Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 07:11 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Thank you for being reasonable. This has been my point from the beginning. At work we had to take a class called bridges.
Bridge is down we can communicate. Bridge is up you have problems.
The class went on to give different scenarios most of which were not even realistic. But the point was made. Perceptions are everything.
GZ's perception was that TM was an e-fing punk and an a-hole. He behaved and approached the situation according to that perception.
TM noticed he was being followed. His perception was that GZ was a creepy white guy. He behaved accordingly.
Both behaved in a way that escalated the moment out of control. Neither used common sense. Neither really attempted to be civil.
This is what happens when idiots clash.
I wish I could rep you for this post.

Is anyone getting a live feed of the trial right now? I can't seem to find one today.

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
People who use the word "snitches" are not friends of the police and believe they should be permitted to do whatever they want even if it is illegal.
NOt true. A snitch is someone who likes to tattle for every small thing. GZ made I believe 49 calls in 8 years... If I am in error I'll recant.
Snitches hide behind authority figures rather than face the person they are telling on.
TM and GZ faced off but not because GZ wished it so. Remember he was afraid to give his address out loud.
In school there were snitches and I am sure if you work in a large company you have snitches.
If I believed people should be allowed to do whatever they wanted I wouldn't care about GZ following someone for no good reason.
I believe in law and order. However no one likes a gossip, a snitch, or a peeping tom.

17,357 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
Talk is circulating that there are incriminating text messages on St. Trayvon's phone where he said something to the extent that his arms hurt from fighting earlier that day and that he had lost round one but won rounds two and three of the fight. Trayvon also may have sought to purchase a gun illegally. We may have grounds for a mistrial if the prosecution concealed this evidence from the defense.
Yep. The texts are available online. Some are redacted - but there are several that are about guns & fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Which means he didn't hurt his hand that night.

One of the ME's testified that an abrasion like that could have happened days before that night.
You really should watch the trial.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:14 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post

Is anyone getting a live feed of the trial right now? I can't seem to find one today.
Yes, I'd like to know how the judge ruled on last night's arguments. Court was supposed to start at 8am, so by now that should have been done.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:16 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Yes, I'd like to know how the judge ruled on last night's arguments. Court was supposed to start at 8am, so by now that should have been done.
HLN.

The judge has denied both motions.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I wish I could rep you for this post.

These threads amaze me. If you doubt GZ's word or motives then you are TM supporter.
If you doubt TM's position then you are GZ supporter.
I love the excuses. Following people isn't against the law. No it isn't. But that doesn't make it right. Anyone with a brain in their head should realize that such actions can lead to trouble. Just like calling a man's wife a prostitute can lead to trouble. Is it illegal? NO but it isn't right to do it even if it is true.
All GZ had to do is stay in his truck as he was trained to do. I know it isn't illegal to follow. Well it isnt illegal to walk home from the store either. It wasn't TM that initiated the problem.
TM should have went home. He didn't for what ever reason. Not illegal. But unwise.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:21 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Wednesday, July 10:

First witness: Dennis Root, LE trainer, etc. Self-employed.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:22 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Which M.E.? The expert or the idiot?
Let's play "what if"?
What if G.Z. did exactly what some have stated and wanted to kill some black kid just because? The State has done such a poor job from right after T.M. died to the end of court yesterday in proving anything other than both were there and that G.Z. might have misspoke several times. Why aren't y'all directing your ire at the incompetence of the people that are supposed to be there to protect you and your rights?
Why aren't there protests to remove the M.E. who's obviously out of his depth and incompetent, change documentation laws to force detailed medical records etc?
Have to agree with that. If anyone of us were murdered we'd be relying on a competent police service, a skilled medical examiner, and competent prosecution to speak for us and our families. I don't think that has happened for Trayvon and his family.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:23 AM

17,357 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
HLN.

The judge has denied both motions.
Well ... the animation can't be introduced into evidence but can be used as a demonstrative exhibit. Which I believe means they can use it during closing.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Well ... the animation can't be introduced into evidence but can be used as a demonstrative exhibit. Which I believe means they can use it during closing.
Is the animation based solely on GZ's story? If so what is the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies