, non-athletic, soft. Though Nelson probably won't allow tm's fighting, it's absolutely relevant.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:23 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Thanks. Been busy all day, trying to catch up, haven't watched a thing today.
You missed great testimony from Dr Di Maio.

If you can find it, you should watch. The man is a legend and wrote the book on forensics.

Vincent Di Maio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.